• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:37 PM

So does a styrofoam cup.

But can you sit in said cup??

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#42 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:42 PM

Wow, a lot of people hating the Ledger about this when all they are doing is protecting their property. You'd do the same if you owned a newspaper.

Only if DM doesn't get his Yacht there will be no board fishing trip then yeah :angry:

RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.

#43 njdevils_info

njdevils_info

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:20 PM

I know I would be extremely angry if NJDevs copied material from my site at njdevils.info and posted content from njdevils.info on a numebr of threads.
Even if it gave njdevils.info credit, I woudl still be annoyed that people weren't actually visiting njdevils.info.

Oh, did I mention njdevils.info?

:evil:

I'll stop now :D
Posted Image<br>/\/ of the Jumbotron and it's 2 Ribbons<br><br>
Favorite Doc-ism:<br>* "I have a tremendous grasp for the obvious."<br><br>
Facorite Chico-isms:<br>Chico: "Actually its Brylin who jumped out with Pandolfo. I don't know if Madden was tired or if there's a problem..."<br>Doc: "The problem will be relieved as he comes out of the penalty box now!"<br>Chico: "Oh yeah that's right!"

#44 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:37 PM

I know I would be extremely angry if NJDevs copied material from my site at njdevils.info and posted content from njdevils.info on a numebr of threads.
Even if it gave njdevils.info credit, I woudl still be annoyed that people weren't actually visiting njdevils.info.

Oh, did I mention njdevils.info?
:evil:

I'll stop now :D

That advertisement will cost one million dollars :burn:

Edited by Devilish34, 02 November 2007 - 03:38 PM.

#45 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:40 PM

That advertisement will cost one million dollars :burn:

It can be paid to me, contact me for methods of payment.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#46 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:03 PM

Wow, a lot of people hating the Ledger about this when all they are doing is protecting their property. You'd do the same if you owned a newspaper.

No i wouldn't.

I'm here for the party

#47 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

No i wouldn't.

I did say probably but what if it hit at your revenue?
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#48 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 01:12 PM

I did say probably but what if it hit at your revenue?

I wouldn't think it had. The more rational assumption woudl be that it would increase traffic.

I understand how njo might be pissed they fvcked up their message board through slovenly administration. That's their own doing and threatening this site won't bring anyone back to them. and THAT is the only way this site may cut into their revenue generation.

I, for one, never visited njo for anything before this site directed me to them.

I'm here for the party

#49 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 01:32 PM

How would it increase traffic? If you can read the entire article here then why would anyone bother to go to their site?

I doubt this has anything to do with their message board. Since newspapers rely ads for their revenue they have make sure they maintain their readership so that they can charge their advertisers as much as possible. Now the users here at NJDEVS.com alone likely do not cause a dent in their numbers but multiply that by other sites, say for all the other teams then for non-sports message boards, blogs, or whatever. Ultimately they need to enforce their policy on protecting their property.

#50 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 03:44 PM

How would it increase traffic? If you can read the entire article here then why would anyone bother to go to their site?

I doubt this has anything to do with their message board. Since newspapers rely ads for their revenue they have make sure they maintain their readership so that they can charge their advertisers as much as possible. Now the users here at NJDEVS.com alone likely do not cause a dent in their numbers but multiply that by other sites, say for all the other teams then for non-sports message boards, blogs, or whatever. Ultimately they need to enforce their policy on protecting their property.

That's nice... I still wouldn't do it.

I'm here for the party

#51 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 03:52 PM

Really? So if you owned the "Pepperkorn Daily Ledger Record Post Press Times of New Jersey" and it was the source of your income and jobs for all involved in its publishing and your advertisers decided to reduce or stop advertising due to low readership thereby putting your paper in the red you'd be ok with it? Might as well post those articles directly to a message board then huh? Why bother with the newspaper?

#52 njdevils_info

njdevils_info

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:09 PM

Really? So if you owned the "Pepperkorn Daily Ledger Record Post Press Times of New Jersey" and it was the source of your income and jobs for all involved in its publishing and your advertisers decided to reduce or stop advertising due to low readership thereby putting your paper in the red you'd be ok with it? Might as well post those articles directly to a message board then huh? Why bother with the newspaper?

Well lets face it, readership would be low because it would be all about her dreams with Scott Stevens and really who wants to read about that? :evil:
Posted Image<br>/\/ of the Jumbotron and it's 2 Ribbons<br><br>
Favorite Doc-ism:<br>* "I have a tremendous grasp for the obvious."<br><br>
Facorite Chico-isms:<br>Chico: "Actually its Brylin who jumped out with Pandolfo. I don't know if Madden was tired or if there's a problem..."<br>Doc: "The problem will be relieved as he comes out of the penalty box now!"<br>Chico: "Oh yeah that's right!"

#53 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:40 PM

Well lets face it, readership would be low because it would be all about her dreams with Scott Stevens and really who wants to read about that? :evil:

:yucky:

#54 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:56 PM

Sammy -- you're changing your argument to suit your desired outcome.

If I was the Star Ledger/njo - I would not deem it worthwhile to pursue legal action against any specific local teams fansite message board posting articles giving proper credit and linking up to NHL articles from my the newspaper's website or sponsored blogs. I wouldn't.

Why can you not accept that? Why do you have to turn it into my humble blood sweat and tears mom and pop operation with a staff of wonderful folks all depending on me to defend their livelyhood from an evil message board eusurping all of my paper and websites content?

I'm here for the party

#55 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:23 PM

I'm not changing anything. I never said anything about you owning/running the Star-Ledger. I said if you owned a newspaper.

As for the Star-Ledger, they are likely just enforcing their own policy and I'm sure NJDevs.com or even NHL related articles are not their only target. I have seen newspapers, magazines, and other news outlets make such requests on other message boards that have nothing to do with hockey or even sports for that matter. It goes back to the classic "If you allow one you have to allow all".

My guess is that these media outlets do in fact see their traffic/revenue drop or they wouldn't bother.

#56 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:15 PM

I understadn what the Star Ledger is doing.. and no, i wouldn't do it.

I'm here for the party

#57 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:35 PM

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with it.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#58 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:42 PM

I understadn what the Star Ledger is doing.. and no, i wouldn't do it.

If you say so! I sure hope you don't run a business though! :)

#59 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,022 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:33 PM

I just received a letter in the mail re-iterating they want the old posts removed. I am going to have to manually go back and delete posts. If you notice your post count going down... that is why.

#60 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:42 PM

Wonder if they will go back and compare counts....you might be better off deleting threads...easier :)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users