This off seasons UFA's and realistic possible trades

2ELIAS6

Lou hasn't even spoken to Bernier's agent. He said so the other day. Some of you really need to chill the fvck out with the Lou hate. Its gotten over the top ridiculous in the last year or so. I understand questioning moves and what not, but some of you were obviously not around for the 80's or early 90's or your fvcking heads would've exploded. You know when some of you will appreciate Lou? When he's gone. And you'll be begging for him back if we end up with some sh!t-stain for a replacement. I admit Lou isn't the 'Lou of old'- but he still knows what the fvck he's doing. The way some of you complain you'd think we were being run by some Garth Snow/Scott Howson cyborg.

As much as I do look forward to the inevitable breath of fresh air when Lou leaves, it will suck to start an era of new GMs every 3 years and a lack of team philosophy. People love crapping on Lou, but I don't think they will be happy with whoever replaces him anyway.

As much as I do look forward to the inevitable breath of fresh air when Lou leaves, it will suck to start an era of new GMs every 3 years and a lack of team philosophy. People love crapping on Lou, but I don't think they will be happy with whoever replaces him anyway.

I guarantee the usual suspects will be bitching about Lou's replacement before the end of the introductory press conference.

The NHL has changed.  It's been obvious Lou has struggled since even the 1st lockout.  It's just now been even more exacerbated the last four or five years.

I hate to say it, but Lou has become this generation's Bill Torrey.

We'll always love him, but it's time for a change, and soon. Philosophy and strategy must be flexible enough to be changed.  The core tenets to be able to win aren't that complex.  It's more about accountability.

What once was an organization that prided itself on accountability has been one that makes excuses for failure, despite trying to continue parroting about the "goals" and high standards. 

Lou must have some type of PTSD after the Kovy deal since he makes safe picks and is more than likely going to bring back another former Devil in Gionta. I can't wait until Lou re-signs Oduya and Martin.

Martin burned any bridge that was there for sure.  I actually think Lou has become a bit more cognizant of the whole former Devil thing (especially once they're washed up and don't really fit the movement forward).  He seemed surprised at some of the feedback when he traded for Sullivan and the press questioned him on why he brings back so many former Devils.

The NHL has changed.  It's been obvious Lou has struggled since even the 1st lockout.  It's just now been even more exacerbated the last four or five years.

I hate to say it, but Lou has become this generation's Bill Torrey.

We'll always love him, but it's time for a change, and soon. Philosophy and strategy must be flexible enough to be changed.  The core tenets to be able to win aren't that complex.  It's more about accountability.

What once was an organization that prided itself on accountability has been one that makes excuses for failure, despite trying to continue parroting about the "goals" and high standards. 

Martin burned any bridge that was there for sure.  I actually think Lou has become a bit more cognizant of the whole former Devil thing (especially once they're washed up and don't really fit the movement forward).  He seemed surprised at some of the feedback when he traded for Sullivan and the press questioned him on why he brings back so many former Devils.

Wait until Tuesday when Lou brings back Gionta

CarpathianForest, on 28 Jun 2014 - 9:12 PM, said:

Wait until Tuesday when Lou brings back Gionta

Yea.. regarding Lou's reacting to the press over his ad-nauseum signings of Ex-Devils, he's probably surprised by their reaction because he sees nothing wrong with it. It has nothing to do with him finally seeing the light and breaking away from his ex-Devil obsession.

Absolutely agree with you on Gionta. I wonder what number he'll wear

Edited by slasher72

well someone hasnt taken their medication..clearly.. take a fvckin breather boss, if you cant figure out why a lot of fans are frustrated with this guy then i dont know what to tell you..maybe your blind or deaf? there is plenty of reason to feel aggravated with a lot of sh!t around here the past couple seasons. Our fan base doesnt get to enjoy a lot of things that others do because lou doesnt allow it.. we miss out on a lot that other fans get to see ..that is aggravating as well like when they had that whole documentary thing leading up to the stadium series the other teams had all kinds of behind the scenes footage and what did we have.. NOTHING. a short clip taken on jagrs cell phone that wasnt even in english.. but that has nothing to do with why were all annoyed with player decisions and moves.. rant over.. take a chill captain butt hurt this is a forum board for people to discuss things.. youve clearly spent a good chunk of your life posting on here with over 14,000 posts someone like you should understand what is done on these sites.

If you're honestly upset with LL about a lack of tv entertainment about the team then you need to reevaluate why you're a fan. I'm here to see the team play and all I care about and I hope that all Lou and the front office cares about is finding a way to win. If they take even one minute of time away from that to feed your need for a behind the scenes look at the team, I'd be livid.

And whoever mentioned the Neal trade, did you seriously think Lou would trade with Pittsburgh? Unless the deal is Malkin for a bag of pucks, Lou isn't going to trade with them. He barely makes trades inside the conference, much less inside the division.

