New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.foxsportswest.com/07/11/10/Kings-Will-Meet-with-Ilya-Kovalchuk-on-M/landing.html?blockID=269742&feedID=3707

Even if a deal is reached it likely wouldn't be announced until after Tuesday's Major League Baseball All-Star game in Anaheim.
Center Jarret Stoll also met Kovalchuk, as did defenseman Matt Greene. "It seemed like he cares about being here and hopefully playing for the Kings," Stoll said. "He wants to win, and that's the most important thing for anybody to say and to think."

She looks weird because she had her lips done. The bitches in LA will also say she had bad cheek implants and chin work because of odd dimples and strange puffiness - though I really don't think so - what do I know though? :noclue:

the right side of her face does look swollen but I think that's just her. and of course her eyes look cool yet weird because you can see the white below her iris at all times - like susan Sarrandon but hooded lids make it look weirder. Her body is weird to me -- guys like that though that sort of barrel chested look - no it's not her knockers boys. Weird because to me it send my health alarm bells off - she's a poor genetic package but - fake lips fake tan fake LOTS can dupe testosterone :evil:

If she seriously wants a music career then she would be in NYC. All my friends seemed like just local bands and I turn around and they're on the cover of freaking Rolling Stone... :blink: All of my actor friends went out west - failed because they were too busy fvcking around -- came BACK to NYC and got cast in jobs out there - THEN relocated successfully. You do NOT get the weird drug induced adoration in NYC -- well :unsure: you CAN but - it's just easier to see it for what it is.

fact is -- she wants to day dream. LA you can peripherally be involved in the business get told how hot you are and never actually succeed. Oddly enough my former managers daughter was a famous rock star -- though I'd never heard of her... turns out she was actually Heidi Fleiss's replacement as Hollywood madam. how weird is that???

I hate stupidity and just fvcked up values. It's sad. it's sad because it's built on nothing - it is unsustainable - so it can't be REAL happiness, you know?

BUT -- that is a whole other kettle of fish.

If Kovalchuk goes to LA fine. He's not committed to hockey enough for the Devils. It was all a big line. I suspected as much but I'm so anti-finesse I figured I'd try to buy into this. Plus Manta's blanket lack of trust just annoyed me :uni: If he does have to come here I think people have to assume he IS that committed - not that the team is second fiddle. LA has shown they want him -- they just cant' outweigh his love for hockey. That is something yo've got to respect when you see the HUGE pressure that is being placed on him. If he can't come to terms that IS his decision. He wants to live the dream one way or the other. there is urgency ... because his wife is aging. She cannot wait until he retired to pursue her dreams. How sad is that... her dream is what then? That business just breaks my heart...

It's now time to start giving Langenbrunner some love. The guy is just a little bit lost. I've been bashing him but he needs some help getting on track -- he needs to be reassured he's not really off track just not focused.

He also reported on Sunday that the saga is over and that he would announce signing with the Kings on Monday, after World Cup is over. Not sure how credible that guy is.

and was one of the guys saying the Kings were done like a week ago. Who knows? Maybe he is right this time, but he's being a reporter/entertainer and being definitive about every statement because nobody is paying attention to you if your answer to a sports question is "I dunno, could go either way"

so the twitter message before basically said kovy was a king, now he stating the obvious: "Kovy has to say yes or no." But he isn't exactly a king in that case yet.

Actually he says KINGS must say yes / no, even better. It's obvious he's a Kings fan and he wants to see them sign him.

Kovy meetings with LA mgmt, coaches & players went well. He wants LA. Kings must say yes/ no. How many clubs wish they were in this spot?

None? The Kings have said "NO" twice already, how much more begging can Kovy do for them to sign him.

Here's what I think.

Chances of Kovy going to the...

Kings: 75%

Devils: 20%

KHL: 4%

Other: 1%

What do you guys think?

Kings: 90%

Find New teams

to plead with: 5%

Devils: 0%

None? The Kings have said "NO" twice already, how much more begging can Kovy do for them to sign him.

Kings: 90%

Find New teams

to plead with: 5%

Devils: 0%

That sounds more like the % of where Kovy wants to go, not where he will end up. :P

I say Lou should withdraw his offer and start looking somewhere else. No use being second choice if the Kings deal falls through. It would suck having been second choice for Kovy and wondering if he's really giving his best for the team.

Why would he play less hard just because LA wouldn't give him the salary he wants?

And how are the Devils being hurt by waiting for Kovalchuk? Which moves would they definitely be making if the Devils were out? I would argue the Devils wouldn't be making any moves anyway, until at least prospects camp is over.

I say Lou should withdraw his offer and start looking somewhere else. No use being second choice if the Kings deal falls through. It would suck having been second choice for Kovy and wondering if he's really giving his best for the team.

