39 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Lou going to be on Fatcessa, evidently at 2:05.

My predictions for questions:

I don't know that much about hockey, but isn't Brodeur too old?

I don't know that much about hockey, but how will you compete against the Rangers?

I don't know that much about hockey, but aren't the Rangers the cup favorite with this Nash guy?

I don't know that much about hockey, but will you bother showing up against the Rangers since they're inevitably going to win the Cup?

I don't know that much about hockey, but shouldn't every NHL team retire Messier's number like baseball did with Jackie Robinson?

I don't know that much about hockey, but would you agree that 1994 is the greatest moment in hockey history, if not in the history of the world?

I don't know that much about hockey, but will the Devils ever stop playing the trap and being boring so as not to ruin the sport for guys like me who don't watch it?

Edited by Daniel, 17 January 2013 - 11:12 AM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#2 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

I don't know that much about hockey, but how will you compete against the Rangers?

I don't know that much about hockey, but aren't the Rangers the cup favorite with this Nash guy?

I don't know that much about hockey, but will you bother showing up against the Rangers since they're inevitably going to win the Cup?

I don't know that much about hockey, but shouldn't every NHL team retire Messier's number like baseball did with Jackie Robinson?

I don't know that much about hockey, but would you agree that 1994 is the greatest moment in hockey history, if not in the history of the world?

I don't know that much about hockey, but will the Devils every stop playing the trap and being boring so as not to ruin the sport for guys like me who don't watch it?

Can uhhhh dese Devils compete with da best Rangizz team since ninety fawww. Do dey even have a chance?

Lou says yes.

Youahhh lawst! LAWST!

Edited by DH26, 17 January 2013 - 11:10 AM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#3 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Wait a minute...wait a minute...wait a minute.........wait a minute....

Standard Mikes On Francesa routine.

#4 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Wait a minute...wait a minute...wait a minute.........wait a minute....

Standard Mikes On Francesa routine.

Don't forget "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh" (he sounds more like Butt-Head every day)

"I mean...blah blah blah...I mean...blah blah blah...I mean, I mean, I mean..."

He might be the worst on-air speaker on that station...he can barely put a sentence together some days.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 17 January 2013 - 12:32 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#5 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Don't forget "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh" (he sounds more like Butt-Head every day)

"I mean...blah blah blah...I mean...blah blah blah...I mean, I mean, I mean..."

He might the worst on-air speaker on that station...he can barely put a sentence together some days.

His theme song is false advertising. It clearly states "...he's ready to go - on the FAN, New York Sportsradio..."
Obviously he is never ready to go anywhere but to sleep.

#6 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

His theme song is false advertising. It clearly states "...he's ready to go - on the FAN, New York Sportsradio..."

he's ready to go to the Diet Coke vending machine...
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#7 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#8 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

My brother came up with this line for his theme song:

"He's kind of a dick, and he'll hang up on you..."
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#9 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEg5W0BMyz0

Oh man. That's hilarious.

Edited by gardenstatepkwy, 17 January 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#10 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

LOL

Edited by devlman, 17 January 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#11 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,884 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

As much as I want to hear Lou, I want to pass on listening to this. The last Big Mike interview with Lou was so awkward (literally two of his first three questions were on the Rangers).

As much as they're Ranger/Isle fans I wish one of the two shows before him were doing it, at least they all know hockey other than that troll Carton.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#12 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

I will say this, Mike does regard Lou as one of the best executives in sports.. Says he's definitely the best in the area, which is big for like to say because of the Yankees

$20 says he harps on Parise being gone and how that will be a huge detriment that we won't overcome

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#13 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

As much as I want to hear Lou, I want to pass on listening to this. The last Big Mike interview with Lou was so awkward (literally two of his first three questions were on the Rangers).

As much as they're Ranger/Isle fans I wish one of the two shows before him were doing it, at least they all know hockey other than that troll Carton.

Beningo respects the Devils and respects Lou, for what they've been able to do through the years. He would probably do a decent job there.

In a way it's actually a GOOD thing that Mike doesn't know that much about hockey. When he interviews other people from other sports, he tramples on their answers, in an effort to show his listeners how much HE already knows about the sport being discussed. He can't do that with hockey.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#14 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

I can't start a new topic so I'll post here - Pete DeBoer up next on Joe and Evan.

#15 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Francessa feasts off unknowledgeable callers, but hangs up on those who expertly pick apart his arguments. I hope Lou fvcks with him

#16 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

I don't know that much about hockey, but will the Devils ever stop playing the trap and being boring so as not to ruin the sport for guys like me who don't watch it?

Roflmao, sounds about right.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#17 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Interview is a snoozer as expected

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#18 davieboynj

davieboynj

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

not much to say that hasn't been said before... still nice to hear Lou.

enough questions about the shortened schedule though.... sheesh.
Hedberg: "...You never know what you’re going to get. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. That’s all I can say. I know this is a very, very good place to be. I’ve been to a few places and I can say this is a very good one.

#19 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

I missed it. I'm sure nothing particularly interesting was discussed but can anyone who heard it just give a brief summary?

#20 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

The Rangers fan coming in after words is hilarious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users