GDT: Rags @ Devils Part 5: Revenge of the Indoor Cats - 7 pm

Neb00rs

What a fvcking ridiculous penalty. Forget about the fact that it probably was a dive, he just walked over Greene's stick and fell! Greene literally did nothing to cause that.

you are a homer. Dont worry though you're not alone- somehow there's a ton of ppl here that will complain about that call

I actually came into this thread to see who would complain about that call. It was a good call. If we were in the other side you wouldn't doubt that call for a sec.

It sucks we lost but hold ourselves to higher standards. Dont make excuses. It's not the refs. We don't have anybody that can finish and we need to hold our team responsible- expect better dont make excuses

Tough loss. Pretty good D tonight but our lack of offense killed us again. No time to think about this one. Another big game tomorrow and if we don't come through then our season is almost certainly over

Edited by Onddeck

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only an idiot thought this game was winnable. Just look at the karma of the season. This game was written in the stars as a loss. I think we do have a chance against scrambly Toronto though

Is it really necessary to use the word "idiot" in this case?  

The Leafs are definitely having problems right now.  They're on the verge of 4 straight losses if Montreal hangs on.

you are a homer. Dont worry though you're not alone- somehow there's a ton of ppl here that will complain about that call

I actually came into this thread to see who would complain about that call. It was a good call. If we were in the other side you wouldn't doubt that call for a sec.

It sucks we lost but hold ourselves to higher standards. Dont make excuses. It's not the refs. We don't have anybody that can finish and we need to hold our team responsible- expect better dont make excuses

Tough loss. Pretty good D tonight but our lack of offense killed us again. No time to think about this one. Another big game tomorrow and if we don't come through then or season is almost certainly over

The Jagr crosscheck call was worse.  That was a legit trip by Greene.  Nash did sell it though.  

Bottom line is, the Devils need to hit the net.  They missed the net far too many times, and shot into skates and sticks too many times.  Rangers are good at blocking shots, and that played a part, but when you have an open lane to the net, you have to fire it on net.  The Rags are a perfect team for Lundqvist because they do a great job at keeping the puck to the outside.  Lundqvist plays so deep in the net that under normal circumstances you can try and pick a corner on him.  But since the Rags force everything to the outside, it's much harder to do that.

I know its too early to talk about this but I really hope Lou does something during the off season cause I dont see this ream making the playoffs next season with the players we currently have

LOL, His "special sauce" has expired. I'm sure he'll bring back Brian Gionta, though.

Edited by TheRedStorm

news flash. the 2012 collapse will repeat and we will sh!t the bed vs Toronto much like tonight. The leafs need to get better? The Devils are the remedy

I've reached the acceptance stage at this point.  Especially if this team isn't going to give effort in must-win games (like in Detroit, the first period of the Florida game, in Tampa, against Boston and the first two periods tonight), what's the sense of stressing about it anymore?  Last year's piece of **** team had more mental toughness than this year's team.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I've reached the acceptance stage at this point.  Especially if this team isn't going to give effort in must-win games (like in Detroit, the first period of the Florida game, in Tampa, against Boston and the first two periods tonight), what's the sense of stressing about it anymore?  Last year's piece of **** team had more mental toughness than this year's team.

This team played fine. There was urgency. It just isn't very talented. This isn't an underachieving team or a poorly coached team. This is a team lacking elite talent. It's a team that misses Kovalchuk and Parise, and even Clarkson some nights.

You should have reached acceptance a long time ago with this team. I feel bad for anyone who hasn't. This isn't the 11-12 Devils disappointing night after night.

Edited by devilsrule33

This team played fine. There was urgency. It just isn't very talented. This isn't an underachieving team or a poorly coached team. This is a team lacking elite talent. It's a team that misses Kovalchuk and Parise, and even Clarkson some nights.

You should have reached acceptance a long time ago with this team. I feel bad for anyone has. This isn't the 11-12 Devils disappointing night after night.

Absolutely. Tonight I thought they played their asses off. They forechecked like demons to no avail time after time. What do you want them to do? Skate faster than they can? Shoot better? That's talent, not effort.

I think for a team like this year EVERYTHINNG would have had to go right for them to have a chance. Nothing ever clicked at once. When the vet defensemen played strong in the corners, there was a rookie caught in a pinch. When we had a young D make a great play, a veteran would get blown by next time down. When we got goaltending, we couldn't score. When we didn't get goaltending, we found ways to come up just short.

I'm starting to come around on this team, to be honest. This is a rag tag group of mostly no names and aging veterans who lost two cornerstone players in two years, and haven't added a player of either magnitude to replace them - and still managed to give us hope for this long.

We just need to be patient. We are two thirds of the way to being a contender again. Goaltending is there with Schneider, D corps is as stocked as ever. We need a big forward talent or two and that's something that takes time to develop or acquire. Still, I think our situation is a lot ore positive then we are giving ourselves credit for. The rangers, at full strength, the best they've been in years - sacrificing part of their future to get there- beat us by one damn goal. Not to mention we won the season series.

Keep on keeping on. I wholeheartedly believe well be a contender next year

Edited by Devils Pride 26

I know its too early to talk about this but I really hope Lou does something during the off season cause I dont see this ream making the playoffs next season with the players we currently have

What Lou needs to do in the off season is retire.

Don't worry, Lou Lamoriello believes in this team.

+ 1000

You should have reached acceptance a long time ago with this team. I feel bad for anyone who hasn't. This isn't the 11-12 Devils disappointing night after night.

Yea, this. I don't buy the "lacking heart" argument. They just can't do it; too old, too slow, not skilled enough.

Not much to say.  Low point of this season.  Knew making the playoffs was a long shot, but there was a part of me that was hanging on to some level of optimism (however small it was becoming).  Not anymore.     

Not much to say.  Low point of this season.  Knew making the playoffs was a long shot, but there was a part of me that was hanging on to some level of optimism (however small it was becoming).  Not anymore.     

I was basically where CR is, although to be honest I knew it was over after the Florida game they at least still had a realistic chance until last night.  Just too few games left for them to go on a winning streak they're not capable of and know they can't achieve.

Curious to see what the approach will be if the Devils lose tonight (which definitely kills them completely).  Do guys like Larsson and Boucher get call-ups?  Does Marty start more games? 

i don't see the Devils calling anyone up really, especially for weekend games. Albany is in the thick of a playoff race.  I don't thnk Lou wants to disrupt that. With that said, they have some games on Mondays/Tuesdays when Albany doesn't typically play, then I'd imagine they might call someone up or two.

You have to assume if Albany gets in, and they probably will, Merrill and Gelinas will play for them. I'd wonder given the Devils fallout of contention if not this week, but perhaps next, if they get sent down early....

I agree with Albany is in the hunt I expect them to remain the same and maybe as suggest Gelinas and Merrill might return, I think they should, if Devils lose tonight.

With a Devils loss tonight, what message is sent to Marty and Cory regarding playing the remaining 10 games? Personally I don't want to see Marty resigned for next season or beyond.

I could actually see us losing both Marty (next season) and Cory (season after).