First Game Ever at the Rock

gogonjdevil

Well...this Sat. will be my first ever Devs game at the Rock. I've been to the CAA before but have never made it to the Rock before Sat.

In any event, I would like to know several things before I go and I hope you all can help.

First, how early do we have to get there? We're sitting in the Supporters Section if that makes any difference.

Second, are the directions (which is what was told to me) just Route 9 to 21 and then the Rock is right on 21 in Newark?

Third, is the parking in the actual arena? And how much is it? (I have a handicapped placard if that makes a difference as well)

Ummm...I think that's it. I appreciate any advice anyone can give a Rock Virgin.

Thanks.

Well...this Sat. will be my first ever Devs game at the Rock. I've been to the CAA before but have never made it to the Rock before Sat.

In any event, I would like to know several things before I go and I hope you all can help.

First, how early do we have to get there? We're sitting in the Supporters Section if that makes any difference.

Second, are the directions (which is what was told to me) just Route 9 to 21 and then the Rock is right on 21 in Newark?

Third, is the parking in the actual arena? And how much is it? (I have a handicapped placard if that makes a difference as well)

Ummm...I think that's it. I appreciate any advice anyone can give a Rock Virgin.

Thanks.

Regarding the directions, 21 will put you pretty much right there. I would call the Arena regarding the handicap parking and they would let you know where you can park.

As far as getting there just leave yourself some extra time on 21. The traffic can be brutal there at times.

Regarding the directions, 21 will put you pretty much right there. I would call the Arena regarding the handicap parking and they would let you know where you can park.

As far as getting there just leave yourself some extra time on 21. The traffic can be brutal there at times.

Good advice and to answer to poster's question, the gates to the arena open at 5:30 so you do not have to be there really early.

There's not much specifically labeled handicap parking. If distance is an issue, park in one of the two lots next to the arena (one is in front of it, across from the large LED screen, the other is across the street from the Amerihealth Pavalion. Both are $25. There's no particular special handicap parking area in either, but they're much closer than the $15 lots further down Mulberry.

There may be specific handicap parking in the deck behind the arena, but it's $30. I go to the games with a friend who has a handicap placard as well but we just park in one of the two lots near the arena, it's close enough for that sort of thing.

As far as getting there, rt 21 (McCarter Highway) is a few blocks east of the arena, but it's the main way in. Most of the parking is on Mulberry, including the ones I mentioned.