Official 2010-11 New York Football Giants Thread

jagknife

Doing well so far tonight.

Eli took a nasty gash after a botched play fake.

Jacobs is still a shell of himself from 2 seasons ago. I know its only one game but seeing him not truck anyone is becoming a disheartening sight

LOVE the effort being put out by rookie WR Victor Cruz. 2 TDs, great on field awareness in reacting to passes. Hope he keeps it up and makes the team out of camp.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how about that new GIANTS stadium :giggle: (Not a Giants fan, but god do I hate the Jets)

What a way to open the new stadium, Giants stadium. First interception thrown, goes to Jets. First offensive TD goes to Giants. First win goes to Giants.

Loved how that Giants fan got in fireman Ed's face after the jets first TD. that was hilarious. LOL

What a way to open the new stadium, Giants stadium. First interception thrown, goes to Jets. First offensive TD goes to Giants. First win goes to Giants.

Loved how that Giants fan got in fireman Ed's face after the jets first TD. that was hilarious. LOL

haha yea that was funny

i was wondering if the jets give fireman ed discounts on tickets since he is a staple of the jets fan base

I got a good feeling about the G-men this year... (which is probably actually not a good thing considering how they always do the opposite of what is expected.)

their defense wasnt too great even though it was preseason. i am very worried about their linebackers this year and the production of their interior defensive line. the antrel rolle addition and a healthy kenny phillips will be key this year

their defense wasnt too great even though it was preseason. i am very worried about their linebackers this year and the production of their interior defensive line. the antrel rolle addition and a healthy kenny phillips will be key this year

too bad the Raiders actually made a smart pick and took McClain or the Giants would've snatched him right up instead of DE #607006

I got a good feeling about the G-men this year...

I Dont..... well I expect a 10-6 season. If we do better than great... I think our defense will be better but not convinced about the offense. Giants have the personnel on offense, IMO, but not sure they have the correct game plan for the players we have....... will be interesting to see.

Cowboys are definitley the favorite in the NFC east this year.

The reason I have a good feeling this year: Safety tandem of Rolle-Phillips, which could easily be the best in the NFL.

i also miss jeff feagles. that rookie punter they have now Matt Dodge didnt impress me at all last night

Feagles was definitely the Giants biggest loss this offseason. You can't replace someone who can punt inside the 20, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

The reason I have a good feeling this year: Safety tandem of Rolle-Phillips, which could easily be the best in the NFL.

Feagles was definitely the Giants biggest loss this offseason. You can't replace someone who can punt inside the 20, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I hope they correct this because I can't stand Dodge's line drive punts

Am i the only one worried about Eli getting stitches especially on his head? I am curious how he is going to play or practice with a helment on especially when the stitches have to heal. i think all the hits he takes with the helment moving around may prevent a quick healing recovery

I Dont..... well I expect a 10-6 season. If we do better than great... I think our defense will be better but not convinced about the offense. Giants have the personnel on offense, IMO, but not sure they have the correct game plan for the players we have....... will be interesting to see.

Cowboys are definitely the favorite in the NFC east this year.

Hold on a minute, don't jinx us.

I reckon the Redskins will make some noise this year and the Eagles are always a tough team to beat.

I think the Giants have just as good a shot at winning the division as anyone else. It could be said that the NFC East is wide open, yet it is probably the most competitive division in football.

Am i the only one worried about Eli getting stitches especially on his head? I am curious how he is going to play or practice with a helment on especially when the stitches have to heal. i think all the hits he takes with the helment moving around may prevent a quick healing recovery

he can still do most things, just without a helmet. then he can always wear the helmet when they come out and not take hits for a day or two

got stitches 3 summers ago, 60 in total, [15 internal, 45 external] and was able to practice hockey just couldnt put on the helmet until at least the day after they came out which was barely a week after i got them.

you got that right, i'm sick of injuries in pointless games, give me an 18 game reg season!

Not me. I actually like Pre-Season, its always good to see what you have and develop players for when you need it.

I like playing GM and evaluating our draft.

Playing 18 games only benefits the owners, players careers will be a lot shorter with a greater physical toll on their bodies.

Not me. I actually like Pre-Season, its always good to see what you have and develop players for when you need it.

I like playing GM and evaluating our draft.

Playing 18 games only benefits the owners, players careers will be a lot shorter with a greater physical toll on their bodies.

you're right it benefits a manager, but it also in theory would help the fans as season ticket holders wouldnt be forced to pay out reg. season prices for meaningless games [you being a member of the exception since you enjoy the preseason].

when i was in buffalo and had seasons for the bills, it killed me to have to shell out my money for their home preseason games.

I personally think that Jacobs is on his last legs, big backs have an extremely short shelf life. The O-line and linebacking core worry me at this point. Wr's are total question marks

WR is the one position i have the least concern about.

RB is a major question mark with, as you said, Jacobs is not himself and quite possibly be on the downswing. He's not trucking like he used to and its hurting us.

The o-line will be alright, but the LBs will need to come into their own with baptism by fire.

Luckily, the secondary should be a strong point this season with the return of phillips and addition of rolle

WR is the one position i have the least concern about.

RB is a major question mark with, as you said, Jacobs is not himself and quite possibly be on the downswing. He's not trucking like he used to and its hurting us.

The o-line will be alright, but the LBs will need to come into their own with baptism by fire.

Luckily, the secondary should be a strong point this season with the return of phillips and addition of rolle

I am not really worried about WR. I think that is probably their strength. I would hope Barden can develop into a Burress-like receiver

I think it is safe to say that Bradshaw will be the premier back. Hopefully Ware and Jacobs can stay healthy

The O-Line worries me because they seemed to go from the best to average at best.

Defensively, they need a leader and i am hoping Tuck will step up this year and be a captain. I think the Giants will miss leaders like Strahan and Pierce in the lockeroom

Their defensive backs should be good and their linebackers are a huge question mark. I hope this new defensive coordinator can turn Sheridan's bland defense into something more exciting and effective