(N)Єverson trolls with recount of 94

Legion15

Yeah would think SOMEONE would decide to do a story on this saying how this is a repeat of 94 and all, why not have it be (N)Єverson :rolleyes:

Devils, Brodeur face ghosts of 1994

Those who weren’t around aren’t impressed.

So they say.

“That’s 15, 20 years ago, I don’t care,” Devils captain Zach Parise said.

He was still trying to savor last night’s dramatic 5-3 Devils victory in Game 5 at the Garden, where Ryan Carter scored the tie-breaking winner with 4:24 to play.

But the victory only launched memory lane to “We’ll Win Tonight,” The Post’s famous back page of May 25, 1994.

“Are they making promises already?” Patrik Elias wondered. “We won’t worry about it. Who cares what happened way back then?”

They are talking about Mark Messier’s promise, 18 years ago today, that the Rangers would win Game 6 of that epic, historic second Battle of the Hudson, that would send the winner to the Stanley Cup finals as the favorite.

(N)Єverson also claims the Rangers won the East already...all they did was seed 1st going into the playoffs, that's not "winning the East" You win when you get the Prince of Wales Trophy

...don't touch it, though

(N)Єverson also claims the Rangers won the East already...all they did was seed 1st going into the playoffs, that's not "winning the East" You win when you get the Prince of Wales Trophy

...don't touch it, though

I think the one year Stevens didn't touch it was in 2001.

In that case if we win it I hope Parise makes out with it.

Edited by DevsMan84

Callahan is a terrific player and plays the right way for the most part, but he's not a patch on Messier's fanny. The only Ranger that really can pull a Messier is Henry...but he looks like he's finally getting fatigued.

The main thing I fear about tomorrow isn't history...it's the fact this series hasn't exactly gone according to script. Whether it's teams losing games they dominate, our fourth line dominating, their popgun offense coming from three down. And if you were betting you'd bet on us to close it out at home after taking their best shot in Game 5.

Of course, if you had taken a poll of fans (Devil and Ranger fans alike) after Gaborik tied it up, maybe 5% would have thought the Devils were winning after that, if that much.

(N)Єverson and the NY Post are not the only ones guilty of this either.

NJ.com

I would have been far more surprised if at least 1 article came out and said "This series has exactly nothing in common with the 94 series except Marty is still the goalie of the Devils, Lou is still the GM of the Devils, and Robinson is again an assistant coach of the Devils"

Edited by DevsMan84

I think the one year Stevens didn't touch it was in 2001.

In that case if we win it I hope Parise makes out with it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1189556-nhl-playoffs-2012-will-either-conference-champion-touch-their-trophy

On one end, the New Jersey Devils are quite distinct for having never shied away from laying hands on the Prince of Wales Trophy. Then-captain Scott Stevens did it in each of four opportunities in a span of nine years.

In three of those four subsequent championship rounds, those same hands exchanged pleasantries with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and then gripped the Cup. The only time the Devils lost in the final was the only time Stevens touched, but did not pick up, the conference hardware.

The Devils will have to dig deep and stay the course. Going back to MSG for a 7th game will certainly NOT favor NJ in any way, shape, or form.

Play hard, keep the Rangers wide, limit their time in the corners and in front of the net.

Put traffic in front of Hank, and chip away for a win.

Brodeur has to be his best because the Rangers WILL come out flying.

From an intangible level, DeBoer should put a moratorium on all media / newspaper reading/listening to all the players.

No distractions necessary...

Come on boys...let's do this!

• Like 1

Eh, who gives a sh!t what the media writes or whatever; it's their job, so they're going with a "no doubt the peeps will read this". Come Saturday morning, it won't matter anyway :evil:

It really is amazing how here it is 18 years later and the Devils still have the same goaltender.

It'd be equally interesting to go around the league and see how many starting goaltenders have played for each team in that same span...some of those teams didn't even EXIST when Marty became the man in '94.

The Whalers were still the Whalers back then, and the Nordiques were still in Quebec. The Winnipeg Jets were the real Winnipeg Jets, not the Atlanta transplants.

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim and Florida Panthers were playing their inaugural seasons, and the Dallas Stars were playing their first season in Dallas after having moved from Minnesota.

Four teams that didn't even exist: the Atlanta Thrashers, the Nashville Predators, the Columbus Blue Jackets, and the Minnesota Wild.

I Am not surprised by it all, it shows you how infrequently the rags have been this far in the past 18 years so they have to drag out the memories, it does after all sell papers.

cue Rangers promos replaying a clip of the "Guarantee" and the same clip they play anytime they mention the Rangers and the Cup in the same breath: Messier seizuring holding the cup in 94...and the pointless banner-raisings they've done

NJ.COM: Rangers make no guarantees for Game 6 as season is on the line against Devils

NEW YORK -- John Tortorella seemed a bit offended when a reporter brought up "the guarantee." Well actually, he was confused at first when he was asked about "1994," claiming ignorance of the question. And when he was finally clued into where it was going...

"Aww crap," the Rangers coach replied.

Troll-dance.gif

Get used to it, guys. He's not the only one who'll be writing on it.

Frankly, I'm taking bets on who the first is to try to get Callahan to "guarantee" a win. My money's on Fischler.

If I was Larry Brooks I would have asked Torts to guarantee a win in game 6 if for no other reason then to piss off and bait Torts into a tirade :evil: