Zach Parise 'ran the show' + 30 Thoughts

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

oops … See, stuff like this, that you all ignore from me, is why I need to stay retired.

I will also add again - you can't create a home with a buddy - you need a certain level of discomfort to win. It's all too cozy. This is permission to fail. MN, I think, sees that now and all this sunshine has to be blown to cover the pretty huge price they just paid for two solid pieces who will train their prospects to play solid (not necessarily WIN) all the while hamstring the team, leaving them unable to retain these fabu prospects just when they get useful. Suter and Parise are not Elias, not Langenbrunner. They are not seasoned vets and they do NOT have the hunger to win required - if they did they woudn't have decided to go HOME. The buddy isn't the tell-all safety net -- the geographic location says it all. Thus, they don't bring enough to the table and they are sucking down the resources for years to come.

Retired? LOL What's that all about?

Re: Zach. If the situation was reversed and he left the successful Wild to come home to New Jersey -- and brought Suter with him -- wouldn't we all be lauding him as Jersey's hero? I know I would.

Edited by 95Crash

I don't care what ZP does or says. I am going to hate the living sh!t out of him until Nov 11th where I will boo the living sh!t out of him. Then when I wake up on Nov 12th, he'll be dead to me. Just another NHL player with the objective of beating us.

Re: Zach. If the situation was reversed and he left the successful Wild to come home to New Jersey -- and brought Suter with him -- wouldn't we all be lauding him as Jersey's hero? I know I would.

Exactly... and the Minnesota fans would absolutely hate him for it... and RIGHTFULLY so. We're in that position now.

I really do not care anymore about Parise or what he did. It's in the past and now I just want to focus on the Devils upcoming season and wondering when the hell the equipment sale is.

Couldn't agree more. The grieving period is over for me. Life moves on as this organization is bigger than any 1 person. It will suck seeing him playing for MN from now on, but nothing we can do or say will change it. He made up his mind, and hopefully he comes to regret his decision.

Glad to see you once again sticking up for your arguments on their own merits, instead of running to attack people right away.

This was your first response to me when I was not even talking to you:

What? This is it. Hockey writers don't work during the summer. If the Wild play the Devils next year, we'll get some articles on it. Otherwise, this is the last word until then.

DevsMan: LOL. did you read the article? No.

You even went back and edited to add that last jab at me from your high horse. Keep trying to play the victim card there rainman.

Edited by DevsMan84

This was your first response to me when I was not even talking to you:

It's a message board. Everyone is talking to everyone. How do you not understand this after how many posts you have? And yet it's clear you don't.

You even went back and edited to add that last jab at me from your high horse. Keep trying to play the victim card there rainman.

It's like you're programmed to troll poorly - I hadn't read your latest post when I posted that, that's why I added it. I'm not playing the victim card. I'm just saying that your statements are sometimes indefensible and when they are, you go to the well with standard insults. That's all. I guess I should understand by now that message boards attract this sort of argument. (and that I've done this before, so it's not like I'm above it)

Edited by Triumph

It's a message board. Everyone is talking to everyone. How do you not understand this after how many posts you have? And yet it's clear you don't.

It's like you're programmed to troll poorly - I hadn't read your latest post when I posted that, that's why I added it. I'm not playing the victim card. I'm just saying that your statements are sometimes indefensible and when they are, you go to the well with standard insults. That's all. I guess I should understand by now that message boards attract this sort of argument. (and that I've done this before, so it's not like I'm above it)

And you have mastered the Mr. Message Board Know-It-All to a T. Every board has one, and you are it. All of your posts towards me always start or end with some subtle jab from your high horse. It's not hard to miss.

And you are programmed to have the same 2 theories on anyone who disagrees with you or calls you out; either you call them a troll or you assume they are hiding behind another ID. You went right to the first one since I've first been on here over 2 years ago. How dare I ever question you! :rolleyes:

I really do try to completely skip and not respond to any of your posts. I think I've done pretty well since this only happens every few months and we both post quite a bit here. However when you directly start this crap with me don't get pissed when I make you look foolish.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 1

Just to close this out - I'm pretty unbending in how I see things. If I were a Wild fan -- 1) leonisis would have nearly traumafied me out of fandom. 2) I am VERY adamant about this - contented player = weaker player. When I see a prospect is too happy outside of hockey - I worry.

