GDT: SCF GAME 6 - New Jersey @ Los Angeles

NJCroMag

Like many I'm very surprised they made it to the finals. No negativity coming from my mouth. Very proud of these guys. Looking forward to October.

Oh I won't say we did anything bad or wrong. We did great this year considering all we had to put up with, just so furious the league is letting it go down to a BS call that launched a 3 goal raping. For that, I cannot forgive the zebras

Feeling empty right now. After what happened in games 4 and 5, it's just hard to imagine it ends like this. If it was a fair, regular 4:0 win by the Kings, that's a different story. But this is a a bad non-call plus a dumb play by one of ours that put an end to this great run. Hard to think right now. I know I'm gonna be bitter as hell tomorrow, I know I'm going to feel hungover the next few days. But I'm extremely proud of this group and really grateful for all the moments and emotions they gave us this spring. I thought about it after the Rangers series and I thought about it after game 3: no matter what happens, they made me proud. Too bad it comes down to this, but this one thing will not change.

The Devils have lost all composure now. This is painful to watch.

Easy to forget that they're human beings. They have to be shell-shocked by how this has all unfolded.

We can blame the ref all we want, but ive never seen a team allow 3 goals on a 5 minute major. the devils PK has been awful this whole playoff season.

They've mailed it in tonight.

I don't buy that. They were tired. They needed every break to go right to have a chance. Not only was a 5 minute major a bad break, they didn't have the legs to kill that long. There's no question they got beat badly, and I'm not blaming the ref, but give them some credit for the fight.

Feeling empty right now. After what happened in games 4 and 5, it's just hard to imagine it ends like this. If it was a fair, regular 4:0 win by the Kings, that's a different story. But this is a a bad non-call plus a dumb play by one of ours that put an end to this great run. Hard to think right now. I know I'm gonna be bitter as hell tomorrow, I know I'm going to feel hungover the next few days. But I'm extremely proud of this group and really grateful for all the moments and emotions they gave us this spring. I thought about it after the Rangers series and I thought about it after game 3: no matter what happens, they made me proud. Too bad it comes down to this, but this one thing will not change.

Yeah, wish it didn't end like this, but when you're down 3-0 in games, you don't get mulligans.

This team won a hell of a lot more playoff games than I ever dreamed they would...that I won't forget. There's so many positives, and in time I'll remember them fondly.

The whole 2nd period has been a waste. Not at all reflective of the great season they've had, it's unfortunate the way they've lost their composure tonight. I was hoping they'd at least cut into the lead with a goal or two.

The Devils have lost all composure now. This is painful to watch.

I didn't see your post. Agreed.

Edited by 95Crash

As bad as it is for Bernier, it's the Stanley Cup Finals and he's just pumped up. They wanted to keep hitting as it was working and the Devils won 2 games by outhitting LA. It's a split second decision, albeit it a bad one. Bernier didn't give up 3 goals on the PP, the Devils D did. You get this far by picking up your teammates. The Devils gave the Flyers 2 PP's in OT...and they picked each other up and killed them off. The Devils needed to rally around the penalty and get out of it unscathed or with 1 goal. They didn't do that, and THAT is what lost this game. The "best penalty kill in NHL history" needed to be big. They weren't. They lost.

I really think the Devils just couldn't overcome their Rangers' hangover the first few games and that lead to having no room for error.

Thanks for the playoff run, it was my favorite by far because this came out of nowhere...and beating Phil and NYR was a dream come true. Finally, congratulations to the Kings who WERE big when they had to be. I still don't think they're as good as NJ...or even Phil or NYR, but they came through when they had to.

Let's get healthy over the summer, resign Parise and work even harder to finish the job in 2013.

GO DEVILS!

I was there to see Henrique kill the Rangers season and for that i'm grateful. I love this team. This game sucks and i honestly wish with all my being that LA never has another successfull playoff run again. Their franchise can go to hell and referee Dan O'Rourke can follow them.

That aside, I tip my hat to Pete D and this team. Thanks for the memories of a very good season.

So.... LA has had 13 minutes on the powerplay. Devils have none. I'm not a "refs screwed us" guy, but that is ridiculous for a cup final game.

This is because the NHL fix was in. People can blame Bernier but if it was not him it would have been someone else. The NHL wants this over tonight in LA on NBC.

Edited by Hades