PoniKoravski traded back to Devils. Zubrus to miss 2-8 Weeks

thelastonealive

Holy sh!t im happy ! My buddy texted me to tell me about it and i almost jumped.

Poni was huge for us in the playoffs he was pretty much on the ice for all of our big goals.

Also i cannot...not bring this up... But yeah... Once again... If Lou would not always wait fvcking minute for his signings wed still have poni and our 4th and 7th.. No big deal tho

If you have to bring it up, I'll say once again that Zach wasn't signing anything until he fielded his free agency offers. His agents knew what they were doing. Lou and Parise both played it the right way, business wise.

Holy sh!t im happy ! My buddy texted me to tell me about it and i almost jumped.

Poni was huge for us in the playoffs he was pretty much on the ice for all of our big goals.

Also i cannot...not bring this up... But yeah... Once again... If Lou would not always wait fvcking minute for his signings wed still have poni and our 4th and 7th.. No big deal tho

Lou was trying to re-sign, oh about twenty million dollars worth of payroll last offseason.  I can hardly blame him for having Poni fifth on the priority list behind Parise/Brodeur/Salvador/Moose.  I said you can get players like Poni every trade deadline, I just wasn't sure we'd be able to get Poni himself back before this trade deadline lol.

Happy as I am to have Poni back, it definitely is strange timing. I hope they don't send Matteau down now, as that would be a huge waste of his first year in his ELC. I didn't mind it so much that they decided to keep him up to play limited minutes for his first year, but if they send him down then we'll be paying him a full year for 4 extra games, which is idiotic.

Who else would go down though? Josefson? Does he have to go through waivers? Butler? Loktionov after he just got called up? I'm really confused here.

A full year for 4 extra games is nothing.  Matteau might not even be a restricted free agent when his contract ends if he doesn't play in the NHL next year.  Honestly, what do you think Matteau gets in his next contract?  

I don't think they will send him down as a reaction to this move but I do hope that Lou is aware that the Accrued Season clock is ticking and that there's only a few weeks before he has to go back in that regard.

Poni-Zajac-Kovy. This line was fantastic the times it was together during the playoffs last year

Elias-Henrique-Clarkson. Don't change this line until it slumps. Arguably our best all around line

Matteau/Lokitonov-JJ/Lokitonov-Butler/Lokitonov. Definitely the biggest question mark. Why bring up Loki if he isn't going to play? Lou had to have had an idea of the Poni trade when he made the move, so what gives?

CBGB

This is definitely a confusing situation. Is Barch a lock for healthy scratch now? Do we stunt development of two good young forwards who just started showing their game? Do we break up CBGB? And what the hell is up with Darche? Let the poor guy off the hook, it's like he's in the friendzone of roster spots.

Poni-Zajac-Kovy. This line was fantastic the times it was together during the playoffs last yearElias-Henrique-Clarkson. Don't change this line until it slumps. Arguably our best all around lineMatteau/Lokitonov-JJ/Lokitonov-Butler/Lokitonov. Definitely the biggest question mark. Why bring up Loki if he isn't going to play? Lou had to have had an idea of the Poni trade when he made the move, so what gives?CBGBThis is definitely a confusing situation. Is Barch a lock for healthy scratch now? Do we stunt development of two good young forwards who just started showing their game? Do we break up CBGB? And what the hell is up with Darche? Let the poor guy off the hook, it's like he's in the friendzone of roster spots.

Yeah i mean at this point theres no way darche is signing with us unless theres a bunch of injuries or if lou is working on something big... Who knows?

Yeah i mean at this point theres no way darche is signing with us unless theres a bunch of injuries or if lou is working on something big... Who knows?

I don't think Darche is that far away from the roster.  Matteau goes back to junior, Loktionov to the minors, suddenly there's a roster spot open for him. 

A full year for 4 extra games is nothing.  Matteau might not even be a restricted free agent when his contract ends if he doesn't play in the NHL next year.  Honestly, what do you think Matteau gets in his next contract?  

I don't think they will send him down as a reaction to this move but I do hope that Lou is aware that the Accrued Season clock is ticking and that there's only a few weeks before he has to go back in that regard.

Sorry if it's a dumb question but can you explain what you mean by accrued season clock?

Triumph, on 13 Feb 2013 - 22:31, said:

I don't think Darche is that far away from the roster. Matteau goes back to junior, Loktionov to the minors, suddenly there's a roster spot open for him.

I think Matteau stays over Darche looking at the investment the team has to them respectively. It's not like Darche's stock is that high and Lou is probably obligated to give Matteau at least 15 games

Poni's back and you're gonna be in trouble

(Hey la, hey la, Poni's back)

When you see him comin' better cut out on the double

You been spreadin' lies that the Devil's were untrue

So look out now 'cause he's comin' after you

He's been gone for such a long time

But now he's back and things will be fine

You're gonna be sorry you were ever born

'Cause he's kinda big and he's awful strong

Poni's back, he's gonna save the Devils' reputation

If I were the Rangers I'd take a permanent vacation

Lou made a mistake not to sign him... I think it had something to do with his behavior in La during the finals...but at least he's big enough to admit the mistake and bring him back.

Butler sucks... he's the odd man out

What behavior in LA? At the club after gm 6?

How does Butler suck? He looks like Sykora with that set play on the PP. His assist he got vs PIT went of the crossbar, and oh yeah, he scored a goal that game too. His shot is superb, and why send him down after having some pretty strong games, and evident chemistry?

Who knows who gets sent down, but I doubt it's Matteau. He's looking like he belongs. I think they want to get him off the first line, which makes sense, and this move gives DeBo a lot of flexibility with all his forwards. Also, Poni's the man. If Zubs is back come the playoffs, we have a deep, talented team. If Henrique keeps playing well, who needs Zach?

Lou made a mistake not to sign him... I think it had something to do with his behavior in La during the finals...but at least he's big enough to admit the mistake and bring him back.

Butler sucks... he's the odd man out

I don't think it had anything to do with that, as Poni's agent says Lou expressed interest in bringing him back, and now Lou says he had interest. Clearly if Parise came back, Ponikarovsky doesn't have a spot on the team.