Second Annual Devils / St. Patrick's Day Newark Bar Crawl

DaneykoIsGod

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.. Yeah seriously they discredit themselves by opening their mouths.. I have a TON of respect for guys like RD and CR who are established members making mature posts to prove a point.. Hell, I'd skip drinking on the crawl based solely on CR's opinion because I have a ton of respect for him.. But when I hear someone I've never seen post before come on and just name-call and make incorrect assumptions, well, you just can't respect it.. Yup, I pay for college and season tickets with my allowance hahaha.. Especially when I'm trying to help DiG get this back on track.. Very sorry DiG I'll take the hit on this one.. I owe you a shot and a mature thread ;)

I appreciate the kind words Colin. I'm definitely not trying to come off as Pauly Preachy here, and I've got PLENTY of skeletons in my closet. Trust me, if you could get yourself a DeLorean with a flux capacitor, head back to 1991 and find the 20-going-on-21 Colorado Rockies 1976 from THAT era, not only would he be very likely to join you on your illegal quest, he'd make sure that he had some nice pre-game reefer to get things started. Heh heh.

I guess what happens as you get older (five months 'till I turn 40) is that "What do I have to lose?" takes on a different meaning. When you're 20 or so, it doesn't seem like you have much. The older you get, the more it seems you have at risk. When I was 20, I couldn't have given a flying fvck if a bar served me because I was underage...I just didn't think of it that way...I just thought about having my fun and my pals and that was it. Now that I'm a part business-owner, in a way I guess I sympathize what they have to lose, but at the same time, a business that isn't doing its job probably doesn't deserve to stay in business. All they have to do is card every patron and they won't get in trouble, fake IDs nothwithstanding, and their problems will be minimal.

But anyway, glad you appreciate my viewpoint, don't mean to be a downer. So now I'll STFU.

Hey Im no saint! when i was 18 nj raised the drinking age from 19 to 21 so i feel your frustation, I snuck into many bars(esp.Paterson gogo bars)But these bars by The Rock are high end establishments that probably costed 250Gs just to open the doors.Try doing what we did, Pitch in $20. ea. with your buddies get someone over 21 to buy 2cases of beer and ahalf oz. of weed,hike into the woods get wasted, then go to Willowbrook mall and meet chicks. It worked for us.

• 4 weeks later...

So apparently the Devils screwed up our ticket order for the St. Patty's Day game. I haven't gotten the full story from my buddy who ordered the tickets yet, but apparently we were supposed to be sitting in 215 and they sent the wrong tickets, but one phone call and a friendly ticket rep helped get everything straightened out. Now we're sitting in section 12 (upgrade!).

Also, apparently we aren't the only ones who had our ticket order screwed up. Heads up.

Edit: The error was that they sent us tickets for the March 12 game instead of March 17.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

Hmmm ... should probably get crackin on this ...

How does meeting at Newark Penn at 1:00 p.m. sound to everyone? Then we can all make the walk to Kilkenny together and get this bastard rolling.

1:00P.M. sounds good to me. But where exactly at the Penn Station we gonna met up?? @ Blue Comet??? @ That pizza joint???

1:00P.M. sounds good to me. But where exactly at the Penn Station we gonna met up?? @ Blue Comet??? @ That pizza joint???

That whole big area in the middle between the pizza joint and the liquor store is where we met up last year. That should work again this year.

Also, NJ Transit has changed its schedule and now it looks like a bunch of us won't arrive until 1:12. So let's say we'll meet somewhere in the 1:00-1:30 neighborhood, with the crawl kicking off at 1:30. If that doesn't work for anyone, adjustments can be made.

It's almost that time! Just a reminder, we're meeting in Newark Penn at 1:30. I think most of us know each other from previous crawls and whatnot, but if you're new and aren't sure, just find the biggest group of people wearing Devils gear and odds are that's us. We'll be congregated either in the bar or in the area just outside the bar/pizza joint/liquor store.

Any questions, ask 'em here. Time's running out.

Also, the map and list of bars in order is in the first post in this thread. I don't have the photoshop skills to combine the two.

I would like to come!! I work in Newark and from Jersey City so I will be there that afternoon!! I'm lookin forward to it!! I'll be sure to come into work extra early to be out on time!! :burn::evil::dance:

FYI: I'll be wearing my new throwback Brodeur jersey!!

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673

We'll be congregated either in the bar or in the area just outside the bar/pizza joint/liquor store.

That said, eating pizza from said pizza joint, probably isn't a good idea, lol. Though I hear the box does make a fine weapon/rain shield.

Speaking of rain, it doesn't look like a rain shield is needed, as I've been watching the forecasts for Weds the last couple days, and it keeps getting better each day, lol. First forecast I saw was sunny and in the 50's, then sunny and low 60's, now sunny and 66. Can't wait!

So here would be my birthday week schedule:

- 17th: Get WASTED on the Bar Crawl

- 19th: Get SMASHED for my birthday

- 20th: Get HAMMERED at the game vs. the Blues (my Platinum Lounge game which means open bar)

A week to never remember :cheers:

Awesome week!