Devils at Rangers, Tuesday Feb 7

Triumph

Staged fight time.

I gotta admit, I have zero issues with a fight erupting in the heat of the moment (Kovy), but the "Let's fight because that's what we do and we can't do much else" thing is really getting old.

Can't see Cam making much of a difference in this one, but he'll get his fight in. Whatever.

They aren't necessarily staged fights. The opposing team knows why he's there, and that's to fight, hit people and bring energy. I understand why people think the fights are staged but in reality none of us know what is being said before the puck drops on the face off. I'm sure the opposing team's "tough guy" have things to prove also and who better to prove it against then Cam Janssen.

Staged fight time.

I gotta admit, I have zero issues with a fight erupting in the heat of the moment (Kovy), but the "Let's fight because that's what we do and we can't do much else" thing is really getting old.

Can't see Cam making much of a difference in this one, but he'll get his fight in. Whatever.

I completely agree with this as well. The retarded staged fights are simply embarrassing and annoying. They are also hindering the growth of hockey as a whole and really difficult to explain to people who are hockey-curious but not quite hooked yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/hockey/fhl/story?page=thinblueline120126

top 75 def`s

and so

what do they think who is the topest of devils? FOSTER?

ok, espn.

It's for fantasy hockey. So Foster, however good or bad his defensive play may be, would be the highest ranked Devils for his powerplay time.

EDIT: onddeck beat me to the punch

Edited by Daniel

alright so TG reported that today's morning skate's 4th line was

Boulton- Josefson- Janssen

Did we kinda just throw JJ in there and hope he can do something? I guess it could work but Im not getting my hopes up

Kovy's going to play with them half the time anyway, more often than not it'll be Kovy-JJ-Boulton on the fourth line.

I completely agree with this as well. The retarded staged fights are simply embarrassing and annoying. They are also hindering the growth of hockey as a whole and really difficult to explain to people who are hockey-curious but not quite hooked yet.

Oh please, I don't want to get into an argument with you, but how are these "staged fights"? Janssen is definitely more of an energy factor and "just in case" the Rags want to take the game to that physical aspect. Clarkson has evolved into a 20 goal scorer and Kovy can't spend more time in the box for KO'ing people. It was either Mills or Janssen having to step up so I'd rather see Janssen has more fighting experience.

• Like 1

For all the talk about how great JJ is, he has really not been producing anything offensively. He seems like he might be a really low event player - someone who plays great D but doesn't produce that much on the other end.

Two observations on JJ:

1) He needs weight on his frame. He's too easily knocked off the puck. I had similar feelings about Zajac early in his career. Too early to judge the kid because of this alone.

2) He seems to be getting snakebitten on rebound opportunities. It's been happening since his first game back where he'll have this glorious rebound scoring chance only to have the goalie make a circus save. If nothing else, it's good that he's in position to get these rebounds. It'd be nice if he started burying them, though.

Two observations on JJ:

1) He needs weight on his frame. He's too easily knocked off the puck. I had similar feelings about Zajac early in his career. Too early to judge the kid because of this alone.

2) He seems to be getting snakebitten on rebound opportunities. It's been happening since his first game back where he'll have this glorious rebound scoring chance only to have the goalie make a circus save. If nothing else, it's good that he's in position to get these rebounds. It'd be nice if he started burying them, though.

Both very good observations. I felt the exact same way about Zajac and now he's one of our better guys at cycling/winning board battles.

I'm glad to see Cam in there. Wish he was there for the Flyers game.

Someone needs to keep the other team accountable, and it shouldn't be Kovy.

And I'll take Cam over Mills, as well

it should be everyone, especially kovy. the guy is just as strong as anyone else out there.

talking about JJ... The tv show Pretty little liars was playing (ok lets skip excuses and not go on why it was on tv and that i was watching)

but as soon as i saw that actor i couldnt believe it

tumblr_lqs5m2Mrhe1qc2m9io1_500.jpg

may not be the best picture to see the ressemblance but wtv... its mindblowing to me lol

it should be everyone, especially kovy. the guy is just as strong as anyone else out there.

The reason you have guys like Janssen and Boulton is so when games start to get out of hand (like Saturdays game), they do the fighting and risk the hand injuries and sit in the box for 5 minutes. You don't want Kovy spending that much time in the box.