Met Gomez tonight

NYCdevil

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are Martys thoughts on Johnny Mac? No one was a bigger Devil than Jmac, but he left for blue-er pastures (after a cup of coffee in San Jose) just like Holik and Gomez. I dont remember his take on it at the time but I havent heard any controversy since he's been our Assistant Coach.

It was heartbreaking to see Bobby in that hideous blue and white uni. I really liked Gomez when he was here, now I can't stand him.

While I certainly don't approve of Gomez's move, I can't blame the guy. We have to see that most players see things a lot differently than hardcore fans. We grew up with the team; for us it is an all or nothing type of deal. Gomez is a player however, he was probably never a fan of the devils growing up, and while he certainly grew close to the organization while here, it is not his team. He went where the money was and I doubt that most of you would not do the same thing at your job. Marty is different and I respect him for that. Him, Stevens, and Daneyko are "devils", to them the name is worth more than the paycheck. Yes, it would have been great if he stayed for less money, but I can't just blatantly bash him for it. Hockey is a job, lets not forget that.

Other than that, I thought Marty not speaking with Gomez is a classic line. Really respect the guy for that. I can only imagine how much Marty gets pissed off when he loses to the Rangers now.

Edited by Biggie B

While I certainly don't approve of Gomez's move, I can't blame the guy. We have to see that most players see things a lot differently than hardcore fans. We grew up with the team; for us it is an all or nothing type of deal. Gomez is a player however, he was probably never a fan of the devils growing up, and while he certainly grew close to the organization while here, it is not his team. He went where the money was and I doubt that most of you would not do the same thing at your job. Marty is different and I respect him for that. Him, Stevens, and Daneyko are "devils", to them the name is worth more than the paycheck. Yes, it would have been great if he stayed for less money, but I can't just blatantly bash him for it. Hockey is a job, lets not forget that.

Other than that, I thought Marty not speaking with Gomez is a classic line. Really respect the guy for that. I can only imagine how much Marty gets pissed off when he loses to the Rangers now.

gomez was leaving regardless because the devils weren't going to pay him what he thought he was worth. i don't hate him for leaving, i hate him for going to the blue skirts. do you notice how nobody(from what i can tell) hates rafalski? i wish brian nothing but the best. he also left for more money, he just didn't go to our biggest rival. that's why i think people respect brian and not gomez.

Puppies too. That's word on the street.

BTW, I didn't think it was possible for Marty's stock to get any higher, but then I read a story like this .... I wish the guy could run for President.

Edited by Deek_1969

gomez was leaving regardless because the devils weren't going to pay him what he thought he was worth. i don't hate him for leaving, i hate him for going to the blue skirts. do you notice how nobody(from what i can tell) hates rafalski? i wish brian nothing but the best. he also left for more money, he just didn't go to our biggest rival. that's why i think people respect brian and not gomez.

:noclue: Why?

I mean, Weeksey and Rachunek were Rags (obviously not to the extend of Gomer was for you, but Rafalksi wasn't a Devil for a long period, either) and I really have no animosity for the two.

I don't know. I mean, it would pain me (considering being a fan of the Rangers) to lose Avery. He's expecting the big bucks, and I don't think he's worth it. Regardless or not what you think of him is irrelevent. The truth of the matter he is - for whatever reason - a positive catalyst for this team. With that being said, if he decides to leave (especially for the isles, flyers, or devs!) I would loathe "the player." But Avery as a person? It's all business, and I would hold no animosity towards the guy.

As someone previously said, this is all business for them. Sure they probably like speciifc teams, etc. but if they don't feel they're not getting what they deserve, then they're going to leave. This is a job for them.