2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

William Carrier is an excellent value 2nd rounder who projects as a 2nd minute LW. He continued to show improved confidence one on one, is very strong along the boards and has a terrific shot. His defense needs work but he is projects to being a current Clarkson type player minus fighting + passing.

William Carrier is an excellent value 2nd rounder who projects as a 2nd minute LW. He continued to show improved confidence one on one, is very strong along the boards and has a terrific shot. His defense needs work but he is projects to being a current Clarkson type player minus fighting + passing.

how current? the first 15 games clarkson or the last 15 ? 

Jeremy Brodeur was just drafted by Oshawa in the OHL draft. 154th overall.

Looks like he'll have a better chance at a pro career than his older brother who I doubt ever gets drafted. As a sophomore on the midget AAA team at Shattuck Jeremy played 34 games, went 21-5-7 1.66 GAA .937 SV%, starting over a kid a year older than him. I wonder if he plans on moving to the O at some point down the line? I noticed Oshawa drafted another goalie, who is from there and has played on the minor midget AAA team, a few rounds later. Oshawa's current starter Daniel Altshuller (CAR prospect) will be 19 next year and their current backup Ken Appleby turns 18 on Wednesday. I'm not sure how OHL rights work exactly but I suppose Jeremy would be likely to spend another year at SSM and then potentially move to Oshawa if he decides against the NCAA route. I think this is an encouraging sign though, Anthony never got drafted by an OHL team.

I have a feeling Nichushkin will be the Zibanejad of 2013 and get drafted much earlier than expected. Although lately he has been cracking some top 10 lists.

I definitely do like Shinkaruk, but Wennberg gets my vote for now. The only issue is that apparently he's one of the older prospects, and his extra development may have a pretty big effect on how well he has done. I'm just hoping they draft someone who has some real talent, someone who is more than just a smart player.

As of now the Devils are slated to pick 11th. If we go something like 4-6 or 3-7 we could easily have a top 7 or 8 pick.  

We could always win the lottery again, lololololololololololol. I still feel like that must have been some kind of mistake by the NHL to have let us win the lottery.

We could always win the lottery again, lololololololololololol. I still feel like that must have been some kind of mistake by the NHL to have let us win the lottery.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a 'favor' from the league for making us forfeit a first rounder. "Yeah, that was harsh, we'll give you the lottery."

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a 'favor' from the league for making us forfeit a first rounder. "Yeah, that was harsh, we'll give you the lottery."

Not sure if serious, but they showed the league drawing the final ball and announcing the winner at the office where it occurred.. Nothing like a good conspiracy theory involving the Devils tho

Not sure if serious, but they showed the league drawing the final ball and announcing the winner at the office where it occurred.. Nothing like a good conspiracy theory involving the Devils tho

We're half serious. And who says that ball drawing wasn't staged?

if any ball drawing was staged it was in "05

I don't really tend to believe in the conspiracy theories, but it was AWFUL convenient that Pittsburgh won that lottery when they were in danger of moving. I remember not being shocked at all.

I mean, I don't think they had a team in mind, but at the very least they had to be relieved when it wasn't Phoenix or Atlanta that won it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If the 05 bingo lottery was rigged, Crosby would be playing for the Rangers. They were one of the teams that had the "best shot" of landing him, as much as you can have a best shot in a 3-2-1 ball weighted lottery.

Ah, but you see, that's exactly what they want you to think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There's no need for the NHL to prop up the Rangers through the draft, they get the hype machine going themselves through FA every year.  Pittsburgh getting Crosby was like a monarch passing off the throne to the next king, in a market that needed it.

And what happened once they dropped the puck?   The Rangers were a disaster zone before that lockout.   Pittsburgh is a nothing market.   If they moved the team, especially then, no one would notice the difference.

April's version of Craigslist is out.

Top 10:

1. D Seth Jones (Portland - WHL)
2. LW Jonathan Drouin (Halifax - QMJHL)
3. C Nathan MacKinnon (Halifax - QMJHL)
4. C Aleksander Barkov (Tappara - FIN)
5. LW Valeri Nichushkin (Chelijabinsk 2 - RUS)
6. D Darnell Nurse (Sault Ste. Marie - OHL)
7. C Sean Monahan (Ottawa - OHL)
8. C Elias Lindholm (Brynas - SWE)
9. G Zachary Fucale (Halifax - QMJHL)
10. C/LW Max Domi (London - OHL)

Random thoughts - Interesting to see Button has C Curtis Lazar slipping from 23 to 28 in his rankings. He's still a guy I could see the Devils targeting for his strong 2 way game. Button continues to rank D Jordan Subban in the upper 2nd round. LW Emile Poirier jumps into 38th from being unranked previously. D Madison Bowey (Damon Severson's teammate) slides back to 43 from previously being at 34. He's another guy I could see being a target of the Devils on draft day. Reece Scarlett's D partner, Dillon Heathrington, enters at 65. One of my favorite prospects RW Hudson Fasching continues to stay at 75. Big, powerful winger out the USNTDP whose heading to Minnesota - I'd love if the Devils could find a way to add him to the system.