I think almost everybody on this forum would agree with your post for the waiting part but for the giving his best thing i dont know.

Edited by SS-SS

Yes as I said before - Kovalchuk can sign with LA -- he could have since July 1st.

The way I am seeing this - LA is a compromise for him. It MUST be worth his while to move there. If he wants to play hockey and win - then he has NJ to sign with. If he wants to live an ideal lifestyle, it must be LA, and he MUST have the additional cash to spend there. I know NJ isn't his ideal spot - but if he had no family it's where he'd go.

YES - He has gone out there to woo them, because he's got some convincing to do. He must convince them he's there to play not live the lifestyle. Well... it's pretty funny really! LA is saying "We are not going to win. You are not signing here to win - CLEARLY! PROVE to us you're even worth it."

Well he can't is the fact of the matter. Because he's not there to win. He can't carry a team on his back - he proved that in Atlanta.

Sucks to be him. Sucks to be LA. Really, NJ is in the best position as far as clarity of purpose all around.

Lou is a sh!tty liar and knows it -- so he MUST operate truthfully. He has myriad ways to say STFU. But I've seen it in action -- he's such a sh!tty liar that it's 100x the hassle getting things done. So he operates truthfully - because the truth gets things done with little to no surprises.

Wow, I can't believe George Steinbrenner died. Kinda trumps any possible Kovy news for awhile.

:o

Kovalchuk is a "novelty item" that a team of our fabric would like to see on the roster in "fantasy." Trust me, long term Ilya Kovalchuk would not fit the bill in NJ. He is a very "one direction" player, and in a league where speed and athleticism are very common, Kovy's skills would not shine as well these days as they would maybe 20 years ago.

Nothing against Europeans, but their frame of mind is warped, especially in Russia. They are driven by the almighty dollar and motivation to sacrifice for the "greater good" of an organization or community certainly doesn't compel them. In all fairness to Kovy, that's his right, so we can't fault him. There are a few Russians that I would not lump into this category (Brylin, Nemchinov, etc.).

I'm excited if he signs with LA as he will be about 3,000 miles away, and we really don't have to worry about him much. Also, that frees us up to make some moves to build our future.

We need players of the mold of Eric Staal, Henrik Zetterberg, Zdeno Chara (younger version if he's available)to fit the Devils fabric.

Ironically, a guy like Sydney Crosby would fit very well here, although our chances of getting him any time this century are as good as Lamoriello becoming GM of the Rangers.

Wishfull thinking I guess...

Another long Kovy article: http://www.theglobea...article1636911/

Kovalchuk, Kings taking smart approach to NHL marriage

Kovalchuk05_744603gm-a.jpg

New Jersey Devils left wing Ilya Kovalchuk grins as he comes to the bench after the Devils scored against the Toronto Maple Leafs in the first period of their NHL hockey game in Newark, New Jersey, February 5, 2010. REUTERS/Ray Stubblebine

Pair quite happy to bide their time in determining if their relationship can work long term

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

Kovalchuk is a "novelty item" that a team of our fabric would like to see on the roster in "fantasy." Trust me, long term Ilya Kovalchuk would not fit the bill in NJ. He is a very "one direction" player, and in a league where speed and athleticism are very common, Kovy's skills would not shine as well these days as they would maybe 20 years ago.

First off, Kovy's skills are not in ANY way, "Very common"

Nothing against Europeans, but their frame of mind is warped, especially in Russia. They are driven by the almighty dollar and motivation to sacrifice for the "greater good" of an organization or community certainly doesn't compel them. In all fairness to Kovy, that's his right, so we can't fault him. There are a few Russians that I would not lump into this category (Brylin, Nemchinov, etc.).

We need players of the mold of Eric Staal, Henrik Zetterberg, Zdeno Chara (younger version if he's available)to fit the Devils fabric.

:doh1: Read that aloud to yourself.

I guess we're also screwed because every FA we've signed so far is European (2 from Sweden, 1 from Russia) I guess Volchenkov is not the type of player who makes a TEAM better?

I'm excited if he signs with LA as he will be about 3,000 miles away, and we really don't have to worry about him much. Also, that frees us up to make some moves to build our future.

Ironically, a guy like Sydney Crosby would fit very well here, although our chances of getting him any time this century are as good as Lamoriello becoming GM of the Rangers.

Wishfull thinking I guess...

Based on what I've seen of Kovalchuk in a Devil uniform, and based on the games I've seen him play against the Devils, I believe you're right. Nice post.

no announcement from kovie today, he doesn't want to be overshadowed by the all star game, tomorrow is steinbrenner's funeral for 3-4 days, so he doesn't want to be shadowed by that. next week there is a strawberry picking festival, so he doesn't want to be shadowed by that. the man likes his sun.