Analyzing Rangers Playoff Hopes

Blackjack

A final point to consider is that something like 12 of next 16 games for Rags are on the road.

Y-T-D Season-to-date Avg for NHL road teams is .492

They truly need to play at a .600 clip over final 30-32 games to make playoffs.

They are a real darkhorse and the heavy road schedule reduces the odds further. There will be no backing into playoffs for them. If they make it, then they earned it - but we'll still kick their asses if we meet.

They may still have a guy named Mike in goal - but Mr. Dunham is not the greatest U.S. born goalie ever - Mr. Richter is.

I doubt very seriously Leetch coming back would be a poisonous influence. Bure? Eh, I guess after seeing the effect Lindros had on the Flyers in the 2000 ECF I suppose it's possible though on paper he'd sure help them.

I hate to say it I wouldn't automatically dismiss them as the Same Ol' Ranger$ anymore. They were playing well for a couple weeks before the injuries hit too, then they bottomed out for a while and now they've found their game again. They're playing hard for once, Dunny's been a rock for them, and they've "committed to a system". And I never thought Trottier was gonna be just another loser like Low, Campbell, Muckler either.

Really I hope I'm wrong but this team sure looks like a playoff team now. I know they're still a few points down, but it's not as if the teams they're chasing are all that great either. I just hope to heck if they do make the playoffs they play Ottawa (provided Ottawa shows up for that series), since all the pressure on the world would be on the Devs in that series.

That's the thing...all the teams they are chasing (including themselves) have flaws. With their point total (and getting Hackett) the only one I can honestly say is looking very good to make the playoffs is Boston, everyone else is VERY bunched.

When Bure comes back he will most likely get the spot currently occupied by Dvorak on Nedved's right. That cannot be anything but positive.

Will be interesting to see what happens to their D once they all get healthy. A guy like Bouchard who has played well might be the odd man out. He certainly will not play over Leetch, Poti, Malakhov, Mirionov, or Kasparatis. That's only one spot, for him, Purinton, Cross, Lefebve, etc.

i want the rangers to lose every game for the rest of the year and the rest of their existence. i want them to miss the playoffs so pathetically they are even easier to laugh at. is it just me?

oh yeah, and i want holik to burn. i want him to cry when the devils win the cup and the rangers are out golfing.

going to a winning team my ass.

bitter much? :evil:

:clap: we be on the same page sheepy :clap:

last year's cutoff: 87

rangers haved played 51 games for 49 points

51 82

--- = ---

49 x

51x = (49)(82)

51x = 4018

x = 4018/51

x = 78.78 POINTS!

the rangers are on track for 79 POINTS! jesus guys, every ranger fan i know is jumping up and down because they're "in playoff contention"...

NOPE. they're going to have to have a hell of a run the next 31 games. they'd have to get 38 points to equal montreal's 8th place spot last year.

fact is, 51 GAMES PLAYED. they are the ONLY team in the league to play 51 games. we have played 5 less games than them. THAT'S A LOT.

they've gone 6-3-1 in their last ten. if they kept up that would be 18-9-3 plus one left over... yes they would be in, but that would be with maintaining their current record.

they meet up with the flyers and us 3 times each in the next 31. the flyers and us are the only ones to have 8 or more wins in the last 10 in the eastern conference. hopefully we can help diminish any hopes they have of making the eighth berth.

stardew, we agree wholeheartedly. BURN RANGERS BURN!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: