78 replies to this topic

#61 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

If you pulled him off the scrap heat like the Cowboys did, you'd take him, or at least you'd consider it a good move. It doesn't have as much to do with how good I think he is right now, only that Some of the criticism of Jerry Jones is unfair.

When you look at the glory positions....yes he does....but the spots you ACTUALLY WIN GAMES AT....head coach....offensive line.....d-line (even when Ratliff was healthy he's not a true 3-4 NT)....he's done an AWFUL job....and this stumbling idiot comes out there and proclaims them Super Bowl contenders every year....and every year it's the same garbage.....you can take Jerry Jones too when you trade for Austin and Dez too :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#62 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,791 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

When you look at the glory positions....yes he does....but the spots you ACTUALLY WIN GAMES AT....head coach....offensive line.....d-line (even when Ratliff was healthy he's not a true 3-4 NT)....he's done an AWFUL job....and this stumbling idiot comes out there and proclaims them Super Bowl contenders every year....and every year it's the same garbage.....you can take Jerry Jones too when you trade for Austin and Dez too :P

Saying competing for a Super Bowl is obvious bluster, but almost every year they're relevant while usually having one of the harder schedules in the NFL, just by virtue of their divisional games. There's the playoff drought, but it's very difficult to make the playoffs in the NFL, especially when you play in a tough division. That's more than you can say for about 20 other teams in the league.

On the coaching staff. It's not an easy call for any team between firing a coach once his performance slips and stability. Firing a coach every couple of years seemed to really work out for the Raiders, right? He hasn't invested a lot in a bust QB that set the franchise back several years, see Jamarcus Russell, Sam Bradford, Matt Cassell, Mark Sanchez, which is THE cardinal sin that any GM can make.

Again, he's not perfect, but he's not Al Davis in his senile years either.

Edited by Daniel, 10 January 2013 - 10:12 AM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#63 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Saying competing for a Super Bowl is obvious bluster, but every year it seems they're picked to be a contender while usually having one of the harder schedules in the NFL, just by virtue of their divisional games. That's more than you can say for about 20 other teams in the league.

Again, he's not perfect, but he's not Al Davis in his senile years either.

If its this bad now, can you imagine what it'll be like once Jerry gets a little older and reaches Al's age and/or senility level? Cowboys fans have tons to look forward to in that regard lmao.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#64 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

On the coaching staff. It's not an easy call for any team between firing a coach once his performance slips and stability. Firing a coach every couple of years seemed to really work out for the Raiders, right? He hasn't invested a lot in a bust QB that set the franchise back several years, see Jamarcus Russell, Sam Bradford, Matt Cassell, Mark Sanchez, which is THE cardinal sin that any GM can make.

Oh really??? Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Henson :rofl:
Every other GM in the league would have been executed for this much stupidity

Sean Peyton also tried to take Romo with him to New Orleans as well

And still above all he gets NO ONE TO PROTECT THIS GUY UP FRONT, and the D-Line's been AWFUL for years
You win the game in the DAMN TRENCHES

I'm not asking for "perfect" I'm asking for "compitent"

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#65 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,791 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Oh really??? Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Henson :rofl:
Every other GM in the league would have been executed for this much stupidity

Sean Peyton also tried to take Romo with him to New Orleans as well

Those were bad quarterbacks that are immediately disposable. I also don't know whether you could point to a bona fide QB they passed up on when they had a QB need. It's the same way I didn't get up in arms with Dolphins management for having to resort to Fiedler, Frerrotte, etc. There was no great available QB staring them in the face, Drew Brees being available in the draft is the only one that comes to mind, and it took him a long time and a good coach to turn into the QB he is now. The disaster is betting the farm on a QB that turns into a bust. Jerry Jones hasn't done that.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#66 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,791 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

BTW, can anyone find the clip from the Monday Night Football interview when Jimmy Johnson said: "If Michael Jackson, I mean Jerry Jones, would have kept Troy Aikman, they'd be in first."
Posted Image

#67 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Obviously Jerry Jones has issues, most notably with the coaching staff. Still he's better than his detractors give him credit for.

When your talented team realizes that the de facto Boss is actually the GM/Owner you have effectively rendered the annual coaching staff as powerless and therefore obsolete.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#68 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Dallas hires Monte Kiffin as DC. http://profootballta...ve-coordinator/

#69 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Wait the father of the famed "Tampa 2" defense that everyone seems to burn offensively???

Love Jerry Jones!!!!
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#70 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,423 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Monte Kiffin was a good d-coordinator in the pros, I don't know what happened to him at USC but it's not a terrible hire.

Jerry's only real smart moves were hiring Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells, he erased the former by firing him and the latter reached his usual expiration date of maintaining his interest.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#71 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

The Cowboys go from an attack 3-4....to a passive 4-3.....I only wish I could poison Jerry's food personally.....I am BEYOND DONE after this......

#72 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

The Cowboys go from an attack 3-4....to a passive 4-3.....I only wish I could poison Jerry's food personally.....I am BEYOND DONE after this......

Which pretty much means you have to rebuild the entire defense.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#73 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Did I just read Norv Turner in Cleveland???
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#74 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Did I just read Norv Turner in Cleveland???

Yeah that happened a couple days ago. Rob Chudzinski was hired as the head coach and Norv as OC.

#75 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Maybe I am late on this too: Brian Billick to Eagles?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#76 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Maybe I am late on this too: Brian Billick to Eagles?

I think he just interviewed with them.

#77 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,791 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Chip Kelly to the Eagles. Nick Satan in reverse.

What is it with football coaches? It seems like in order to be a successful football coach, you have to have this gene that requires you to go back on categorical statements that you made only a few days earlier. I hate politicians, and think they're all liars, but they wish they could get away with what football coaches can.
Posted Image

#78 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Excited about the new crop of coaches being hired this offseason. Lack of retread coaching hires so far, besides Reid, who definitely deserved a 2nd shot at being an NFL coach.

Very interested to see how McCoy, Trestman, and especially Chip Kelly do at the NFL level. He's a gifted football mind who has seen NE copy a lot of his principles.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#79 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Wisenhunt to OC in SD
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users