Observations from tonites game

Gomer23

1. If Parise plays with Gomer & Gio on the 1st line the whole year, 20+G, and 60+Pts., Book it. He was all over the place, his speed/puckhandling looks much more fluid and comfortable, almost on par with GIO's now.

2. Greene looked good, moved the puck well, and skated very well, IMO, which is all Lou really cares about, he is smallish, but, hey, who on the team isn't?

3. Zajac has a VERY good shot to make this team, and play 2nd line time, too. He looks better defensively than Zach did last year, and is bigger & faster, too. If put on a line with offense (Patrik&Jamie), I can reasonably see 13-17G, and 30-45A from him as a ROOK. Or, he could play 4th line time & struggle with offensively inept players like Larry did to Parise last year.

4. Wish I woulda seen Corrente tonite, but here's hoping they'll be there with Elias on Sunday, I'm in the third row Beeyotches!

Get it right.....Elias is the first line and the Gomer Gio line is second :D kidding...but not really....

seriously though, I've yet to see any of these games but from what I gather it's going to be a pretty good defensive battle between some players to make a spot on the team....and I'm really glad to hear Zajac could already make it, that would be great...we really need to infuse this team with some young talent....I've also heard people say Zajac could start on the third line with Madden out but that'd be a mistake too...we always have Dowd (now) to fill that spot...then Rupp centering the fourth....anywho, I hope some young guys make the roster this year....get three lines of scoring would be nice for a change :)

You are the 4th person who said that to me when I use that example. Look for Zajac to play some PK and 2nd line this year with the Devils. As of right now I have narrowed my team to the following for opening night.

Parise - Gomez - Gionta

Elias - Zajac - Langenbrunner

Pandolfo - Madden/Rupp - Tallackson

Rasmussen/Janssen - Rupp - Marshall

White - Martin

Lukowich - Rafalski

Lachance - Hale

Oduya

Brodeur

Doyle (Has outplayed even Marty)

1. If Parise plays with Gomer & Gio on the 1st line the whole year, 20+G, and 60+Pts., Book it. He was all over the place, his speed/puckhandling looks much more fluid and comfortable, almost on par with GIO's now.

2. Greene looked good, moved the puck well, and skated very well, IMO, which is all Lou really cares about, he is smallish, but, hey, who on the team isn't?

3. Zajac has a VERY good shot to make this team, and play 2nd line time, too. He looks better defensively than Zach did last year, and is bigger & faster, too. If put on a line with offense (Patrik&Jamie), I can reasonably see 13-17G, and 30-45A from him as a ROOK. Or, he could play 4th line time & struggle with offensively inept players like Larry did to Parise last year.

4. Wish I woulda seen Corrente tonite, but here's hoping they'll be there with Elias on Sunday, I'm in the third row Beeyotches!

I agree with you though I didnt get to watch the whole game

we had family at the game and spent tooooo much

time talkin :rant: on the concourse

I am going to have to say this many times I see....

Oduya is making the team as a starter. Watch him play and you see a slightly slower Scott Niedermayer...

I'll go out on a limb and say he's our #1 D-man by the end of the year.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but from the limited amount I've seen and heard, I can definitely see him on the second or third pairing all year. Something like:

White - Martin

Lukowich - Rafalski

Hale - Oduya

Lachance

With Matvichuk coming in for Lukowich when he gets healthy. Look for a d-man (Lukowich) to possibly be traded at that point.

EDIT: And I'm still not sure why the Caps never signed this guy. He would have been one of their best defensemen last year. They had Witt (until he was traded), Eminger, and Morrisson, followed by the largest collection of #7/AHL defensemen the world has ever seen.

Edited by mddevsfan

• 1 year later...