All Aboard!!!

Colin226

So i just sat in my seat on the Train to Trenton but here is how the day went so far.. I arrived and parked in the VIP lot which was a cool once-in-a-lifetime experience.. went to the Pavilion to sign in and got my lunch and goody-bag.. the lunch was an option of veggie, tuna, roast beef, and turkey were the sandwich choices i believe.. lunch also came with water, an apple, and a cookie... the goody-bag came with some season ticket brochure, tshirt, and Brodeur autographed mini stick.. a little after 10am we walked in the rain to the station where the executives were waiting for our train.. we boarded the train and jeff n lou came around to say hi to everyone.. oh and NJ says hi

So i just sat in my seat on the Train to Trenton but here is how the day went so far.. I arrived and parked in the VIP lot which was a cool once-in-a-lifetime experience.. went to the Pavilion to sign in and got my lunch and goody-bag.. the lunch was an option of veggie, tuna, roast beef, and turkey were the sandwich choices i believe.. lunch also came with water, an apple, and a cookie... the goody-bag came with some season ticket brochure, tshirt, and Brodeur autographed mini stick.. a little after 10am we walked in the rain to the station where the executives were waiting for our train.. we boarded the train and jeff n lou came around to say hi to everyone.. oh and NJ says hi

Sounds nice!

Just curious, how are you posting this from the train? Blackberry? laptop?

Tell Lou to get to work!!!!! :P

yea really!!!! LOL

So i talked with Dayneko for a little and he signed a puck i had brought.. Jeff was very outgoing and had conversations with anyone who wanted to talk.. Lou on the other hand looked like he was either tired or had his mind on something else.. So far its been a very well run event.. The lunch was decent but the cookie was awesome.. We are by Hamilton Station now so next stop is Trenton.. i will probably post again on the return

So i talked with Dayneko for a little and he signed a puck i had brought.. Jeff was very outgoing and had conversations with anyone who wanted to talk.. Lou on the other hand looked like he was either tired or had his mind on something else.. So far its been a very well run event.. The lunch was decent but the cookie was awesome.. We are by Hamilton Station now so next stop is Trenton.. i will probably post again on the return

LOL, I hope so!!

im posting from an LG Dare on Verizon Wireless.. so they divided us up and half went to the State Assembly while the State Senate.. I was at the assembly one and we were quiet when needed but loud when we could be and yes we yelled Close the IZOD.. it was awesome and Marty was very shy lol.. im watching the Senate honor him now from a Simulcast.. great day!!

On the train back to Newark.. im sitting next to the Devils radio announcers but i cant remember the guys name.. everyone on the train seems pleased with the event and are excited for the Draft.. ill post more of a reaction later when i get home.. thanks for following this guys

On the train back to Newark.. im sitting next to the Devils radio announcers but i cant remember the guys name.. everyone on the train seems pleased with the event and are excited for the Draft.. ill post more of a reaction later when i get home.. thanks for following this guys

Matt Loughlin and Sherry Ross, in case you want to strike up a conversation. :P

Matt Loughlin and Sherry Ross, in case you want to strike up a conversation. :P

riiiiiiight.. well Matt is editing sound clips on his laptop and sherry is reading a magazing featuring a NHL Draft preview.. so its another work day for them

What a great day. 1st class by the Devils.

Great to be among the group to have participated in this and a big thanks to the Devils staff, Mr. Vanderbeek, Lou, Grant Marshall, Rob Skrlac and Ken Daneyko.

It was nice meeting and chatting with everyone (i don't know if those i did are members here). For those that i didn't meet, i was the one with the red/green Brodeur jersey :)

It was nice meeting and chatting with everyone (i don't know if those i did are members here). For those that i didn't meet, i was the one with the red/green Brodeur jersey :)

With the patch on it? I saw you! But I only remember the jersey :doh1:

gallery_3001_117_11053.jpg

Took it on my phone real quick but it's good enough

The NHL 75th patch. Yep, that was me!

We were watching the simulcast with all you guys as well. That was fun. Codey was in rare form lol.

I didn't really have any qualities to make me stand out.. A kid wearing Boston College regalia was on NJDevs during the simulcast when I was lol.. I don't think he knew I was the guy giving twitter-like updates

I went along on the trip today as well and I also have to add that it was a once in a lifetime incredible day. The Devils pulled this event off without a hitch, and that's pretty impressive for transporting 300 people by rail and bus and keeping everybody organized and happy, despite the awful weather. My girlfriend and I ended up sitting in a 3/4 empty train car going down to Trenton and Lou was walking through and stopped at us and immediately struck up a conversation. My girlfriend jokingly asked him "they made you take the train with all these crazy people?" and he responded with "oh it's ok, all these people think I'm crazy." Line of the day. Runner up was when I overheard someone joking with Lou about him losing his hair and Dano was nearby and Lou said "he's the reason I lost most of it" or something along those lines.

Later on Rob Skrlac and Grant Marshall sat in the seats in front of us and talked to us for the rest of the trip down there. They also had box lunches and were eating them and the mascot sits next to them and motions like he wants Grant's sandwich. Grant and Rob busted his chops, saying take the head off so you can eat it. I said "he'll take it off later at the bar" and NJ points at me and give me a thumbs up. Vanderbeek was awesome as well when he came by. Everyone was just so down to earth, approachable, and friendly. It was never like a segregated train with management, players and team employees sitting in a private car. They walked around and mingled the whole time.

Other highlights were the priest who delivered the opening prayer for the Senate leading off with "I feel so conflicted being surrounded by Devils", Dick Codey getting on the case of some representatives from south Jersey who root for the Flyers, and Vanderbeek saying, it's not North Jersey or South Jersey Devils, it's NEW JERSEY Devils, and they're proud to represent the state.