Viewing party at the Prudential Center for Game 7

NJDevs4978

Funny how if they did this in Canada or other markets they could fill the building and then some, but do it here and it's one complaint after another over what's basically a free event to attend, other than a lousy couple bucks to split parking with another person.

And yes, I wouldn't blame people for not showing up because of the game time, that's brutal. But complaining about most of the other stuff is silly.

majority of the people on this board complain about something.

it's a nice gesture, don't go if you don't want to.

But bashing it for no reason is just stupid.

The cost of opening the building is more than the little money the team will make.

Can the Devils management ever catch a break on this site, holy sh!t

I wish they were doing something at Texas Arizona again. I cant bear the Rock and their prices when you can go to a better place with better food. It also seems weird going to watch a game in the arena on TV.

I'm sure people will show up to Texas Arizona anyway.

I think I'm going to Texas Arizona tomorrow night with some people. Let's bombard their Twitter with requests to put the Devils sound on! Strength in numbers...

I wish they were doing something at Texas Arizona again. I cant bear the Rock and their prices when you can go to a better place with better food. It also seems weird going to watch a game in the arena on TV.

Yuck went to 2 viewing parties there and they both sucked.. Treated it like they had them just to make more money.. Provided my full rant on HF.. Never going back there to watch another game

Yuck went to 2 viewing parties there and they both sucked.. Treated it like they had them just to make more money.. Provided my full rant on HF.. Never going back there to watch another game

Well that sucks. Ive been there quite a few times, but not attended any of the previous viewing parties.

Just wondering, what happened at Texas Arizona?

I went to about 6 viewing parties this past year, only 1 or 2 did I really enjoy.

banned from the Rock? for what?

Start of OT 3 fans sitting next to me and my girl were stand up and cheering, security got involved and were trying to eject them. Mean while I have 4 security guards standing in front of me, so I told them I can't see the game . One security guard told my fiancé to " shut the f*ck up , we're trying to do our jobs"

So I stood up to watch the game cause I couldt see a thing, next thing I know I'm getting told to leave cause I'm standing. I took it as a joke and didn't even react to them. Next thing I know Im getting dragged out by 5 security guards.

That got to the top of the concourse, the arena erupts cause we scored. I'm not happy with the prudential center or the devils at the way this is being handled. We pay a lot of money for season tickets, and I get treated like a criminal.

I mean, it is a bar in Hoboken of all places. I say it that way because most of the bars in Hoboken charge COVER just to get in! So, for me, a place that's showing the game on multiple screens and possibly with the sound on is good enough for me. But I'm a really easy customer! I'd sit in a parking lot with bums if they had a TV to huddle around.

Start of OT 3 fans sitting next to me and my girl were stand up and cheering, security got involved and were trying to eject them. Mean while I have 4 security guards standing in front of me, so I told them I can't see the game . One security guard told my fiancé to " shut the f*ck up , we're trying to do our jobs"

So I stood up to watch the game cause I couldt see a thing, next thing I know I'm getting told to leave cause I'm standing. I took it as a joke and didn't even react to them. Next thing I know Im getting dragged out by 5 security guards.

That got to the top of the concourse, the arena erupts cause we scored. I'm not happy with the prudential center or the devils at the way this is being handled. We pay a lot of money for season tickets, and I get treated like a criminal.

Is there is a rule against standing up in front of your seat at the Rock?

I mean, it is a bar in Hoboken of all places. I say it that way because most of the bars in Hoboken charge COVER just to get in! So, for me, a place that's showing the game on multiple screens and possibly with the sound on is good enough for me. But I'm a really easy customer! I'd sit in a parking lot with bums if they had a TV to huddle around.

Huddled around a TV in a parking lot with bums is the way to go! I'll bring the booze =)

You should have told them that you were just following Kevin Clark's orders to STAND UP AND MAKE....SOME.....NNNNOOOIIISSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!

You should have told them that you were just following Kevin Clark's orders to STAND UP AND MAKE....SOME.....NNNNOOOIIISSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!

I brought up Kevin Clark a dozen times when I was in the security room. I understand that alls I have to do is write a letter of apololigy and I'll be reinstated. Which I am doing. But this issue is leaving a bad taste in mouth

I brought up Kevin Clark a dozen times when I was in the security room. I understand that alls I have to do is write a letter of apololigy and I'll be reinstated. Which I am doing. But this issue is leaving a bad taste in mouth

It would too for me.

Was one of the security guards the big goofy looking guy with the bad hair plugs?

That really sucks. I'd be too stubborn/pissed to fake an apology letter but good for you for being the bigger man. Just wondering, if you get banned from an arena, wouldn't it be hard for them to find you again? Sure they have cameras and security at the doors but I doubt they actively search for people throughout the night. I'd just wear a hat or something but that's just me. :P

Is there is a rule against standing up in front of your seat at the Rock?

How can there be a rule against it when they sanction fans standing in 122?

It's not polite to do it in other sections when others may not want to stand (like the two guys in 120 that were trying to get everyone to stand, but when they did I literally couldn't see anything unless I stood), but it's not something you should get thrown out for unless you got warned and didn't abide by the request.

It's especially tacky of them to hassle you if it was other security guards causing you to stand, but our ushers do have a rep for hassling our fans and letting other team's fans slide.

Edited by NJDevs4978

It would too for me.

Was one of the security guards the big goofy looking guy with the bad hair plugs?

One had weird braids in a pony tail, one had chipped up teeth, and another was younger and he was the first to put his hands on my neck

Just wondering, what happened at Texas Arizona?

I went to about 6 viewing parties this past year, only 1 or 2 did I really enjoy.

Well it's a small place and the let all of the after work happy hour crowd in so half the tables had people in suits trying to carry conversations and they were not watching the game.. Ok fine

So we put our name down 45 minutes before puck drop.. Halfway through the game we realize that people are just jumping on tables as they open up and the bar isn't using their list.. So we had to sit outside on a chilly night and look through windows and people to catch glimpses of the game

Then they advertise $5 Jamison shots after the win, so next time my waitress comes by I go to town with my buddies.. Bill comes and we got charged $7 per shot.. I argue and the waitress goes "oh that expired by the time you ordered".. Well yeah it took you 20 minutes to come back to our table, what was I supposed to do

And I'll add that the reason they keep getting parties is cause a higher up with the team, or maybe its a player, is related to the owner so he keeps demanding that he get the prime viewing parties.. These parties are a service to good, local NJ bars, not some money-making birthright you deserve because you know someone with some pull on the inside