the official NHL 11 Thread.

skullsmasher

Why are the Red and Green jerseys still not included for the Devils? I figured after St. Pattys Day last year and the unofficial announcement that they are back for another year, would mean the old style Red and Green jerseys would be available in the game.

I mean does anyone really want to play as the Scouts or Rockies?

They were in last years game. I haven't looked in this years yet.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EA finally sent me a review copy...except they forgot the advanced part. :urg: So now I've got the one I bought and that one :P

btw first NHL 11 goal: Dean McAmmond with assists by White and Greene. I LOL'd when I saw Mottau on the first pairing b4 I scratched his immobile ass

Be a GM is much better .... RFA's ,all your team prospect, more sensible trades(still not perfect), preseason , You get draft picks until 6 years after the current season so if you in 2011 you have all ur picks to trade up to 2017, and much better gameplay

can you negotiate new contracts during the season with impending free-agents?

if they added RFAs but failed to fix this, i'm going to be a little disappointed

I think be a GM is better but not by much. Its a little more in depth but I still see amazing prospects not being signed as well as good players sitting as free agents all season. They now allow for up to 5 slots for trades instead of 3 now and allow you to trade draft picks as far as I think 4 years in the future. Something I wish EA would put in would be some kind of trade interest meter so you know how interested the team is in the trade. With not being able to turn off auto save there is no way to test out how to get the best deals in trades without possibly messing something up. I also think they could have done a better job with the staff upgrades section. I think it was NHL 2004 that had the ability to change ticket prices and upgrade everything from team giveaways to medical staff, the team practice/gym facilities, travel, etc.

Anybody else here use classic control layout? When I was playing the demo, I absolutely hated how they made you hold down "A" so that the pass is actually fast enough to get through. Is that the same in the full game? If that's unchangeable then I'm not sure I'm gonna buy it.

Yea they let you control the speed of the passes by how long you hold it down. On one hand it's more realistic that not every pass is the exact same speed, but on the other it's unrealistic that faster passes take a longer time to let go.

Have you found any menu settings to disable it?

Yea you can disable it, if you go to gameplay settings and then passing settings, you can turn off manual passing. I like having not every pass be the same speed so I left it on, but increased pass speed, so you can still get off a good headman pass without having to hold down the puck forever. I also fixed pass reception because there are way too many passes that the receiver botches that no NHL player should botch. Unfortunately you can't do anything about the settings when you play online though.

Yea you can disable it, if you go to gameplay settings and then passing settings, you can turn off manual passing. I like having not every pass be the same speed so I left it on, but increased pass speed, so you can still get off a good headman pass without having to hold down the puck forever. I also fixed pass reception because there are way too many passes that the receiver botches that no NHL player should botch. Unfortunately you can't do anything about the settings when you play online though.

Not bad then.

I'll probably get around to buying it around January or so.