They're effin with us, right?

thelastonealive

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=624196&cmpid=nhl-rxl-twt

NHL.com has two mock drafts (one eastern scout, one western scout) based on current standings. Here's who the eastern scout has us picking:

22 NEW JERSEY DEVILS

Stefan Matteau, C, USA U-18 (USHL)

SKINNY: High-energy power winger plays with a nasty edge; no fun to play against, and he can score.

...Yes, it's his son.

Meanwhile, the western scout says:

22 NEW JERSEY DEVILS

Martin Frk, C, Halifax (QMJHL)

SKINNY: Seems like he has been around forever; has good overall skills, hard to not like him here.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=624196&cmpid=nhl-rxl-twt

NHL.com has two mock drafts (one eastern scout, one western scout) based on current standings. Here's who the eastern scout has us picking:

...Yes, it's his son.

Meanwhile, the western scout says:

Lmfao. If we draft Stephane Matteau's son, that would pretty much be irony personified.

Why did we trade it away or something?

If it is the Kovy penalty, then we don't know for sure since Lou hasn't submitted it as far as I know.

He doesn't have to submit it until after the season and can do so anytime up until 2014. Hopefully though, we end up having the last pick in the first round. Still, I would exercise the option if we draft anywhere beyond 20. Nathan McKinnon, who's supposed to be a beast, is draft eligible next year. Would hate to potentially miss out on that if we're awful next year.

Edited by Daniel

Can Lou decide to forfeit his pick AT the draft? Is there any sort of deadline that he needs to decide by before the draft?

After the Stanley Cup final. I can't find anything more specific, but I could swear I remember reading that it was within 48 hours of the conclusion of the SCF. So realistically, they've got up until two-ish weeks before the draft.

He doesn't have to submit it until after the season and can do so anytime up until 2014. Hopefully though, we end up having the last pick in the first round. Still, I would exercise the option if we draft anywhere beyond 20. Nathan McKinnon, who's supposed to be a beast, is draft eligible next year. Would hate to potentially miss out on that if we're awful next year.

True and I have heard that this draft year is pretty weak outside the top 4 or so picks. If that is true even if we possibly get a little above 20 I wouldn't mind Lou forfeiting this year's pick.

Martin Frk? With the scratch Lou would likely pay him, it'd take a good long while before he could finally afford to buy a vowel. Poor kid.

Nice DIG...good one.

True and I have heard that this draft year is pretty weak outside the top 4 or so picks. If that is true even if we possibly get a little above 20 I wouldn't mind Lou forfeiting this year's pick.

At the beginning of the season, everyone was saying that this was going to be a strong draft. Now, it seems that the "experts" have begun to change their opinion about the depth of the first round.

I would be surprised if Lou doesn't give up this year's pick. There's no guarantee we make the playoffs next season, especially without Zach if he chooses to leave. At least we know that this year's pick won't be a lottery pick. The safe bet is to give it up.

I think I mentioned Stefan Matteau on a previous thread a month or 2 ago.

I wish we would take him just to have him score on the Rags in overtime in the playoffs. The arena would collapse under the weight of the huge amount of irony.

The universe as we know it would cease to exist.