Boowmeester wants out of Florida?

ghdi

tremendous logic. because the 1st overall pick is very good, teams will be trying to get the picks of teams who have a less than 2% chance of landing john tavares.

next up: the red wings trade their 1st round pick for dion phaneuf and the penguins trade theirs for marc staal.

the devils don't have the assets to pull this off - few do. the oilers are a good fit.

i'm sure that was the devils logic when acquired the leafs first round pick in the 1991 draft, right?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gave olli? you mean for keith ballard, one of the best young defenders in the game, and nick boynton, a legitimate top 4 guy?

I couldn't have said it better myself. Not as lopsided a trade as people make it out to be. Ballard is rising star young defensemen along the lines of Martin, and Boynton is a solid and consistent top 4 defender. That's worth a LOT considering acquiring and replacing forwards is much easier than replacing solid D-men.

Way to many people are really under estimating how good JBou is. 6-4, 212, 25 years old. The last 3 years he has played every game. Last year he had 15 goals and 27 assists. Only a -5 on a bad Panthers team. Much, much better than any UFA on the market. Lou better be giving a phone call at least.

i'm sure that was the devils logic when acquired the leafs first round pick in the 1991 draft, right?

that was so long ago and the game was so incredibly different. no GM is that stupid in today's game, and certainly not to give it up for dross like tom kurvers. and in a 20 team league it's a lot different than a 30 team league.

so no. no one wants the devils first, especially when they're trading a top 30 defender in the game, to a team that's won the division title 2 out of the last 3 years and has the best goaltender in the game.

that was so long ago and the game was so incredibly different. no GM is that stupid in today's game, and certainly not to give it up for dross like tom kurvers. and in a 20 team league it's a lot different than a 30 team league.

so no. no one wants the devils first, especially when they're trading a top 30 defender in the game, to a team that's won the division title 2 out of the last 3 years and has the best goaltender in the game.

so you say. the devils are a marty injury away from being in the bottom half of the league.

so you say. the devils are a marty injury away from being in the bottom half of the league.

great! brodeur has sustained one injury in his career that kept him out longer than 1 game. let's even generously put the odds of this at 5% of him sustaining an injury that keeps him out half the season or more. so this other team has a 5% chance of getting a 6.25% chance to land john tavares.

i can't wait to get in on the ground floor of this stellar opportunity.

Offer everything we got. JBou is the defender we have been missing for a long time. I agree with RG's offer.

Corrente + Gio + Zajac + 1st even more if necessary. If JBou has done this good in Florida, imagine him in NJ with the likes of Brodeur and Martin as a supporting cast. And Larry tutoring his every move.

DO IT LOU! :koolaid:

Absolutely!! Reel him in Lou!!

It's fun to joke about a trade actually happening, but that time came and went a week ago. There is no way in hell Lou is selling the farm for one player. But all joking aside.....the guy is a great defender and I would love to see him in Red and Black!

i would make the zajac/gio/corrente/pk trade in a second for bouwmeester.

then try to sign liles and the devils d looks pretty good.

bou

martin

oduya

white

liles

vish

let mottau and brookbank battle for the 7th d slot

though i understand that we would have to sign a center, maybe langkow. i think that would be a risk worth taking for this guy.

Some of you are hilarious. Gionta + Lowell player? I hope everyone realizes that Bouwmeester is a 24-year old #1 defenseman with tremendous size, skating ability, offensive acumen, and defensive awareness. The cost would be Parise, and that's that.

We dont have the depth to acquire Jay-Bo.

Maybe in a couple of years after we can gauge the talent from recent drafts?

Parise and Elias are both equivalent offensively, while Parise is 8 years younger and signed for half as much. Why would Parise go before Elias?

OK, let me say this then, perhaps the op should have said Marty-Parise AND Elias are untouchable.

I disagree that Parise and Elias are equal offensively, Elias is better(esp in the playoffs) he's a faster skater-harder shot, better passer, and better defensively, and he's scores tons of OT goals-clutch goals-GW goals.

This is not a slight on Zach ( I'm a big Zach fan) as he'll obviously be our best player as time passes, and I'm hoping he eclipses Patty's achievments in the future.

Zach has youth on his side, Elias is a proven winner with 2 ( 3 cups really) and far more experienced.

We are lucky to have 'em both.

OK, let me say this then, perhaps the op should have said Marty-Parise AND Elias are untouchable.

I disagree that Parise and Elias are equal offensively, Elias is better(esp in the playoffs) he's a faster skater-harder shot, better passer, and better defensively, and he's scores tons of OT goals-clutch goals-GW goals.

This is not a slight on Zach ( I'm a big Zach fan) as he'll obviously be our best player as time passes, and I'm hoping he eclipses Patty's achievments in the future.

Zach has youth on his side, Elias is a proven winner with 2 ( 3 cups really) and far more experienced.

We are lucky to have 'em both.

Parise has a better shot than Elias and is definitely a better goal scorer at this point, there is no arguing that. Last 30 goal season Elias had was in 03-04. Parise has also outscored Elias the last two seasons.

Strictly based on performance, the two are similar, however factoring in potential, contracts, and age, Parise has far more value to New Jersey.

Edited by Voros19

Parise has a better shot than Elias and is definitely a better goal scorer at this point, there is no arguing that. Last 30 goal season Elias had was in 03-04. Parise has also outscored Elias the last two seasons.

Strictly based on performance, the two are similar, however factoring in potential, contracts, and age, Parise has far more value to New Jersey.

So I take it you'd dump Elias for draft picks ?

I'm surprised you don't have much value for Elias, did you get to see him play in the late 90's early 2000's ? or are you new to the Devils ? just a question.

So I take it you'd dump Elias for draft picks ?

I'm surprised you don't have much value for Elias, did you get to see him play in the late 90's early 2000's ? or are you new to the Devils ? just a question.

Um, what? The argument was who you value more, Parise or Elias. When did dumping Elias for draft picks come into the equation? Elias is an important piece to the Devils, however not as important as Parise.

And I've been a Devils fan since 1997.

With that much cap space maybe Lou can trade a couple rosters players for Jay....then use FA to fill those holes created. I wouldn't mind signing Dmitri Kalinin, a talented defensmen that would work in our system IMO.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac