Fantastic News! Devils predicted to finish near the bottom

msweet

Why on earth would they put the Rags in the top 4?

The Rangers team without Torts holding some talents asking them to play a game who's not theirs and benching top players for full periods could be good.

We may not want to admit it but on paper they have a pretty good and deep team

Edited by SterioDesign

The Rangers team without Torts holding some talents asking them to play a game who's not theirs and benching top players for full periods could be good.

Torts also created a system that made Lundqvist look better than maybe he really is. Look at how many goals they've been letting in per game this preseason. I know "it's just preseason", but Henrik has never started out this shaky, ever..

Torts also created a system that made Lundqvist look better than maybe he really is. Look at how many goals they've been letting in per game this preseason. I know "it's just preseason", but Henrik has never started out this shaky, ever..

Meh, the team is adjusting to a new coach, etc.  I'd love the Rangers to suck as much as anyone...hell, I want them to go 0-82-0 every season...but I can't make too much of anything that's happening in preseason, or even the beginning of the regular season for that matter.  DeBoer's 2011-12 Devils were looking pretty shaky through the first third of that season.

They have a good team on paper EVERY YEAR because the spend money on making a splash (Gomez, Drury, Reddin, Richards, etc.).   The game is not played on paper.

I think the Rags are going to be pretty bad this year without Torts holding them accountable.

They have a good team on paper EVERY YEAR because the spend money on making a splash (Gomez, Drury, Reddin, Richards, etc.).   The game is not played on paper.

I think the Rags are going to be pretty bad this year without Torts holding them accountable.

I think the Rags success is very contingent on how quickly the player adopt AV's style.  Like CR1976 said earlier today, they will probably start slow but get better as the season goes on.

I still do not see them winning the division during the regular season or going beyond the conference finals in the playoffs.

Here's how I see it.  Zajac, Henrique, and Elias are the keys to this team.  We know what we're gonna get from Elias assuming he stays healthy.  It's Zajac and Henrique that are the difference makers.  I think we need 90-100 points from the both of them combined.  If we get that, we'll be very good this year as long as everybody else plays the way they're supposed to.  I'm confident Henrique and Zajac will have bounce back seasons.