Edited by ATLL765

NJDevs.com Home of the fairweather fans.  Imagine if the Devils actually started to rebuild.  Half of this board would disappear.  The Devils have no assets to make these big moves that everyone here is begging for.  It really sucks that you guys thrive when the team is doing bad and once things start to look up you guys will still be here saying, "I told you so" like nobody noticed that months ago all you could talk about was how much you can't stand Lou.  Go suck your thumb some more and cry about how Lou needs to be gone. 

• Like 2

RizzMB30, on 29 Jun 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:RizzMB30, on 29 Jun 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:

NJDevs.com Home of the fairweather fans.  Imagine if the Devils actually started to rebuild.  Half of this board would disappear.  The Devils have no assets to make these big moves that everyone here is begging for.  It really sucks that you guys thrive when the team is doing bad and once things start to look up you guys will still be here saying, "I told you so" like nobody noticed that months ago all you could talk about was how much you can't stand Lou.  Go suck your thumb some more and cry about how Lou needs to be gone. 

This +1,000,000

I can't stand so-called Devils fans who b*tch and whine about everything Lou does. Talk about ungrateful. Lou has built us numerous championship teams and all you "fans" can do is cry about his drafting and supposed free-agency failures. Well, to me I think his track record is pretty damn good! Why don't you go root for the Islanders or Oilers, then when you come back wishing to re-join us at the Rock, you can get lost.  Seriously, just take all your Devils merchandise and burn it, because we don't need you! 

As for those who keep bringing up Gionta's name, go take a hike too! I actually think Brian is a consummate professional and I'd be happy to have him on this team. But you bring up his name as if to mock him or to mock Lou. Just to shove your nose in it, I hope Lou does sign him and gives all you fans the middle finger.

I agree with Rizz. You all suck.

Edited by maniacdevsdude

MadDog2020, on 29 Jun 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

According to Brooks, the Rags are interested in both Fayne and Carter. Awesome.

You weren't kidding...

Mark Fayne: Report: Rangers interested in Mark Fayne Mark Fayne - D - NJ - Jun. 28 - 8:07 pm et

The Rangers have "legitimate interest" in Mark Fayne, according to the NY Post’s Larry Brooks.

Brooks says the Rangers have already "checked in with" Fayne's camp. New York is doing its due diligence just in case it cannot sign Anton Stralman, which doesn’t seem likely at this point. Fayne, 27, is set to be an unrestricted free agent. He is a right-handed shot who could slot in on the second pair with Marc Staal. Fayne recorded 11 points last year and has been a solid possession player in his career. He earned $1.4 million last season. Jun. 28 - 8:07 pm et

This +1,000,000

I can't stand so-called Devils fans who b*tch and whine about everything Lou does. Talk about ungrateful. Lou has built us numerous championship teams and all you "fans" can do is cry about his drafting and supposed free-agency failures. Well, to me I think his track record is pretty damn good! Why don't you go root for the Islanders or Oilers, then when you come back wishing to re-join us at the Rock, you can get lost.  Seriously, just take all your Devils merchandise and burn it, because we don't need you! 

As for those who keep bringing up Gionta's name, go take a hike too! I actually think Brian is a consummate professional and I'd be happy to have him on this team. But you bring up his name as if to mock him or to mock Lou. Just to shove your nose in it, I hope Lou does sign him and gives all you fans the middle finger.

I agree with Rizz. You all suck.

I don't get how being critical is an issue. I think there are some people that poorly articulate their issues with Lou and there probably are some people that are spoiled. Yesterday was a sh!tty day. It was fair to point out a lot of the Devils poor drafting strategies.

The Devils have had great success under Lou and Conte, but you can't continue to bring up that success when judging Lou today. A lot changes in 15 years or so.

If the Devils were to rebuild, I think many fans would be fine with it. Fans are a lot smarter today. They want to see a plan and a process towards a goal. No one is crying in Buffalo right now because they know what Tim Murray is doing.

I don't get how being critical is an issue. I think there are some people that poorly articulate their issues with Lou and there probably are some people that are spoiled. Yesterday was a sh!tty day. It was fair to point out a lot of the Devils poor drafting strategies.

The Devils have had great success under Lou and Conte, but you can't continue to bring up that success when judging Lou today. A lot changes in 15 years or so.

If the Devils were to rebuild, I think many fans would be fine with it. Fans are a lot smarter today. They want to see a plan and a process towards a goal. No one is crying in Buffalo right now because they know what Tim Murray is doing.

But Lou signed Kovalchuk 4 seasons ago....so there.

MadDog2020, on 29 Jun 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

According to Brooks, the Rags are interested in both Fayne and Carter. Awesome.

Fayne is as good as gone and I could see the Rangers giving him big money to go there. Now, if he loses Carter also to the Rags I'd be a little surprised since he keeps talking about keeping the CBGB line together.