2014-2015 Lineup Thread

devilsrule33

No just the ones where the 4th line left wings become a folk hero in a long playoff run and score timely goals against your big rival.

the main reason the team was so successful in that playoff run was because everyone was stepping up and contributing (aside from the star players) so far this season we are season production from our D which is great but we are going to need goals rolling from every line regularly.

its not about finding the fourth line left winger "a big deal" .. its a matter of the order in which they were signed... how do you know how much money he was offered from NJ? i dont recall that coming out anywhere?

TG reported that he was seeking a deal for double what he ultimately got.  The Devils cannot give him more than one year because Stefan Matteau needs his roster spot next year (but remember DeBoer buries youth so that spot will probably be taken by Dave Lowry who makes the team on tryout).  

TG reported that he was seeking a deal for double what he ultimately got.  The Devils cannot give him more than one year because Stefan Matteau needs his roster spot next year (but remember DeBoer buries youth so that spot will probably be taken by Dave Lowry who makes the team on tryout).

oh ok, well at that rate i certainly would not have wanted to give him double that salary that he got from the wild but i wouldve been fine with him at a 2 year deal.. how many years did gio get? i know i could look it up on cap geek but too lazy.

I didn't think he was very good. He made some nice plays but also made some turnovers. It's not there yet, but I think he deserves at least another game.

I think he deserved more credit. I made sure to watch him every single shift. Idk how it looked on tv but from my seats he was one of our better D in his limited icetime.

With Tootoo out for the weekend and Havlat most likely not playing, looks like Ruutu's back in and the season debut of Jacob Josefson

According to TG, there was some rotating of the defensive pairings for a bit.

PP looked good with Brunner at the point and I suspect PDB will use Larsson on the PK against a potent Dallas power play unit. I don't think Gelinas is needed yet

PP looked good with Brunner at the point and I suspect PDB will use Larsson on the PK against a potent Dallas power play unit. I don't think Gelinas is needed yet

I agree with this.  I think one problem with the pk is that we're not getting our sticks on pucks.  Opposing power plays seem to know how to miss our sticks with their passes.  Too many cross seam passes are finding their way to guys right in the slot.

Would like to Gelinas moved to forward and Larsson put in his place at D. I would also like to see Boucher and Matteau sometime this early season. PDB has to throw every idea out there instead of going out there with the same stale ideas every game.

we are not going to see gelinas moved to forward. if they were going to do this they wouldve done it last year..he will clean up better in his own end as time goes on i have no doubts on him

Edit: Cammy to have x-rays on jaw and Havlat to IR

So a couple of guys who have a history of getting hurt/missing games actually continue to get hurt and miss games.  Can't say it comes as any great shock.  In Cammy's case, he at least gets in about 75-80% of his team's games, so hopefully this is something short-term.  Anyway, there's definitely worse things than Boucher getting another chance to play in the NHL.