Jacob Josefson

Jas0nMacIsaac

Are you talking about this season? Because then you are imagining it. Or confusing him with Teddy.

I can see what he means though. I don't think he's undersized(maybe slightly, but not bad) or understrength, I just think he can be a bit reluctant to get into the corner and to fight 1 on 1 along the boards. He's more kovy than zubs in that regard, to make a comparison here. I don't think this is an indicator of him not being capable of being an NHL player, I just think he might lack that fire that Henrique has that drives him into the corners with a bit less regard for self than JoJo does. Not saying they're a world apart, but it's noticable. If JoJo can play an Elias style game, I think he can be very effective though. I doubt he'll ever be a monster in the corner where Henrique could be a lot like Parise was, but if he can use his above average ability to read plays and see the ice well, he'll be an effective forward.

seriously i've never really being impressed that much by Josefson overall other than a few plays here and there. I mean i REALLY hope im wrong and just not seeing something obvious but looking at other prospects in other teams and everything im simply wondering if some folks here are not just pumping his tires with blinders on...

i mean personally he reminds me a lot of Lars Eller or like Jason said once he's a little bit like Malhotra.

so... personally i wouldnt be incredibly thrilled to get either eller or malhotra in NJ thinking they'd carry us all the way...

I cant agree with that at all..henrique plays a completely different style (can you see josefson fighting mcdonaugh either?)

Could you see Josefson fighting JAROME IGINLA?! HAHAHA... Once I saw them drop the gloves, I realized how brilliant and bats**t crazy Henrique might be for us..

seriously i've never really being impressed that much by Josefson overall other than a few plays here and there. I mean i REALLY hope im wrong and just not seeing something obvious but looking at other prospects in other teams and everything im simply wondering if some folks here are not just pumping his tires with blinders on...

i mean personally he reminds me a lot of Lars Eller or like Jason said once he's a little bit like Malhotra.

so... personally i wouldnt be incredibly thrilled to get either eller or malhotra in NJ thinking they'd carry us all the way...

Josefson is not an obvious prospect. The Devils excel at finding players like this because they don't often draft at the top of the draft - does Josefson have a great shot, does he skate really well, is he a wizard with the puck? No. He's not going to make plays that get the fans out of their seats. If he were, he would probably have been drafted higher. But he is an exceptionally smart player - so much of hockey is knowing where to be, and Josefson does know that. He'll be a 15 year NHLer if his body holds up. I think Eller is seriously underrated and I think Malhotra more so, but I think Josefson will turn out to be better than these players. And who knows - sometimes over the summer players just get better.

Josefson is not an obvious prospect. The Devils excel at finding players like this because they don't often draft at the top of the draft - does Josefson have a great shot, does he skate really well, is he a wizard with the puck? No. He's not going to make plays that get the fans out of their seats. If he were, he would probably have been drafted higher. But he is an exceptionally smart player - so much of hockey is knowing where to be, and Josefson does know that. He'll be a 15 year NHLer if his body holds up. I think Eller is seriously underrated and I think Malhotra more so, but I think Josefson will turn out to be better than these players. And who knows - sometimes over the summer players just get better.

Agreed. JJ has very good hockey sense, which is something you cannot learn. I think right now hes a third line center, but i think if he could eventually be a number two if he works on some of the weaker facets of his game. If he improves in other areas, he could be a great player with the hockey sense he has.

It appears Josefson has worked on his shot a bit. He's scoring at a .45 clip in the AHL and has been Albany's best player along with Larsson. If Albany had any snipers or puck luck, his assist totals would be up as well. Now, I dont expect Josefson to be the reincarnation of Brett Hull (goal scoring wise), but he is certainly very talented.