Devils Dose Wins the Season, NJDevs4978 grabs honorable mention

Jimmy Leeds

NJ Devs Survival / Knock Out Football Pool is back!

WEEKLY DEADLINE FOR PICKS IS SUNDAY 1PM EACH WEEK

-----------------------------------------

Yes, I have re-opened our Yahoo Survival league. It is open to all forum members.

Each week you must predict one win. You can not use the same team more than once.

It is one and done; so one wrong choice and your season is done.

Edited by aylbert

• 2 weeks later...

Guess the Lions pulled that one out after all...the ones with Philly might not be so lucky. Surprised nobody picked the Saints either.

So far, we only say goodbye to Value... with his divisional rivalry pick of Giants over Cowboys.

I'm the only one sitting in limbo, hoping for a Ravens victory over the Bengals.

That is a weird pick, why would you pick the Ravens this week when you could do it against the Browns or some other week? Giants a week early was weird too.

I try to find a contest I like that isn't a mass pick.

If both Detroit and Philly lost (both widely considered safe picks), I'd be in better shape. Ravens were the 7th most popular pick, just behind the Pats and Saints. But there were 4 big picks (comprising of 82% of picks) this week, Texans (33%) - Lions (24%) - Bears (15%)- Eagles (10%). So if not for some luck in the end for the Lions and Eagles, a third of Yahoo users were one and done... (and 28% of NJDevs)

Our group followed with the Texans pick.

Texans- 8 / 18 = 44%

Eagles - 3/18= 17%

Detroit 2/18= 11%

Patriots 2/18= 11%

Bears 1/18= 6%

Ravens 1/18= 6%

Giants 1/18= 6%

Giants a week early was weird too.

Returning Superbowl champs were 8-0 in that "Thursday" Game 1, and basically the same Giants team had punked the Cowboys twice last year.

It felt like one of those games where I could get away with picking the Giants and then be done with them for the rest of the year.

Though I will admit it felt good to be able to text Crasher during the game and feed his paranoia. "Cowboys just scored a touchdown, they're going to go 19-0". "Jason Garrett, coach of the year". The only thing that would have made this Cowboy team more fun to bug Crasher about would have been if it were Patrick Crayton and not Ogletree who went off. :D

and this is why the football Gods not only struck you down, but assured you of the SHORTEST POSSIBLE lasting time in knockout pool history.......FOREVER!!!

Enjoy your Brogue Kick to the face :)

It felt like one of those games where I could get away with picking the Giants and then be done with them for the rest of the year.

And so it was. smilydev.gif

We lost 9 yesterday.

7 of the 17 (41%) fell off with their Patriots selection (don't feel bad, 44% of all Yahoo users did the same)

The Last One Alive is not so alive these days, with his solo Redskins pick (in line with about 6% of Yahoo users)

And I have also fallen out of this race, successfully avoiding the Patriots for nothing, with my selection of the Oakland Raiders (2% of Yahoo users)