2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

In a way it's kind of a good thing in that if Schneider gives the indication that he doesn't want to say, it's just another team that's desperate for a goalie, and will up his trade value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Except we're not trading him to Pittsburgh period.  Unless they want to give us Crosby or Malkin.

Either way, the loser of Pens-Jackets may well have a new goalie by the end of next year if not sooner.

He's been awful in this series too, and he's only signed through next year.  I do agree of the two Fleury's got the shorter leash but they're not going to be in a rush to sign Bob long-term atm.

He has a .926 SV% for Columbus.  Some management teams are dumb enough to throw away good goalies on the basis of one playoff series, but I don't think Columbus is.

Taresenko again! Good job Dallas to by the way. Feel bad if Selanne doesn't go though. And i think Columbus will do everything in their power to keep Bob. No one better will be available. Would be stupid.

Dam Bickells

Edited by CarterforPresident

Yikes. Marc-Andre struggling again in the playoffs. If he can't turn things around will he be on his way out of Pittsburgh. Dan Bylsma may be on his way out as well if they lose.

Does anyone else agree with this? I think the Pens would be okay if they had Vokoun backing up as another option.  Zatkoff is hardly a proven backup.  I think in addition to MA Fleury being terrible in clutch/playoff situations, the Pittsburgh defense has been horrid.  They think that Paul Martin is a god, which while he is speedy and can shut down guys okay, but I think the Pens defense is being exposed in this series.  I'm really pulling for CBJ in this series.  They have Stempniak playing on the top line with Crosby and Kunitz, that's a joke. 

More poor playoff play from Fleury, he's done, going to CGY, or NYI, EDM, maybe Tampa.  I predict Bylsma is done if they get beaten by the BJackets in the first round. I mean, then again, the Pens struggled last year against NYI, and I feel they had a stronger roster last year.

Edited by RizzMB30

Man I don't know who has more bandwagon fans: The Blackhawks or the Penguins.

Blackhawks, for sure. As far as this area's concerned, there are a number of Pittsburgh residents living in New York; good colleges there land them good jobs in NYC which is the nearest mega-city, really. So I trust that a good amount of the Pens fans that come to The Rock are more or less legit.

But Chicago?... How many people around here you know that have roots in Chicago? Every kid I've ever seen in (usually) a brand new Blackhawks jersey talking smack at The Rock had the Jersey/New York accent to boot... schmucks.

Does anyone else agree with this? I think the Pens would be okay if they had Vokoun backing up as another option.  Zatkoff is hardly a proven backup.  I think in addition to MA Fleury being terrible in clutch/playoff situations, the Pittsburgh defense has been horrid.  They think that Paul Martin is a god, which while he is speedy and can shut down guys okay, but I think the Pens defense is being exposed in this series.  I'm really pulling for CBJ in this series.  They have Stempniak playing on the top line with Crosby and Kunitz, that's a joke. 

More poor playoff play from Fleury, he's done, going to CGY, or NYI, EDM, maybe Tampa.  I predict Bylsma is done if they get beaten by the BJackets in the first round. I mean, then again, the Pens struggled last year against NYI, and I feel they had a stronger roster last year.

Yeah I've kept thinking Fleury or Bylsma are the end of their leash every postseason, but I've always been wrong.

I don't think the 3rd goal was that bad. It's not really Fluery's fault the puck bounces over his stick, he didn't mishandle it or anything. Maybe he should have stayed in his net, but the blue jackets won the race to the puck as it were and maybe they score anyway and the conversation becomes about Fluery being too timid to pay the puck.

The OT goal was way worse, he has to stop a half speed, clear vision shot from way above the circles.