No, I would not be pleased hometown boy comes home and brings BFF. My happy take is that I'd sell it as a wash - these guys are content and can train our kids. Their sincere talk about making this team better would actually irritate me, it's one thing to lie to the public in a press conferences -- it's a whole other kettle of fish to be lying to yourself.

I do not doubt their sincerity - but they are kidding themselves.

It would be one thing if I was wrong once in a while about this stuff. I'd support every TLDR response I get -- but I'm right.

(Dear lawrd -- While the contrarian and the statistician pollute the thread with MORE mindless kneejerk arguing -- just what the board needs -- then act like I'm some sort of out of touch a$$hole who contributes nothing to the board beyond mindless illgotten psycho-blather and smilies. :doh1:)

Edited by Pepperkorn

And you have mastered the Mr. Message Board Know-It-All to a T. Every board has one, and you are it. All of your posts towards me always start or end with some subtle jab from your high horse. It's not hard to miss.

If I left, you'd step right into my spot, though. That's the irony about all these debates. I don't remember ever seeing you admit you're wrong, but I'm the know-it-all. It's often the dudes who can't stand not being the authority on things who get the most upset by my posting.

And you are programmed to have the same 2 theories on anyone who disagrees with you or calls you out; either you call them a troll or you assume they are hiding behind another ID. You went right to the first one since I've first been on here over 2 years ago. How dare I ever question you! :rolleyes:

I am fine with people disagreeing with me, as I've disagreed with people like Daniel, sundstrom, dr33, Devils731, RowdyFan, DevinLA, MantaRay, maxpower, Jas0nMacIsaac, ^7^, CR1976, Pepperkorn, etc. etc. and pretty much a huge number of people over the years without calling them a troll, or likewise. (Well, okay, I think I called ^7^ a troll lots back in the day). And when I think people are hiding behind another ID, I have been right. I've also been wrong, but I've been right more often than I've been wrong. I have no problem with being disagreed with, nor do I think it's a defect of others when they do - it's a message board, people have opinions, and I'm gonna be wrong about stuff a lot just like everyone else.

I really do try to completely skip and not respond to any of your posts. I think I've done pretty well since this only happens every few months and we both post quite a bit here. However when you directly start this crap with me don't get pissed when I make you look foolish.

That's fine, I keep you on ignore but when you have the first 2 posts in the thread, tough for me not to click. Just go to the well with more insults and we can wrap this up.

If I left, you'd step right into my spot, though. That's the irony about all these debates. I don't remember ever seeing you admit you're wrong, but I'm the know-it-all. It's often the dudes who can't stand not being the authority on things who get the most upset by my posting.

I am fine with people disagreeing with me, as I've disagreed with people like Daniel, sundstrom, dr33, Devils731, RowdyFan, DevinLA, MantaRay, maxpower, Jas0nMacIsaac, ^7^, CR1976, Pepperkorn, etc. etc. and pretty much a huge number of people over the years without calling them a troll, or likewise. (Well, okay, I think I called ^7^ a troll lots back in the day). And when I think people are hiding behind another ID, I have been right. I've also been wrong, but I've been right more often than I've been wrong. I have no problem with being disagreed with, nor do I think it's a defect of others when they do - it's a message board, people have opinions, and I'm gonna be wrong about stuff a lot just like everyone else.

That's fine, I keep you on ignore but when you have the first 2 posts in the thread, tough for me not to click. Just go to the well with more insults and we can wrap this up.

I have admitted I was wrong countless times and apologized in the past to other members if I was in the wrong. If you do not believe me then do what you have told me many times to do and use the search button.

Out of over 5k members on this board and probably 100 or so who actively partipate daily, you have disagreed with about a dozen without calling them a troll. Congrats. I think I might have called maybe a handful of people here trolls, and most if not all are banned.

You may think that when you disagree with me you are doing it civilly, but every single one of your posts towards me always include some snide remark towards me personally. It's fine, you've hated me since I've been on here and you have done that to countless others who have disagreed with you. Again do what you tell me to do all the time and use the search button to verify this.

Anyways I am done. I really do not have the time or patience to fight this war of attrition with you. If it makes you feel better, then you win. Thank you.

Exactly... and the Minnesota fans would absolutely hate him for it... and RIGHTFULLY so. We're in that position now.

Oh believe me, I hear where you're coming from. It bothered me, too, that he left the Devils.

