42 replies to this topic

#1 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:13 PM

I guarantee victory for the United States tomorrow and the USA will advance in the "random" Group E....

This is perhaps the biggest game in USA Men's Soccer World Cup history....we need to win this game, otherwise it sets the American soccer program back a ways for awhile...

USA needs to show some patience early...set some plays up and stop going for the long plays (I do not claim to be a soccer expert by any means, I hope I made any sense with that last statement of mine!) :lol:

USA!!! USA!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by LOTCB, 16 June 2006 - 01:16 PM.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#2 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,482 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:23 PM

USA gets the added power of my positive watching abilities tomorrow and that can only help.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#3 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:47 AM

I'll be watching and hoping Team USA shows the true heart needed to get the three points. :)

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#4 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:05 AM

oook... coz I like you all... I will root for US :dance:
(expect the unexpected)
(aaaand it's REALLY unexpected tonight... )

#5 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:09 AM

oook... coz I like you all... I will root for US :dance:
(expect the unexpected)
(aaaand it's REALLY unexpected tonight... )

I wonder who Dad is going to root for. He watched most of his soccer when he was living in Italy and he still reads the Italian papers to follow it. Maybe he'll just be happy whoever wins (and if the US wins, maybe I'll get a call from Mom that he had a heart attack from the shock).
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#6 Aga

Aga

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:13 PM

so Ghana beat Czech Republic, USA has a chance now...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:26 PM

Game over.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#8 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:27 PM

so Ghana beat Czech Republic, USA has a chance now...

too bad USA can't score, 1-0 Italy. I really hate Italy.

as I say that Italy scores on themselves 1-1, so USA really hasn't scored still lol

#9 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:28 PM

too bad USA can't score, 1-0 Italy. I really hate Italy.

as I say that Italy scores on themselves 1-1, so USA really hasn't scored still lol

Same here..i proclaim game over...and the usa scores...i should do that more often!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#10 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:31 PM

Same here..i proclaim game over...and the usa scores...i should do that more often!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We need to be negative more often. :rofl:

Italy is only playing with 10 men now cause a dirty Italian got a red card for elbowing McBride right in the face and busting him open.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 17 June 2006 - 02:31 PM.

#11 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:40 PM

We need to be negative more often. :rofl:

Italy is only playing with 10 men now cause a dirty Italian got a red card for elbowing McBride right in the face and busting him open.

The red card is HUGE...especially when you consider Italy likes to counter...now they have to do that a man short...

GO USA!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#12 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:45 PM

What bullsh!t Mastroeni got a red card. fvck this ref that was a make up call.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 17 June 2006 - 02:45 PM.

#13 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:50 PM

What bullsh!t Mastroeni got a red card. fvck this ref that was a make up call.

That call is just to remind the American fans, this tourney is in Europe :argh:

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#14 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,277 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:56 PM

Make-up call??? Make-up for what?! The Italian red card was deserved, hell McBride bled profusely and had to be taken off for a few minutes. The US red card was disgusting. Yellow yes but definitely not red. Franz Beckenbauer is right, the refs are handing out cards the way doctors hand out pieces of lollipop to kids.

This has been a really physical game though, guess the US player's allusion to war wasn't too far off :rolleyes: I can't complain about anything the US did in the first half except can we cut it with the stupid offside trap PLEASE? That's all a world-class team needs, an easy goal :P Hell Costa Rica scored twice on Germany because of the lame offside trap.

Oh and I don't want to hear about playing for a tie either, a tie isn't going to do anything with the US's terrible goal differential, they need a win. And not only that but a win would put the US in control of its own destiny against Ghana anyway.

Edited by Hasan4978, 17 June 2006 - 02:59 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#15 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:03 PM

Make-up call??? Make-up for what?! The Italian red card was deserved, hell McBride bled profusely and had to be taken off for a few minutes. The US red card was disgusting. Yellow yes but definitely not red.

They handed out a red card because they remembered..wait we are supposed to be anti-usa now...quick, make the yellow card a red.

Di$gu$ting.

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#16 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:07 PM

They handed out a red card because they remembered..wait we are supposed to be anti-usa now...quick, make the yellow card a red.

Di$gu$ting.

Exactly, and now Eddie Pope gets a red card. This is not looking good.

Italy has a man advantage now cause USA is playing with 9 men. If USA can win now it would be a miracle.

Jesus christ these dirty Italians dive like Carolina.

#17 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:07 PM

Exactly, and now Eddie Pope gets a red card. This is not looking good.

Italy has a man advantage now cause USA is playing with 9 men. If USA can win now it would be a miracle.

Do what I did.

Turn it off.

Ive had my fill of soccer. Wake me up when the tourney is not in Europe.

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#18 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,277 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:12 PM

I take back what I said before, a draw would be a frigging miracle :P

I wouldn't have had any issue with Pope getting the red (off of two yellows) if it didn't come two freaking minutes after halftime and two minutes after sending off another US player. It's as if the officials were saying 'fvck you for your dissent' after Arena justifiably bitched about the first one :rolleyes: After all, how dare we play physical against Italy! :lol: :doh1:

People that complain about NHL officiating calling every little thing, this World Cup has been ten times worse. Not just this game though this game's become the nadir for soccer's new standard of throwing people in figurative jail for legal tackles.

Edited by Hasan4978, 17 June 2006 - 03:15 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#19 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:15 PM

Do what I did.

Turn it off.

Ive had my fill of soccer. Wake me up when the tourney is not in Europe.

When USA gets knocked out im probably done watching it as well. Most of these games are rather boring.

#20 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:17 PM

Make-up call??? Make-up for what?! The Italian red card was deserved, hell McBride bled profusely and had to be taken off for a few minutes. The US red card was disgusting. Yellow yes but definitely not red. Franz Beckenbauer is right, the refs are handing out cards the way doctors hand out pieces of lollipop to kids.

This has been a really physical game though, guess the US player's allusion to war wasn't too far off :rolleyes: I can't complain about anything the US did in the first half except can we cut it with the stupid offside trap PLEASE? That's all a world-class team needs, an easy goal :P Hell Costa Rica scored twice on Germany because of the lame offside trap.

Oh and I don't want to hear about playing for a tie either, a tie isn't going to do anything with the US's terrible goal differential, they need a win. And not only that but a win would put the US in control of its own destiny against Ghana anyway.

Confused by the bold statement here. Didn't the US guy get the red because that was his second yellow and therefore an automatic red? As with the second red.....or did I miss something?

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users