Met Gomez tonight

NYCdevil

I was at the Knick game waiting for them to lose when halfway into the first quater Scott Gomez comes and sits right in front of me.. I thought this would be a good time to call him out but I can't deny he's still one of my favorite players.. So after a time-out i took off my devils hat and went "Hey Scotty, can you sign this?" He laughs at says "Are you sure you want me to sign it, or are you gana bash me with something while my hands are busy?" I told him hes still one of my favorites no matter how hard it is to see him in a rangers uniform. He said he appreciated it and didn't get that much when he runs into devils fans.. I asked him if he still kept in touch with anyone from the Devils he said Jay and Gio, but Marty won't even speak to him. We bullsh!tted about how much the knicks sucked then i left him alone. Not a bad guy, but too bad you'll never win another cup again.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gomez is a very friendly...met him at one of the aces games during the lock out.

it's a damn shame that he basically forced us to despise him going to the rangers...

i would have totally been jazzed to watch him on any team outside the atlantic division, or preferably out west...

on a side note marty is hardcore...love it!!! :devil:

I loved him in jersey, and it still pains me to watch him play for the rangers. He's exactly the type of player the devils need right now, both for his talent and his personality. He seems like a really nice and friendly guy, this story and interviews with him seem to confirm it.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

People still go to Knicks games? :huh:

I'm not surprised about the Marty comment, he hates the Rangers as much as any die-hard that sits in the cheap seats (which is one of the many reasons to adore Marty) so he's not gonna be buddy-buddy with him now that he's there.

SD i would hate Gomez if he ruined my rumour credabillity to ........... :P

As for Marty, that is pretty awsome, it's the money thing, Marty took a discount to stay with the Devils and to try and win, and also to make it easier for Lou to sign players like Gomez to larger contracts , share the wealth if you will, and remain competative.

For Gomez to then walk and bring nothing back to the devils whilst taking $10million a year, twice what brodeur is making, is probably whats got Marty mad.

Hell if i refused a pay rise so a guy at work could get a better deal in his current job , then a year an a half later he walked away for twice the money leaving me out of pocket i wouldnt speak to the F**ker.

I heard he eats babies...just saying

I heard he eats babies...just saying

Puppies too. That's word on the street.

BTW, I didn't think it was possible for Marty's stock to get any higher, but then I read a story like this .... I wish the guy could run for President.

I'm not surprised about the Marty comment, he hates the Rangers as much as any die-hard that sits in the cheap seats (which is one of the many reasons to adore Marty) so he's not gonna be buddy-buddy with him now that he's there.

What are Martys thoughts on Johnny Mac? No one was a bigger Devil than Jmac, but he left for blue-er pastures (after a cup of coffee in San Jose) just like Holik and Gomez. I dont remember his take on it at the time but I havent heard any controversy since he's been our Assistant Coach.

Yet another reason to appreciate Marty.

He makes it quite clear in his book how he and Lou feel about the Rangers.

As for Gomer...I hate the fvcker too (as I do anyone who wears a Blowshirt), and some of his post-signing interviews bordered on ridiculous, but in the end all the guy did was exercise a right he had earned.

What are Martys thoughts on Johnny Mac? No one was a bigger Devil than Jmac, but he left for blue-er pastures (after a cup of coffee in San Jose) just like Holik and Gomez. I dont remember his take on it at the time but I havent heard any controversy since he's been our Assistant Coach.

As for Gomer...I hate the fvcker too ..... but in the end all the guy did was exercise a right he had earned.

I was at the Knick game waiting for them to lose when halfway into the first quater Scott Gomez comes and sits right in front of me.. I thought this would be a good time to call him out but I can't deny he's still one of my favorite players.. So after a time-out i took off my devils hat and went "Hey Scotty, can you sign this?" He laughs at says "Are you sure you want me to sign it, or are you gana bash me with something while my hands are busy?" I told him hes still one of my favorites no matter how hard it is to see him in a rangers uniform. He said he appreciated it and didn't get that much when he runs into devils fans.. I asked him if he still kept in touch with anyone from the Devils he said Jay and Gio, but Marty won't even speak to him. We bullsh!tted about how much the knicks sucked then i left him alone. Not a bad guy, but too bad you'll never win another cup again.