WWE/TNA/ROH - Wrestling Thread

Satans Hockey

Couldn't agree more about the heel boss / heel gms. It hasn't been good since vince ended it with Austin. It's this crutch that they can't seem to not lean on and I'm beyond sick of it. It's so unoriginal and so damn boring.

Does anyone really want to see sting vs hhh? Is this really what we are going to waste stings first Mania event on? Bray wyatt should be going against sting if taker isn't gonna wrestle anymore. So many missed chances.

I have a feeling someone is going to cost Bryan the rumble match, maybe Rollins? That will only help whoever eliminates him to get over more as a heel.

Rollins is possible, but it really depends on where they're going with Lesnar. If we assume Cena loses and is not champ going into Mania, who do they want facing Brock at Mania? I get they're high on Reigns but I cannot believe they'd consider giving him the Mania main already when he has so much trouble cutting a promo with any real conviction. I think it's Rollins or Rusev for Bryan unless he wins the Rumble, but Bryan winning the Rumble is so predictable after last night. I could see either of the two I mentioned eliminating Bryan after a long stay in the Rumble, b/c you just know the Authority is going to make Bryan go in at #1 or #2. I think Ziggler may be the dark horse to win. Its getting harder and harder for them to deny the reactions he gets. If Bryan wins the Rumble, I think they go Ziggler/Rollins in some sort of a gimmick match and Cena will get Rusev and obviously Bryan gets Brock. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see there be some sort of controversial finish at the Rumble and we get two winners and the match at Mania ends up a triple threat i.e. Reigns vs Bryan vs Lesnar, plus even if someone won the Rumble clean, there's always the February PPV to muck it up even more.

I can't say I want to see HHH/Sting, but I also don't hate it. Regardless of your opinion of HHH, hes one of the best heels of all time and can get up for matches of this magnitude very easily. Heck, his match vs Bryan at Mania 30 was one of the best of the night. Sting needs his first match against one of the bigger stars the WWE has produced. I also don't see how they turn the corner after Survivor Series and get Bray/Sting into any sort of feud when he's clearly got an issue with HHH. HHH is a safe pick for an opponent both in terms of what we'll see in ring and in terms of magnitude.Taker/Lesnar was a terrible match and Sting is no spring chicken himself. I'd rather see him in there with a guy proven on the big stage than with a newer guy who hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire. I could see Sting in there with a Bray next year or at another PPV later this year. I dont think Mania will be Sting's only match. Also worth pointing out is if you went with Bray, him losing to Sting would be a huge blow to his credibility. A 56 year old beating Bray Wyatt just doesn't sit well IMO. HHH can take the loss and it doesnt matter. Sting won't be losing his first Mania match.

Edited by ghdi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HHH and Sting does intrigue me too....both guys are VERY capable of pulling out extra stops in the big moment (go see Sting's last match with Bully Ray...the Street Fight)....them taking it to an extra gear in the big spot, I have faith they'll pull something awesome out...I'd rather see Sting and Wyatt too, but Bray has been so damned damaged in the last year, I don't know if they can bring him up in time

Rollins/Sting could be fascinating too....but Rollins seems destined for Orton (bad pun in there somewhere), as much as Rollins and D-Bry would be amazing.....you need a dance partner for Orton then.....

I'd almost rather see Orton and Lesnar, but that ship sailed during Lesnar's stay-cation *sigh* (a Lesnar/Ambrose one-off of Dean getting the piss beat out of himself and getting up time after time would have made him such a damned star too....better than losing to a fraking hologram did :P )

Part of me wants to see Reigns be the one who tosses out Bryan....just because I'm an evil man, and i love me an angry Phily sports crowd B )

• 3 weeks later...

....not to buck the trend here (I've gone to a few PWS shows, and once they stopped working with the local rappers, I've had no complaints about the shows, I do need to go more!)

but man how great was it to see Phily crap all over that hot garbage the WWE tried to shove down our throats last night?? They wanted NO PART of "oh just throw the Rock out there and the sheep will be happy" .... um.....NO!!

It was a spectacular sh!t show. I love how they casually tossed out Ziggler, Bryan, etc. as quickly as they could so they could try and force the crowd to root for Reigns over Show and Kane. Sigh.

At least Rollins' Phoenix Splash was cool.

I went last night. The wwe title match was amazing but boy WWE just can't seem to figure out what the crowd wants. They learned nothing from last year. They should have just made reigns the next big heel because everyone is going to be cheering for lesnar at Mania anyway. The rumble should have came down to reigns and Bryan with reigns tossing Bryan out to win. The rock comes down to celebrate with his cousin and gets a spear. Boom. There is your next big heel. After Mania have Bryan chase the title again against reigns. They screwed up something so simple.

Edited by Satans Hockey

i think people are overreacting with all of the cancellations of the wwe network. i have both wwe network and njpw world. both worth the monthly price

i am not sure how the wwe is going to dig out of this hole. apparently hhh wants the wwe go to a more pg while vince wants to stay rated g

i think people are overreacting with all of the cancellations of the wwe network. i have both wwe network and njpw world. both worth the monthly price

i am not sure how the wwe is going to dig out of this hole. apparently hhh wants the wwe go to a more pg while vince wants to stay rated g

I don't think people are overreacting at all. I'm not personally canceling, but the only way you're going to truly get WWE's attention is with your wallet. They're like the Leafs, as long as they have a full house and a fat TV contract, they don't have as much incentive to put out the product the fans want to see. At this point, I'm just going to watch the main roster with a grain of salt and an eye towards certain guys (Rollins, Bryan, etc.) and invest my time more in NXT and Lucha Underground

Edited by RSC

Has WWE Network been canceled?  Then it was because Vince was just greedy didn't realize that by eliminating WCW as a stand alone product and eliminating ECW he kind of diminished the demand for Wrestling. 

