Photo

Chat Moderators and a request about the GD Chats...

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

Chat is a fun way to watch the game with other forum members. The chat room is more personal as well as a bit more laid back about the game itself than the game day threads. Since the chat is in real time personal insults and complaints tend to be taken more personally. Negativity can quickly take away from the enjoyment of the game chat, with this in mind I have promoted a couple of chat regulars to better moderate the chat.

I have asked them to warn before taking an actions, but I will support any further action they take. They can kick as well as ban, if ban is enacted it will be up to you to appeal the process.

The following posters were promoted...

DevilsRule33
JasonMacissac
Smantzas
Sundstrom
Triumph

They join Sarge18, RSC and ElDiablo.

Thanks guys for helping out.

Hope to see you all in chat!

#2 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

Great choices, I always enjoy the game chats. I've been slacking lately about getting in there for the games.

#3 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

Hey! Not cool! Triumph is going to ban me like every second! I don't say negative things I'm just inane!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#4 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

Hey! Not cool! Triumph is going to ban me like every second! I don't say negative things I'm just inane!

don't antagonize the chat and there won't be a problem. honestly, i won't do anything unless other people have an issue.

Edited by Triumph, 19 March 2012 - 10:34 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#5 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

don't antagonize the chat and there won't be a problem. honestly, i won't do anything unless other people have an issue.

You know pretty well I don't antagonize the chat. I typically say really stupid stuff(that I know is stupid) and it gets your goat because you think I'm serious.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#6 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

Good call all around..the chats can get a little bit crazy

Who's leg do you have to hump to get on that exclusive list?! ;)

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#7 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

You know pretty well I don't antagonize the chat. I typically say really stupid stuff(that I know is stupid) and it gets your goat because you think I'm serious.

right, so that's what i'm saying. chat away, enjoy yourself. you won't have any problem unless people other than me get upset.

Edited by Triumph, 19 March 2012 - 10:37 PM.

#8 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

right, so that's what i'm saying. chat away, enjoy yourself. you won't have any problem unless people other than me get upset.

Look, it's not personal. I appreciate your knack for numbers and your input, but you know 100% that the first time SMT3 or I say something you don't agree with you're going to bounce them. I've seen SMT3 get bounced multiple times for just saying things that can be irritating but not over the line.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#9 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

Look, it's not personal. I appreciate your knack for numbers and your input, but you know 100% that the first time SMT3 or I say something you don't agree with you're going to bounce them. I've seen SMT3 get bounced multiple times for just saying things that can be irritating but not over the line.

if you think this way then it probably will happen. i'm giving you my assurance that i won't kick you for saying something i don't agree with.

#10 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

if you think this way then it probably will happen. i'm giving you my assurance that i won't kick you for saying something i don't agree with.

What worries me is your tendency to go ape$hit when I say stuff that is clearly meant to be taken tongue in cheek.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#11 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

carp - there will be MULTIPLE warnings - it's saying stupid things repeatedly just to be stupid that aggravate multiple people - that's what's gonna be met with a kick. a ban would be something super serious.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#12 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

carp - there will be MULTIPLE warnings - it's saying stupid things repeatedly just to be stupid that aggravate multiple people - that's what's gonna be met with a kick. a ban would be something super serious.

Hey. I say stupid things just to say stupid things sometimes. My fear is that eventually no one will say anything that is disagreeable with a mod and no one will clown around. It'll all just be yes men on chat. So boring.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#13 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

Is there an option to block someone in the chat?

#14 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

Wow. I love all the assurances coming from all the guys who happen to be chat moderators now. :rolleyes:

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#15 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

No SH, I have complained multiple times to the software company about the inability to just ignore specific users but they don't think it is worth the time.

#16 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

Is there an option to block someone in the chat?

Oy vey! Just set the Devils 03 cup championship dvd to repeat and keep telling yourself it's going to be okay.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#17 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

Oy vey! Just set the Devils 03 cup championship dvd to repeat and keep telling yourself it's going to be okay.

Thank you for backing up the reasons why I have you on ignore. I knew I shouldn't have clicked view anyway. Complete waste of time.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 19 March 2012 - 11:14 PM.

#18 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

Thank you for backing up the reasons why I have you on ignore. I knew I shouldn't have clicked view anyway. Complete waste of time.

I'm glad you have an electronic method of putting your fingers in your ears and saying, "Lalala I'm not listening. Lalala!"

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#19 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Oh I see, just more people to boot me.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#20 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

so no more chat for me...stay classy

in case anyone was wondering JasonmacIsaac had a cry baby session tonight that set this sh!t off

Edited by lazer, 19 March 2012 - 11:26 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users