STH...Devils/Rangers @ Yankee Stadium

Blown01NJ

They've been doing the standing part since they started years ago in various different sections. That's what the idea was, that they stayed standing and cheering for the whole game. And it's 43 games for $100, so I could definitely see how some people would jump on it.

Hell, I even considered it for a second to save a couple thousand dollars, until I realized I only go to about 20 or so games a year these days haha

Yea I don't really get the distaste and critique on us except for one person in the arena. My personal goal, and the goal of the large majority by my side is to stand the whole game and cheer. No other agenda of wanting to be the bestest fan or any of that bs. Every big team i know in europe has fractions that support on their own ways, we discussed it with the organization and they understand that multiple groups are a healthy thing, they don't want to force our style on the whole arena obviously. We are there to do what the cheerleaders or the annoying pa guy can't do and get you to cheer. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't have any problem with you guys or your intent. I think the concept is a good one - except for the vuvuzellas which i fing hate. The problem is with the execution, including the sparse turnout of people in that section during games last season. That may be on the team and their prior ticket policies, I don't know. But there is no doubt that participation has declined year to year since it first started. I think this change will have a positive effect in the group and arena atmosphere.

I personally don't have any problem with you guys or your intent. I think the concept is a good one - except for the vuvuzellas which i fing hate. The problem is with the execution, including the sparse turnout of people in that section during games last season. That may be on the team and their prior ticket policies, I don't know. But there is no doubt that participation has declined year to year since it first started. I think this change will have a positive effect in the group and arena atmosphere.

Last season we got screwed by the lockout. Devils sold the tickets in our section to anyone and everyone to make sure they had fans in the building so it was all random people who had no intention to cheer or stand. We will be back pretty solid this year from what i can tell on our facebook account. the horn guy is the pace keeper, i can see how it can be annoying but we do get tired cheering for 60 mins, so it's good to have some extra sound so i don't lose my voice every game.

ive been thinking about calling and inquiring a little more about this.. would anyone be interested in trying this out and splitting? i know i can only attend about half of a season theres no way i could make every game just dont live close enough or have the time. .. i dont know how they could possibly enforce the whole standing thing whats an usher going to come yell at me if im sitting? as soon as he walks up the stairs ill sit right back down if i choose.

What was it for? All it says now is:

We're sorry! All Diablos 122 Supporter Section seats have been filled. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Is it $100 for the entire season but you have to go to every game and you have to stand? They should just remove the seats and put rails at the edge so you don't fall down :) hah

i dont know how they could possibly enforce the whole standing thing whats an usher going to come yell at me if im sitting? as soon as he walks up the stairs ill sit right back down if i choose.

I will yell at you :giggle:

anyway, more on topic: 

section 130, row 13 i think. Behind the third base on the left corner of the goalie for me. I picked it so i'm close to the concessions in case we need emergency coffee hehehe.

im 130 row 23 never been there so i have no clue what around there

Rangers fans complaining about there only being $279+ price points left and I think their purchase windows only started yesterday. Anyone know how it works on their end??? People I know who had early purchase windows couldn't even access $79s and $119s haha... Are the Rangers being greedy or did they give out all their cheaper tickets to their sponsors or something like that?

Edited by DJ Eco

I got section 329 row 1.

Rangers fans complaining about there only being $279+ price points left and I think their purchase windows only started yesterday. Anyone know how it works on their end??? People I know who had early purchase windows couldn't even access $79s and $119s haha... Are the Rangers being greedy or did they give out all their cheaper tickets to their sponsors or something like that?

They have to buy both games, the devils and islanders one.

The home team probably got the preference since rags have a chance to see two games.