Zajac and Larsson have the mumps

Derlique

mono?

The kissing disease is definitely mono. I got it from my gf in high school. My Dr at the time was a dick and told me to just deal with it and that I'd be fine. I swear I had two golf balls implanted in my throat. I ended up making my gf split her steroid rx because it was her damn fault I got it, lol.

The kissing disease is definitely mono. I got it from my gf in high school. My Dr at the time was a dick and told me to just deal with it and that I'd be fine. I swear I had two golf balls implanted in my throat. I ended up making my gf split her steroid rx because it was her damn fault I got it, lol.

I got mono in college and had to drop an entire semester because of it. One of the worst things I ever got and was in bed and couldn't eat solid food for an entire month. Still had flare ups of it two years later. Thank God I haven't had one in years now but damn did momo kick my ass (more so than when I had Lyme but I was told I got a severe case of mono but a relatively mood one of Lyme)

I got mono in college and had to drop an entire semester because of it. One of the worst things I ever got and was in bed and couldn't eat solid food for an entire month. Still had flare ups of it two years later. Thank God I haven't had one in years now but damn did momo kick my ass (more so than when I had Lyme but I was told I got a severe case of mono but a relatively mood one of Lyme)

I didn't get it that bad. Just the golf balls in the throat and fatigue. Walking up and down flights of stairs at school was suddenly a real work out, lol. Prednisone did wonders for reducing the swelling though.

My sister had it recur a few times when she got years after I did. She claimed it was pretty bad.

i heard it can make you infertile to

The condition is called orchitis. Males have an approx. 25% chance of getting swelling in the testicles as the virus runs it course (if not diagnosed/treated early). IF this happens, swelling could cause shrinkage in one (rarely both...due to the fact most dudes would freak at that point..) testis < -- that damage usually leads to defective sperm in extremely rare cases.

Back in the day, when kids had diseases like mumps, chicken pox, measles, etc, they would put as many kids as possible in contact with the sick child so that the healthy ones caught the disease.  There weren't vaccines yet.  It would contribute to immunity.For the mumps, they would take camphor, rub it into the entire neck area and then use towels or torn sheets and wrapped them around the head to keep the camphor from rubbing off.  We looked like cartoons with toothaches. lol  They referred to the illnesses as childhood diseases.  Mumps as a child doesn't usually affect reproductive organs in both sexes.  The older the person the more chance of the problems.