What he SHOULD do is start a regional based wrestling group, sort of like the NWA and grow some talent there and then start and ECW division for late night, while keeping WWE as the main focus.   There are so many cable company's looking for content this would be an easy sell for coverage.   While providing WWE with a Wrestling News opportunity to promote and report on all of them.

:lol:

WWE Network just broke the one million subscriber mark, it's not going anywhere and it's a fantastic resource for the archive and nXt when I actually sit and watch it....and the PPVs are pretty much a nice bonus!

Vince will NEVER use other people's ideas to that level....having nXt is about as much of it as you'll get....and the nostalgia specials and so on

I'd love to see the Network give ROH a time slot but that's pure fantasy.....

• 4 weeks later...

I know the weather is gonna be sh!t tonight and the Devils are playing but come out if you can

Man, I really need to get out to one of their shows one of these days, especially since one of my friends wrestles there. Their schedule just never seems to line up with mine.

Edited by PWW

• 4 weeks later...

So what's everyones thoughts on Mania? This might sound petty but I hate how they aren't calling it WrestleMania 31 this year and that it's not in the logo. It's like having the superbowl with no number. Makes 0 sense.

I'll be attending this Mania as well. It will be my 9th Mania in person. I'm also going to the NXT show, the hall of fame ceremony and the raw the night after Mania. I'm looking forward to it cause I'm staying in San Francisco the whole time and just driving down to San Jose for each event since it's a close drive.

Damn, I'm jealous- that sounds like a great weekend. My hope is to go to Mania next year in Dallas on one of the VIP packages WWE sells, but realistically, my first Mania will probably be 33 if rumors are true and it winds up being in Philly.

As far as the actual card goes, I'm tentatively looking forward to it. This year just doesn't have the feeling of Wrestlemania season. The fact that the Dust feud has abruptly ended, with Stardust in the IC ladder match and Goldust apparently in the battle royal is disappointing. Ditto for Miz/Mizdow being relegated to the battle royal. Both feuds deserve blow offs at Wrestlemania, even if they just get 10-12 minutes, especially after Cody's spectacular mic work leading up to/ following the Fast Lane match. The feud just doesn't feel finished, and it annoys be that they just pigeonholed him into a match he likely won't win and that would be a ****+ quality match without him.

That being said, I am looking forward to the IC title match and Rollins/Orton; I think it's pretty clear one of those two will be the match of the night, with Rusev/Cena probably being third (and actually having decent buildup!). Sting/HHH and Taker/Wyatt are just sorta...there for me. Bray has done an awesome job creating a feud singlehandedly, but I honestly don't want to see Taker wrestle if he's going to be as beat up as he was last year. 

As far as the main event goes, it's going to be a spectacular train wreck one way or another. I'm just going to hope that either Reigns wins the title via Paul turning on Brock or Rollins cashes in on Reigns after he beats Brock (ugh). But I don't see that happening at Mania or Raw the next night because Rollins is going to get the same babyface pop for cashing in that Ziggler got a couple of years ago. Can't have that against Roman!

Its amazing, a few tweaks to this card and we'd all be fired up for it....

the IC Title-in-the-Bank match will be amazing if it gets a half hour and does NOT go first

I'd start the show with Orton and Rollins....get the crowd going and leave the Rollins cash-in later a possibilty

Cena-Rusev is intriguing too

hell even the Divas tag match might be ok...Nikki Bella is actually improving enough to be servicable

I hope Bray-Undertaker is some kinda non-match, putting Bray in the ring with Taker is the ultimate no-win for a guy who needs a big moment at Mania (honestly they should have never split the damn Wyatts)

HHH-Sting SHOULD end the show....but that doesn't make Roman look strong :eyeroll:

the problem and it's why no one seems into this show is the massive force feed of Roman Reigns AT ALL COSTS DAMMIT....and how they totally screwed it up doing so....I've said ad nauseum elsewhere but this is a perfect example how they screwed this up....go back to the Heyman promo two Raws ago....when he was talking about the Samon family of DOOM beating up all the jocks and meatheads....all you had to do was have Roman be at the top of the stage with a mic at the end.... "Hey Paul....two things.....I NEVER missed a meal as a chils (with a smirk).....and there's one more meathead on the beach....he goes down at Wrestlemania" .....INSTANT BADASS.....you don't need a I THINK I CAN shirt....its not THAT hard to make Roman look like a badass.....well unless you're Vince.....

R.I.P. Perro

http://411mania.com/wrestling/perro-aguayo-jr-passes-away-after-in-ring-accident/

Highly disturbing video...

Https://m.facebook.com/aztecabc?_rdr

Absoultey terrible news coming out of Mexico last night. The second link is the video. So many things done wrong and the paramedics look clueless. Konan shaking his neck was the dumbest thing he could have possibly done.

Edited by Satans Hockey

The scariest thing abouit it is how "harmless" we've considered the 619 for about 15 years now.....that was Konan??!?!!? I always knew he was a moron....but Jesus.......

The scariest thing abouit it is how "harmless" we've considered the 619 for about 15 years now.....that was Konan??!?!!? I always knew he was a moron....but Jesus.......

I've watched a few different videos. I believe he broke his neck before the 619, before that set up you see him fall to the outside and it looks like he hit the back of his neck on the edge of the apron. After that he got into the ring very slowly to then setup the 619.

And yeah that was konan shaking him. The amount of neglect by the people in charge of this show and the paramedics is appalling.

This was in Mexico, right?? That explains some of the sloppy medical procedures....but still

Feel bad for Mysterio too.....just trying to start a comeback and this happens.....