Schedule infos

SterioDesign

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the NBA do that, or at least the Knicks? (send out season tickets with just 'game 1', 'game 2' on it last year). It may come to that with all this last-minute changing of the schedule. You'd figure they would just have a 48-game schedule in the drawer ready to go since it was obvious from a month ago that's where this was headed, but that'd be too easy for this league.

How can you have a schedule ready when you don't have a CBA ratification yet?

How can you have a schedule ready when you don't have a CBA ratification yet?

There's a difference between having a schedule and making it public. Obviously you can't do the latter, but you should at least have some idea of what the schedule is. It seemed like they were even debating the format until a couple days ago (whether it was going to be 7-2 or 4/5-3 in terms of division/conference games).

How did you buy them?

This afternoon, someone I know said that the Islanders game on the 19th (previously vs. Columbus) almost had to be switched to accomodate New Jersey. Sure enough, a couple hours later, Tom Gulitti announces that that is indeed the case.

So on StubHub, I bought 9 tickets for the Islanders vs. Columbus game on the 19th. When you buy them, a window pops up saying that, "because of the lockout, game times and opponents may change" and that StubHub allows you to get a full refund if this is the case. Obviously, I would decline that refund and keep the tickets.

Pretty much the worst scenario in all of this would be me getting my money back.

How did you buy them?

I am sure stubhub, they have 1/19 game listed for the isles at home. Says the teams/players may change but the tickets would still be good... Will see

It states that if the opposing team changes they will CANCEL the order and refund the money...

Stubhub quote

"What happens if there's a change?

If the event date or opposing team changes, we'll cancel your order and give you a full refund (including fees). If you buy tickets and the players change, but not the date or opposing team, the tickets are yours to use"

Edited by Dead

Calling customer service to see if we're given the option of keeping the tickets. I'll let you know what they say... If you have the credit, might as well grab some tickets. The prices are only gonna go up when the schedule's announced on Saturday.

Plus, like I said earlier, the worst case scenario is that on Saturday, you get refunded. No risk involved really..

The NHL dropped the ball with the tri state area teams openers. NJ should be playing NYR, you want to drum up as much interest in hockey right away as possible and start the season with a bang.

Rags/Bruins? Why? Who cares. They don't have anything resembling a rivalry with each other despite both being in the NHL since forever ago.

That said, I've been impressed with the amount of NJ fans showing up on LI over the past few season. Last year we really made our presence felt, and that wasn't the case even when we were winning cups.

The NHL dropped the ball with the tri state area teams openers. NJ should be playing NYR, you want to drum up as much interest in hockey right away as possible and start the season with a bang.

Rags/Bruins? Why? Who cares. They don't have anything resembling a rivalry with each other despite both being in the NHL since forever ago.

That said, I've been impressed with the amount of NJ fans showing up on LI over the past few season. Last year we really made our presence felt, and that wasn't the case even when we were winning cups.

My guess is Rangers didn't have a home game on the 19th that needed re-adjusting, Bruins did; same with Islanders/Devils. I guess the first few games are determined by who has a Western Conference home matchup that needs to be readjusted, and vice versa. Pretty difficult stuff, can't imagine it being too easy for whoever's part of the scheduling group!!

FYI, I just spoke to StubHub and they said that yes indeed, they send you an email giving you the OPTION of whether or not you'd like to go to the rearranged game (different team: Devils, different time: 1PM I think) and you can either say YES and keep the tickets you got, or NO and get a full refund.

Ehhh Go with the Original 6 matchups to start. No brainer, really. Get your core on board first

I'd have had Devils-Rangers, Bruins-Habs but I think HNIC wanted the three all-Canada games, which meant Leafs-Habs in primetime. Some of the juggling is based on who has what building available though, they've been feverishly trying to get the Wild at home on Hockey Day in Minnesota.

I mean I would love to see Devs-Rangers too but the NHL is dead set on these Original six matchups. Also. There's always been an animosity between the Bruins and Rangers dating back to four score and seven years ago. And now that both are top teams in the East, it sure doesn't hurt to make that a season debut game.

No East/West this year either so this was the best choice they had...Unless you think Toronto/NYR is superior. Lol.

Rangers/Bruins is not a real big rivalry these days, except maybe for NY fans who hate the city of Boston and vice-versa. They don't play in the same division and they haven't met in the playoffs in forever. Maybe the NHL did want to package the three Original Six matchups, but really they were going to do Toronto-Montreal for HNIC and Detroit-Chicago just cause anyway, so probably figured might as well put NY-Boston in there. How are they going to package the Original Six games, though...and for whom? Odds are they probably have Pittsburgh-Philly on NBC in the US anyway.

There's any number of ways you could have gone with the schedule to max out rivalries.

Edited by NJDevs4978

That game on Long Island last season when we scored 2 goals in the last few minutes was so epic.. We literally had a raging Devils college party going on in between the arena and Marriot.. It's pretty awesome to see like 200 young Devils fans playing drinking games and doing keg stands in a parking lot, getting rowdy as hell and carrying it into the building

de5yrydu.jpg

Tough to see but here is someone doing a keg stand

a6yha4u7.jpg

Edited by Colin226

Rangers/Bruins is not a real big rivalry these days, except maybe for NY fans who hate the city of Boston and vice-versa. They don't play in the same division and they haven't met in the playoffs in forever. Maybe the NHL did want to package the three Original Six matchups, but really they were going to do Toronto-Montreal for HNIC and Detroit-Chicago just cause anyway, so probably figured might as well put NY-Boston in there. How are they going to package the Original Six games, though...and for whom? Odds are they probably have Pittsburgh-Philly on NBC in the US anyway.

There's any number of ways you could have gone with the schedule to max out rivalries.

yea you're probably right...plus with the Bruins fanbase is larger than ours as they own all of New England. Rags/Bruins while not a rivalry is more a marquee matchup. I just wanted to beat up on the Rangers again as soon as possible

HNIC still has a lot of clout and they probably demanded Habs-Leafs from the league...so once you take the Habs from the Bruins you need to pair Boston with the only remaining eastern conference Original 6.