Merrill Signs with the Devils

ZeroGravityFat

i wouldnt trade Harrold, he seems to have better jumps, better hands and better shot than most of our dmen. We need that. Plus he's younger than most too.

not to mention a very reasonable price (projecting 2014).  I would think some team would be calling Lou for an inexpensive puck mover .  Assuming Fayne is not for sale I'd view harrold as valuable trade bait   although I too would like to resign him if zid is gone next year

btw why are they doing this to fayne?

not to mention a very reasonable price (projecting 2014).  I would think some team would be calling Lou for an inexpensive puck mover .  Assuming Fayne is not for sale I'd view harrold as valuable trade bait   although I too would like to resign him if zid is gone next year

btw why are they doing this to fayne?

i dont know but i dont like it... obviously we have no clue Deboer obviously sat down with him and explained him why.

But again you can be who you want it's frustrating to sit while you see guys playing that shouldnt, they are pros and they won't say a thing but it's certainly hard on you and frustrating.

Well, you have to figure one of those guys graduates to full-time duty in the NHL, whether it's Gelinas, Urbom, or Merrill.

That makes next year's A-Devs

2 of Gelinas/Urbom/Merrill

Burlon

Scarlett

But there it's a mystery, the Devils re-signed Young but I bet he's moved to forward, Hraberenka and McPherson are on AHL contracts, Kelly's RFA but hasn't impressed (afaik), Leach is probably on the way out, Corrente can't stay healthy - then you've got guys outside the NHL like Helgeson who aren't tearing it up. And I saw the mystery man Stepan Stepanov got in a game a few weeks ago, so I guess he's in the mix too.

I think they'll bring in a veteran, whether that's keeping Corrente or adding from outside the organization, I don't know, but Albany doesn't look that logjammed to me unless I am forgetting someone. By the time Severson arrives, Urbom is waiver eligible and would probably be gone or in the NHL.

Can we really look at it this way...you need your protypical veteran defensmen on the roster then you also need to give development time as well. There are too many quality young defenseman on that roster for next year. I see one getting packaged.

Can we really look at it this way...you need your protypical veteran defensmen on the roster then you also need to give development time as well. There are too many quality young defenseman on that roster for next year. I see one getting packaged.

This strikes me as one of those non-problems.  Throw in 2 veteran D and include Hraberenka and McPherson and that's 8 guys.  The issue is clearing up the NHL depth chart so one of the rookies gets their chance next year.