Jaromir Jagr Quotes Thread

devilsrule33

Not playing in the Olympics is def better for an older guy like Jagr. Whether he'd want to pass that up to stay rested for a run in the playoffs is up to him and I don't think I could ever blame a guy for wanting to represent his country, but I would think you feel those extra games if you make a deep run in the playoffs that year.

But then you have to worry about the rust factor.  Older players actually sometimes need to keep playing to stay loose.  Younger players are always ready to play no matter how long of a break they get.

But then you have to worry about the rust factor.  Older players actually sometimes need to keep playing to stay loose.  Younger players are always ready to play no matter how long of a break they get.

martin brodeur right there.. said himself he needs to keep playing to stay in his groove.. once they start switching back and forth and hes sits a couple in a row hes not as fresh as he would be if he was playing..and it shows too.

@TGfireandice: Jagr: “I said that and I don’t want to sound smart, but I am.”

@TGfireandice: Jagr: "I just know things. I also know we're going to win the Stanley Cup. Dont' tell anybody."

while i do not believe in buying jerseys of guys that aren't here for a while, i may have to make an exception for jagr. this wouldn't exactly be an andreychuk jersey

I bought a Jagr t-shirt last week. And I actually have an Andreychuk jersey. I might be one of maybe 5 Devils fans with a Dave Andreychuk jersey rofl.

I bought a Jagr t-shirt last week. And I actually have an Andreychuk jersey. I might be one of maybe 5 Devils fans with a Dave Andreychuk jersey rofl.

It's funny that you mention that because there was actually someone wearing an Andreychuk jersey sitting in front of me on Friday and I made a mental note of it because I couldn't remember ever seeing one before haha.

I have to admit that I may have been wrong about Jagr. He is really starting to find his niche here.

+1

Check out the thread where the Devils signed Jagr. To a man, almost everyone here was happy about it. Like you, I was one of the few that was skeptical of the Devils signing him.

I am proud to say he has won me over so far. I just hope he can last the season. That was my initial concern.

The way he is playing and by the sound of how much fun he is having I really would not be surprised if baring injury he stays in Tyne nhl another two or three years.

He is so dominant at possessing the puck in the offensive zone that it will take a long time for that skill to tail off to the point where he wouldn't be effective.

The way he is playing and by the sound of how much fun he is having I really would not be surprised if baring injury he stays in Tyne nhl another two or three years.

He is so dominant at possessing the puck in the offensive zone that it will take a long time for that skill to tail off to the point where he wouldn't be effective.

hes the best player on the team right now.. well between him and elias, scary in a way but hey hopefully he just stars shineing brighter and brighter

Jagr cannot be the only forward producing if we wanna go far this year.  Our 2nd best scoring forward(s) all have 7 points.  We have 6 different forwards with 7 points.

At least Elias is a result of lack of games played.

As for the rest, it probably isn't going to get that much better, but some of those guys should approach .5-.6 points per game at least. 

At least Elias is a result of lack of games played.

As for the rest, it probably isn't going to get that much better, but some of those guys should approach .5-.6 points per game at least.

For Elias, I wanna see 60 points.

For Zajac and Henrique, I wanna see 50 points.

For Ryder, I wanna see 25 goals. Overall points don't concern me.

For Brunner, I wanna see 40 points.

For Zubrus I wanna see 30 points.

Overall I'm expecting Jagr to finish with around 50 points. Also we've been getting good production from our defense. That too needs to continue.

How is Jagr still able to be productive and look like one the freshest players in overtime at age 41? I witnessed a clue after tonight’s game.

After playing 20:14 in the overtime game, Jagr talked to the media in the locker room and then hopped on the stationary bicycle for a quick ride. And the Devils had another game coming up Los Angeles about 21 hours later.

“I have to make myself tired,” explained Jagr, still breathing heavy from his ride. “I’m a freak.”

At the end of almost every practice, Jagr does sets of skating back and forth from the blue line to red line. He has his linemates – Zubrus and Zajac – doing them now, too.

Jagr and Zubrus playfully scolded Zajac for forgetting to do them at the end of Monday’s practice, so Zajac did extra skating after Tuesday’s practice. That and his winning goal tonight didn’t keep Zajac from getting scolded by Jagr again after the game, though.

“He said I was a little slow on that last goal, so I won’t be allowed to miss another skate with him,” Zajac said.

For Elias, I wanna see 60 points.

For Zajac and Henrique, I wanna see 50 points.

For Ryder, I wanna see 25 goals. Overall points don't concern me.

For Brunner, I wanna see 40 points.

For Zubrus I wanna see 30 points.

Overall I'm expecting Jagr to finish with around 50 points. Also we've been getting good production from our defense. That too needs to continue.

My initial hope/prediction for Jags was 20-30-50

Now I am hoping for more like 25-35-60 or better!  The guy still has it....

How is Jagr still able to be productive and look like one the freshest players in overtime at age 41? I witnessed a clue after tonight’s game.

After playing 20:14 in the overtime game, Jagr talked to the media in the locker room and then hopped on the stationary bicycle for a quick ride. And the Devils had another game coming up Los Angeles about 21 hours later.

“I have to make myself tired,” explained Jagr, still breathing heavy from his ride. “I’m a freak.”

At the end of almost every practice, Jagr does sets of skating back and forth from the blue line to red line. He has his linemates – Zubrus and Zajac – doing them now, too.

Jagr and Zubrus playfully scolded Zajac for forgetting to do them at the end of Monday’s practice, so Zajac did extra skating after Tuesday’s practice. That and his winning goal tonight didn’t keep Zajac from getting scolded by Jagr again after the game, though.

“He said I was a little slow on that last goal, so I won’t be allowed to miss another skate with him,” Zajac said.

He is usually hours ahead of everyone else too just shooting pucks before practice, right?

He is usually hours ahead of everyone else too just shooting pucks before practice, right?

those are weighted pucks that is.. haha but really the guy just works so hard clearly to keep himself in real competitive shape.. he has his line mates working harder now as well which is a good sign he giving more to the team then goals and skilled play hes making them work harder as well