we waived Bobby butler ?????

caron14

Is this just one of those situations where, if he clears waivers now, he can be sent down in the (near) future without having to clear waivers again?

Maybe this is just Lou covering all his bases, so to speak.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Am I alone in thinking he will be claimed?

Probably not, but again, he already made it through before the lockout and not much has changed (he crushes in the AHL - we knew that already). Also since he'll be going through when teams have set their rosters, it will be harder for someone to claim him.

And he doesn't have to be sent down even if he isn't claimed.

But yeah, I don't really see who takes his spot unless it is the horrible Steve Bernier.

From what I understand from TG's tweet, Butler has to make the final 23-man because he wasnt place on waivers until today...meaning he cant clear until tomorrow when the deadline has already passed. I'm pretty confused by this move.

Maybe the timing says Lou is counting on him not being claimed? I mean, right now teams are trying to pare down their rosters, not add to them.

Probably not, but again, he already made it through before the lockout and not much has changed (he crushes in the AHL - we knew that already). Also since he'll be going through when teams have set their rosters, it will be harder for someone to claim him.

And he doesn't have to be sent down even if he isn't claimed.

But yeah, I don't really see who takes his spot unless it is the horrible Steve Bernier.

When did Bernier become so horrible all the sudden to the point that you don't even think he should make the team? Or is this the latest contrarian streak?

When did Bernier become so horrible all the sudden to the point that you don't even think he should make the team? Or is this the latest contrarian streak?

Bernier's just horrible in a top 6/anything above checking line role

i dont know what is going on and im confused... maybe we sign gomez.... acquire jamie benn or bobby ryan... or nothing at all lol

PS: if we acquire ryan or benn i dont have a word to say :P

Last scenario is that he could be the kind of player who cant play in the NHL on a daily basis (he can score but if he cant play both side of the ice Deboer will not take him)

Edited by caron14

Bernier is barely a 4th line player - I recognize why he is here, but unless there is a trade/signing coming, this move suggests that Bernier will start the season as the 3rd line RW, which is simply inexcusable.