GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New Jersey Devils

Coorslight

Not many breaks going the boys' way today, but Poni continues to impress and we got our first taste of Zid.

I like how Marek jumps up in the play and the chemistry he's already seemingly got with Elias and Sykora, but anyone else afraid he may get caught out of position in future games by heading so deep into the offensive zone?

Well, at least there aren't a bunch of knee jerk overreactions in here.

The team just didn't get up for the game. It happens. They have been playing better and better the last few weeks. Looking at the positive, Zidlicky looked good and the powerplay was moving around well.

Honestly there's no excuse for this kind of an off game today. They just lost Friday, they have hell month coming up on the schedule, a home game against arguably a bottom five team without Lecavalier and Hedman was vital to win, cause now this could easily become a four-game losing streak headed into Washington Thursday, which won't be easy either now that they finally seem to have a pulse.

Yes, the team's going to the playoffs barring a full nuclear meltdown but they can't lose too much of their edge here with a tough stretch still to come, the six-game losing streak in March during Sutter's last year was the beginning of the end for that season. Plus the trend of letting the opposition's top line (when they only have one line to focus on) beat us I don't like. At least with the Florida teams. Not to mention the home woes, that have been constant since the Rock opened.

The only good news from the game is it'll likely be the end of Cam too. Let him eat pizza with Lou for the rest of the season. I like the guy but god, that was awful. From high-sticking Carter to whiffing on an easy puck and overstaying his shift (again), he should have been kicked out of the arena entirely after that instead of just benched.

In that case they shouldn't provide game updates at all. Either be fair or just do not do anything except post the final score at the end of the game.

I really never use the Facebook page myself for game updates. I do know some people who are far more casual fans that do use it.

If anyone's using Facebook for updates when you can get NHL Gamecenter on your phone or have other internet sites (including the Devils' own website) then I don't know what to tell you...it's kind of short-sighted as others have pointed out to expect a social media site to post something negative and get negative comments - think TG's comments section for how much of a wasteland it can get.

But Facebook should have said something about the guy winning Score-O - even TG tweeted it - that was the highlight of the game :lol: They couldn't stop showing that highlight at the arena, like they couldn't believe it either.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yeah you have to make three shots to win a car...one from the blueline into an open net (three chances), another from the center line into an open net (two chances), then one from the far blueline and they put up the barrier with a hole barely big enough for a puck to fit in. I didn't think anyone would ever get that :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

Honestly there's no excuse for this kind of an off game today. They just lost Friday, they have hell month coming up on the schedule, a home game against arguably a bottom five team without Lecavalier and Hedman was vital to win, cause now this could easily become a four-game losing streak headed into Washington Thursday, which won't be easy either now that they finally seem to have a pulse.

Yes, the team's going to the playoffs barring a full nuclear meltdown but they can't lose too much of their edge here with a tough stretch still to come, the six-game losing streak in March during Sutter's last year was the beginning of the end for that season. Plus the trend of letting the opposition's top line (when they only have one line to focus on) beat us I don't like. At least with the Florida teams. Not to mention the home woes, that have been constant since the Rock opened.

The 'no excuse' and 'must win' stuff is totally over done. Tampa came out firing and the Devils didn't. Add in garon making some huge saves and the defense having a bad game and it's a loss. It happens. If you look bigger than the last couple of games though this team is clearly coming together off the ice and, with the exception of break downs like today, they are buying into Deboer and his system. These are the things that matter.

• Like 1

Yeah you have to make three shots to win a car...one from the blueline into an open net (three chances), another from the center line into an open net (two chances), then one from the far blueline and they put up the barrier with a hole barely big enough for a puck to fit in. I didn't think anyone would ever get that :lol:

That was the highlight of the game in my opinion. I hope the devils website will put video of that up at least.

He also missed a bunch of his earlier shots so that made it more amazing as no one was expecting him to make that last one.

That was the highlight of the game in my opinion. I hope the devils website will put video of that up at least.

He also missed a bunch of his earlier shots so that made it more amazing as no one was expecting him to make that last one.

lol I didn't even see the first two rounds, I was just walking the halls but when I heard on the loudspeaker it was the car shot I turned to look at the TV, and when he did score I couldn't help put let out a cheer.

Okay, great. Except that aside from goaltending, Tampa really isn't that bad.

The Devils lost a Game 7 that they were leading in the final 2 minutes. If they had gotten swept or beaten in 5, that might be relevant information, but as it stands it's circumstantial.

It's called having a lot of games against the Mediocreast division, not to mention having a healthy Lecavalier and Hedman.

The Lightning will end up playing 24 games against the Southeast Division. The Devils will play 20. So you're saying that these 4 extra games are really the difference between this team being completely in the toilet and being at NHL .500?

Also the Devils played this game without Tallinder and Zajac, which is a wash.

Edited by Triumph

Let's get this straight for the last time. It's ZID-LICK-Y, not ZID-LITCH-KEY! Around the time he left Nashville for the Wild he began pronouncing it Zidlicky. He used to pronounce it Zidlitchkey, but changed it for some odd reason. I remember clearly because either the Nashville or Wild announcers were talking about how it was kind of diva-ish.

Let's get this straight for the last time. It's ZID-LICK-Y, not ZID-LITCH-KEY!

Granted, I'm from Norway and not the Czech rep.. However, I'd be absolutely shocked if what you are saying here is accurate. Most likely he's just been "dumbing it down" to make life easier for american commentators.

EDIT: here you go.. http://ec2-web2.forvo.com/word/zidlicky/

So yeah.. You're wrong. Glad you used caps though.

Edited by njdevsftw

Granted, I'm from Norway and not the Czech rep.. However, I'd be absolutely shocked if what you are saying here is accurate. Most likely he's just been "dumbing it down" to make life easier for american commentators.

EDIT: here you go.. http://ec2-web2.forvo.com/word/zidlicky/

So yeah.. You're wrong. Glad you used caps though.

I'm not saying the announcers were right to call him diva-ish. I'm just talking about the pronunciation. It used to be pronounced Zidlitchky, but now it's just Zidlicky.