GDT: Devils @ Rags

MadDog2020

This roster is trash. A major move is the only way this team becomes competitive within 3 years. Somebody unexpected is getting moved in a package with some of the D to get 1 legit forward. Lou will get creative in getting 2 other middle 6 speedy forwards.

They need a head coach. No one here is capable.

Oh, and to your point, it looked like beer leaguers vs NHL players. The speed and passing of the Rags was a nice to watch...I'm sure the Devils on the ice would agree.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rags may or may not win it all, I don't think they do. But at least their fans get to watch exciting fast paced games throughout the season. Only one team walks away the winner, no sh!t right? For God sakes this team is even a bigger mess than the last game I sat through. I think a lot of the positive feelings about the defense is more of a reflection of just how brutal the forwards are. For the young guys at least Matteau has the body or an nhl forward. Boucher looks like another undersized HS kid. We've already got plenty of those. Oh well maybe they'll win Tuesday and Lou can pat them and himself on the back for a job well done. Fore.

On a high note....Maybe next season they can add another meet and greet or a skate around with your favorite player. Who cares about winning and playoffs.

You are already complaining about this on another thread.

Plus the on-ice and off-ice operations are run by two different people. Maybe focus on the right side of this and God forbid the Devils do something to attract fans when the on-ice side is falling asleep at the wheel.

The lowest point for this franchise since the Mickey Mouse game, and the alpha posters here thought they'd make the playoffs because Marty was gone.

It's not even the lowest point against the Rangers...that came at Yankee Stadium, or in Game 5 2008 for that matter.  This game was just a sideshow, last year's outdoor fiasco was a huge swing game in the playoff chase.

Edited by NJDevs26

The rags may or may not win it all, I don't think they do. But at least their fans get to watch exciting fast paced games throughout the season. Only one team walks away the winner, no sh!t right? For God sakes this team is even a bigger mess than the last game I sat through. I think a lot of the positive feelings about the defense is more of a reflection of just how brutal the forwards are. For the young guys at least Matteau has the body or an nhl forward. Boucher looks like another undersized HS kid. We've already got plenty of those. Oh well maybe they'll win Tuesday and Lou can pat them and himself on the back for a job well done. Fore.

Gosh, we'd be better off if we never had Lou. I mean what has he really ever done that the past few years hasn't completely washed out?

Maybe Lou can roll out one of the Stanley Cup Champions again next year and we can forget about the mess on the ice, get all nostalgic, and chant "Lou, Lou Lou!" until we're all blue in the face.

You know what I think? I think all Devils fans should cease doing anything positive or having any fun or holding any special celebrations when we are losing. We should embrace the fact that we are losers, that we suck, and that we are worthless; and the only thing that should come out of our mouths are self-deprecating and self-demeaning remarks. Lou should trash his players in his public statements, take shots at his own intelligence and abilities and in all honesty, he should probably commit suicide.

Are you suggesting a "Beat out Zubrus for a Roster Spot" meet and greet?

Nobody beats out Zubrus for a roster spot, that's part of our problem. There has to be at least 2-3 guys in our system that should've gotten that spot before he did. I'd rather have had Boucher or Matteau up here giving it a try.

Maybe Lou can roll out one of the Stanley Cup Champions again next year and we can forget about the mess on the ice, get all nostalgic, and chant "Lou, Lou Lou!" until we're all blue in the face.

Yeah, because god forbid we enjoy ANYTHING in this terrible season. The team is bad and has been for a while. Just don't watch if it makes you so miserable. 

Easy people. I know it totally sucks to be blown out by the Rags, but realistically it's all about the draft right now. And rooting for the Rangers to suffer utter heartbreak in the playoffs. Let's just all agree on that.

The lowest point for this franchise since the Mickey Mouse game, and the alpha posters here thought they'd make the playoffs because Marty was gone.

the lowest point was last year appointing marty brodeur to be the goalie in a big game where the devils needed 2 points and watching him get sh!t on on national TV even after he was staked to a 3 to 1 lead.  this is nothing, the team is out of the playoffs already.

if anything this year makes last year look like more of a fiasco - the Devils had a way better team last year and because of their Brodeur fetish they pissed away a shot at the playoffs.

Edited by Triumph

the winter classic rags game was worse, this one sucked but Im over it already. we know our fate now.  that winter game stung for a week

the roster has gotten away from lou, and we have a serious down turn that needs to be fixed, oh well, thats the reality.  no need to crap all over our past success

one more year of zubrus getting DZS on a checking line wont be the end of the world, getting top 3 talent will be the difference

bad night for merril

Tuesday is going to be an absolute blood bath in the stands. I'm looking forward to watching those antics more than the actual game.

This team isn't going to be any better next year. Lou has to go. Missing the playoffs 4 of the past 5 seasons is worth getting fired no matter who you are and when it becomes 5 of the past 6 seasons than there is no possibility of any more excuses.

It's time for a change.

This team isn't going to be any better next year. Lou has to go. Missing the playoffs 4 of the past 5 seasons is worth getting fired no matter who you are and when it becomes 5 of the past 6 seasons than there is no possibility of any more excuses.

It's time for a change.

+1,000,000

Edited by slasher72

the lowest point was last year appointing marty brodeur to be the goalie in a big game where the devils needed 2 points and watching him get sh!t on on national TV even after he was staked to a 3 to 1 lead.  this is nothing, the team is out of the playoffs already.

if anything this year makes last year look like more of a fiasco - the Devils had a way better team last year and because of their Brodeur fetish they pissed away a shot at the playoffs.

I think the lowest point was probably game 5, 2008. First year in the new building and it ends with the Rangers (and Gomez, and Avery who was public enemy #1 then) celebrating a series win on our home ice in a series that they really didn't definitely outplay us. They outgoalied us though.