3 out of 167...1.8%

roomtemp

3 out of 167...1.8%

I like those odds

What I like about them is that, if you move the decimal point over one spot, our odds jump up to 18%.

And if you tack another zero on the end and move the decimal point over another spot, our odds of winning jump up to a whopping 180%.

Dude...we have a 180% chance of winning this series now!

What I like about them is that, if you move the decimal point over one spot, our odds jump up to 18%.

And if you tack another zero on the end and move the decimal point over another spot, our odds of winning jump up to a whopping 180%.

Dude...we have a 180% chance of winning this series now!

Holy sh!t, the math checks out!

As fans...I think we need to think like the players. Forget trying to think about being down 3-0 and winning 4 straight, or the history of it all. Just forget the Devils are down 3-0 and be concerned with the Devils trying to win tonight. That's it.

I mean, what else are you gonna do? Not watch, I guess. But that's not an option. The people on this board are watching the game ... and the post-game funeral on MSG 2, if that happens to be tonight.

As fans...I think we need to think like the players. Forget trying to think about being down 3-0 and winning 4 straight, or the history of it all. Just forget the Devils are down 3-0 and be concerned with the Devils trying to win tonight. That's it.

Exactly. 4 best out of 1's. It's like NCAA single elimination. Let's go get this one and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

We've been upgraded to 8.6% now. But teams down 3-1 have had a rough patch, they're 1 out of their last 16 finishing the job. (Tampa 2011 first round against Pittsburgh) Actually, more teams have tied up 3-0 series than have won from 3-1. During that time period, obviously.

Edited by maxpower

We've been upgraded to 8.6% now. But teams down 3-1 have had a rough patch, they're 1 out of their last 16 finishing the job. (Tampa 2011 first round against Pittsburgh) Actually, more teams have tied up 3-0 series than have won from 3-1. During that time period, obviously.

So basically what you're saying is we are overdue for a team trailing 3-1 to come back and win!

• Like 1

Does anyone know how many teams have been down 3-0 in the Finals?

26 total. 20 of those have won game 4. Only one has ever come back from 3-0 to win.

With this in mind, history was on our side in game 4, but its VERY against us overall. But the tide has changed a bit recently, the Blackhawks and Red Wings both forced game 7s after being down 3-0 in a series last year + the Flyers coming back to make the Conference Finals the year before, the Flyers were also down 3-0 in game 7!

Edited by ghdi