Just to close this out - I'm pretty unbending in how I see things. If I were a Wild fan -- 1) leonisis would have nearly traumafied me out of fandom. 2) I am VERY adamant about this - contented player = weaker player. When I see a prospect is too happy outside of hockey - I worry.

No, I would not be pleased hometown boy comes home and brings BFF. My happy take is that I'd sell it as a wash - these guys are content and can train our kids. Their sincere talk about making this team better would actually irritate me, it's one thing to lie to the public in a press conferences -- it's a whole other kettle of fish to be lying to yourself.

I do not doubt their sincerity - but they are kidding themselves.

It would be one thing if I was wrong once in a while about this stuff. I'd support every TLDR response I get -- but I'm right.

(Dear lawrd -- While the contrarian and the statistician pollute the thread with MORE mindless kneejerk arguing -- just what the board needs -- then act like I'm some sort of out of touch a$hole who contributes nothing to the board beyond mindless illgotten psycho-blather and smilies. :doh1:)

I'm not getting how you came to the conclusion that Zach doesn't have the required hunger to win.

This is one of those times I wish this place had the 'ignore thread' feature that exists on HF. This and every other Parise thread that's going to crop up until November is just the same argument from the same posters.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Seven.

No, wait, eight... nine... ten. You done yet? (No, of course not. You're one of those guys who always has to get the last word.)

Lol Funny you only ever talk to me when I am having it out with your buddy but never with anyone else. Why is that?

Also relay what you just said to me to your buddy as well. He could use that advice also. Wait never mind you would never dare do that.

This is one of those times I wish this place had the 'ignore thread' feature that exists on HF. This and every other Parise thread that's going to crop up until November is just the same argument from the same posters.

Ignore thread? I'm not on HF, so how does that work?

That reminds me, I was going to post a tutorial on how to use the ignore member feature back during the playoffs but I never got around to it. Maybe I'll put that up tonight.

Lol Funny you only ever talk to me when I am having it out with your buddy but never with anyone else. Why is that?

Also relay what you just said to me to your buddy as well. He could use that advice also. Wait never mind you would never dare do that.

Eleven.

Seriously, give it up. At this point you're just embarrassing yourself.

Ignore thread? I'm not on HF, so how does that work?

That reminds me, I was going to post a tutorial on how to use the ignore member feature back during the playoffs but I never got around to it. Maybe I'll put that up tonight.

There's a little X by the title of each thread, if you click it you never see the thread again. It's quite useful for the nonsense like Predict the Score or other stuff I don't care to see there.

Oh believe me, I hear where you're coming from. It bothered me, too, that he left the Devils.

I'm not getting how you came to the conclusion that Zach doesn't have the required hunger to win.

If I am reading Pepp correctly, and from my own analysis of our dearly departed captain (may he rest in a sheet of ice, the a$$hole), I think ZP lacking hunger comes from a couple things:

First, we never won anything while he was here. Granted, we went to a cup this year with him, but he isn't Stevens, Nieds, Marty in his prime, or Daneyko. He plays hard, he works his ass off, but I can't help but wonder if the passion carries over into leadership. For Stevens, for example, he could change a game without a word. ZP can't and doesn't IMHO.

Second, I think there is a feeling that ZP is going into a situation that is bound to be too comfortable. He gets to play at home, gets to play with his boyhood friend, yadda yadda. To be great in the NHL most of these guys need to eek every ounce of performance out; I think ZP needs even more to excel. And yet, I think the Minnesota Wilds atmosphere will do just the opposite: it may encourage a sort of mediocrity that would be disastrous for ZP. Ergo, sapping him of the hunger he will need to win and be a winner.

Finally, and this is my own take, I don't know if ZP has ever really played under trying circumstances before. He played for good programs in his developmental years I believe and the Devils, except for half a season a year ago, have been competitive for a couple decades now. So how will ZP deal with mediocrity? Often players unaccustomed to losing find it doesn't "suit" them and become unhappy very quickly. I think Zacp may be one of those. We will see.

I'm looking forward to zp soundbites of 'we as leaders just have to do more' after that seven game losing streak pisses off the wild fan base.

That is awesome... but think bigger.... 12 game losing streaks.... 15 game losing streaks... Dare to dream of Suter getting a hammy and Zach skating off holding his childhood friend in arms crying "why God why?..."

Edited by Devildude