NFL 2011 Offseason Thead

Hi, I'm VALUE!

I agree. Not only did Atlanta overpay in terms of picks, but they now have the 6th overall pick which means they have to give him big money.

From what I hear both the union and the owners are actually in agreement on a rookie wage scale, when and if they ever get back to negotiating the CBA.

But even if that were the case, Atlanta still gave up a ****load of assets for a non-sure thing. If they were giving up all that for, say Andre Johnson or even Miles Austin, okay but geez. You only make these kinds of trades on draft day for QB's and pass rushers, not ? WR's.

no flash from Jerry...an actual solid pick? woohoo! here's hoping for a quality secondary guy tonight and some good OLB picks tomorrow!

From CBS SPORTS:

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys: Grade C

The Cowboys answered one of their primary concerns with the No. 9 overall in USC offensive tackle Tyron Smith. While Smith's athletic upside is limitless, I have reservations about his ability to provide the physicality needed to play at right tackle immediately or transition quickly to the left side -- a position he never started at while at USC. The Cowboys took a similar gamble on pure athleticism in the second round with workout wonder Bruce Carter (who is coming off a torn ACL). When healthy, Carter has shown the speed and explosiveness to be a playmaker in every phase of the game, but his lack of instincts is a concern. One Day Three prospect who could surprise is East Carolina wideout Dwayne Harris. Unlike the Cowboys' first two selections, Harris isn't a phenomenal athlete. He was very productive, however, and is a tough, versatile player who could surprise as a target in the slot. This was a typical Jerry Jones draft -- heavy on flashy athletes, but lacking the game-to-game consistency that translates into NFL victories.

Thoughts?

From CBS SPORTS:

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys: Grade C

The Cowboys answered one of their primary concerns with the No. 9 overall in USC offensive tackle Tyron Smith. While Smith's athletic upside is limitless, I have reservations about his ability to provide the physicality needed to play at right tackle immediately or transition quickly to the left side -- a position he never started at while at USC. The Cowboys took a similar gamble on pure athleticism in the second round with workout wonder Bruce Carter (who is coming off a torn ACL). When healthy, Carter has shown the speed and explosiveness to be a playmaker in every phase of the game, but his lack of instincts is a concern. One Day Three prospect who could surprise is East Carolina wideout Dwayne Harris. Unlike the Cowboys' first two selections, Harris isn't a phenomenal athlete. He was very productive, however, and is a tough, versatile player who could surprise as a target in the slot. This was a typical Jerry Jones draft -- heavy on flashy athletes, but lacking the game-to-game consistency that translates into NFL victories.

Thoughts?

yeah, the original post was after the first round...

• 5 weeks later...

June 25th at midnight is my deadline for the NFL owners to end this silly strike.

If nothing happens, there is no reason for me to pay for my Sports Package on Cablevision- as there is nothing more barren than the Sports page in July. There is NOTHING to follow.

• 1 month later...

I LOVE JAMES HARRISON:

On quarterback Ben Roethlisberger: “Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain’t that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does.”

I LOVE JAMES HARRISON:

On quarterback Ben Roethlisberger: “Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain’t that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does.”

No Ben has two rings and didn't hand the Super Bowl on a Silver Plate to a Saint Nickel Back......

Maybe Harrison and his tin foil curtain should have found a way to stop A-Rod when it counted......

No Ben has two rings and didn't hand the Super Bowl on a Silver Plate to a Saint Nickel Back......

Maybe Harrison and his tin foil curtain should have found a way to stop A-Rod when it counted......

I loved his comments toward Mendenhall as well!!!!

The only team with the ability to stop the real A-Rod, is the Packers offensive line. They are terrible, yet Rodgers still finds a way. I love Aaron Rodgers.