GDT: ECF Game 5 - NJ Devils @ NY Rangers

ZeroGravityFat

Score first an early.. Plain and simple

THIS!

I think I heard a stat along the lines of the past 13 Rangers Playoff games this season, the team who scored first won....

Not that we can't come from behind, because we proved against Philly we could. But we had the luxury of Ilya "THE SIEVE" Bryzgalov in goal...this time we are facing the Queen and his mattress pads...

LET'S GO DEVILS!!

I will be wearing my heart on my sleeve this evening... I can't even comprehend the humongous big opportunity we have tonight. If we continue to play how we have played all series, and trust in DeBo, we have this game. The Rangers are a good team, but right now we are the better team. We know this to be true. Break them down. Score early, deflate the crowd. This Devils team has the chance to become perhaps the most beloved in franchise history, simply because of who we are beating.

GO DEVILS!!

The plan is simple, keep grinding the rags into dust. Get a ton of shots on lundqvist from everywhere...bodies to the net. Extend Rag shifts by keeping clears alive at the blue line. If they want to lay down and block a shot, make them pay dearly.

This part especially. Take the series lead, boys.

:gd: :gd: :gd: :gd:

Good one, Sterio.

I fear Henrik. Hopefully, we can score enough.

we just have to make him move like they did last game.

Moooooost of the time yeah were in their zone cycling and controlling the puck around the boards and trying to find a shooting lane... but the thing is... their 5 players are in position and so is henrik. We dont make them run around and switch position to create panic and caught them off position or making a mistake. So its easy to block a shot or make a save unless its deflected.

the devils tend to slow down the pace in the neutral zone slowing down with the puck waiting for other guys to come in but then all the Rangers have time to come back and set themselves in the dzone. Gotta use our speed to go around them and create some odd man rush like Zach did with Zajac.

^ this.

To be fair the meadowlands ice surface was not the best during the playoffs but game 2 was horrible at MSG.

LGD!

Old habits die hard, eh?

Btw, love the Cthulhu sig. Why vote for the lesser evil?

did you know he actually said the rangers would win? :puke:

The plan is simple, keep grinding the rags into dust. Get a ton of shots on lundqvist from everywhere...bodies to the net. Extend Rag shifts by keeping clears alive at the blue line. If they want to lay down and block a shot, make them pay dearly.

By stepping around them and ripping one top shelf.

Haha I was actually thinking the exact same thing yesterday. If we win this game, the entire media will go nuts trying to parallel this with the 94 game 6 guarantee.

LGD!!!

Yea, they will. But this is certainly not the '94 Rags. Even the most ardent Rags fan would be hard pressed to make that argument, no matter how many hallucinogenic enemas they've had.