2873 replies to this topic

#2241 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

I didn't see your reply. I went for lunch and came back to 10 more pages and the announcement of the signings. I think Zach didn't do one thing wrong in this entire saga. Fans were going to feel slighted no matter what happened here. Trust me, there are athletes doing 1000x times worse things than saying "we" while under contract and "don't worry". If that's the worst anyone has...well then he's a fvcking class act until he left.

No matter what he did..he'd be fvcked.

If he didn't make those few comments I wouldn't have felt slighted at all. It's completely his right to pick whatever team he wants when he becomes a UFA.

Edit: I apologize for getting angry at you if you truly didn't see my reply.

Edited by devils26, 04 July 2012 - 12:13 PM.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#2242 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

While im upset at him leaving, its the BEST situation for us as Devil fans...

sorry Zach, you are NOT worth that contract. Best of luck to you. Enjoy being home

Whatever, i've moved on... Such is life, can't get crazy about things that are out of your control.

While im upset at him leaving, its the BEST situation for us as Devil fans...

sorry Zach, you are NOT worth that contract. Best of luck to you. Enjoy being home

Whatever, i've moved on... Such is life, can't get crazy about things that are out of your control.
POTATO!!!

#2243 Deek_1969

Deek_1969

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Come on folks.....don't start hating the guy because he made a career decision. Anyone on this board would have taken the deal he took. There is no such thing as loyality when you are talking millions per year. This franchise is not financially stable right now, so I can't blame him for leaving. Anyone who said they never liked him is fooling themselves. He was the best C the Devils had since Stevens. And thank God he didn't go to the Flyers, Pitt or Rangers.
[size=5][color=#FF0000]The strong take from the weak and the smart take from the strong.

#2244 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

Thank God he didnt go to the Flyers, Penguins, or Kings. That would have been much worse. I have nothing against the Wild and have kind of liked them as a team in the West ever since Jacques was their coach.

Losing Parise won't suddenly make us a sub .500 team. Henrique will fill the void somewhat and we'll get contributions from other players. Time for Kovy to step up.

#2245 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

I love Zach, but that's a stupid contract. It was over the minute they got Suter. They were competitive, they were offering the most, they were home. I'm glad Lou didn't try to match it. Best of luck to Zach, but nobody's gonna be happy at the tail end of that deal.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#2246 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

In utter disbelief. I believed him when he said "don't worry" I think that's what annoys me about this the most. To lead your fans on like that. Lebron didn't even do this. Oh well...let's hope Lou signs semin and runs

n2eg.jpg

#2247 Parisalchuk

Parisalchuk

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

So much for wanting to play for a contender, eh zach?

#2248 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

What did we learn?

Zach thinks Suter> Salvador

Lou/ownership bent over backwards by signing Bryce to that terrible 3 year deal.

Zach's Christmas gift of 1992 would come back to haunt the Devils 20 years later.

Posted Image

Edited by hystyk28, 04 July 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#2249 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

In utter disbelief. I believed him when he said "don't worry" I think that's what annoys me about this the most. To lead your fans on like that. Lebron didn't even do this.

You can't possibly believe this.
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#2250 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

Yep, this was over the moment Zach hired an agent. Lou wouldn't hand out a contract unless it made sense for both parties. The agent got him a contract that only makes sense for one party.

It is what it is. I still think Henrique is gonna end up being a better player anyway. There's too much young talent on this Devils team to be upset over losing someone to one of the worst contracts in the sport.

Bingo.

I wonder which situation is worse: Having to watch your homegrown star and all-around likeable guy sign with another team in his prime, or having to watch your star and all-around likeable guy decline much earlier in his career than you expected and weigh down the team with his massive contract?

#2251 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,420 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

I wouldn't have even been mad if we'd lost in the first round to do this...but to ditch your team after captaining a run to the Finals is pretty darn unprecedented. Who else did that, Kariya? And he left on a one-year deal.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 July 2012 - 12:20 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#2252 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

Maybe we can sign noew someone like Doan, Semin, Sykora, or possible Knuble, and at least we also have some cap space for a goalie in the next few years if we will need one, or to give a raise to Henrique and Zajac.

#2253 AlienDev

AlienDev

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hey Zach ... just leave right now. We have no interest in talking to you or about you for one second more. The Devils are bigger than you, and you walked away from it. See ya.
Posted Image

#2254 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

I'm neither shocked nor even angry about this. It sucks to lose our captain. If its not our coach, its a player.

That said, the contract is awful length wise, he left the conference, and we will likely only see him on our ice once a season unless its in a Stanley Cup Final, which right now is as far fetched as Lou starring in a Magic Mike sequel.

#2255 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Zach Parise signed for 13 years at $98 million. An average of 7.538 cap hit. The vid should show it all

#2256 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

I can't imagine the Devils even offering him a contract that was remotely close to 13 years 98 million. He's not worth that contract but I'm still sadden to see him go. Thanks for ruining my favorite holiday Zach!

#2257 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Came back for Lou's interview.

Thank the sweet baby lord Jesus that he didn't sign with the Penguins. I'd be absolutely beside myself right now.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#2258 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

anyone have any idea what the devils offered zach? if we were short on years and or money id understand more but otherwise he can rot.

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#2259 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

Wish Zach the best of luck, time to close this chapter and move on. Lou tried his best, but his wife and family comes first. Unfortunately, I dont think this was a wise decision as I don't see much improvement in Minnesota. They couldn't get anything done with Heatley, its tough to say two players will make much of a difference. If anyone believes having super stars will win Cups, then look no further from across the Hudson, living proof that organization philosophy, coaching and team play is what wins cups. Devils have always had a player step up, and I am confident it will happen again.

#2260 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

@wyshynski

Lamoriello: said Parise indicated "If it wasn't going home to Minnesota, it would have been coming to New Jersey. "

@KatieStrangESPN

#NJD Lamoriello: "You don't replace a Zach Parise. You just don't do that."

#yourenothelpingthesituation

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil, 04 July 2012 - 12:40 PM.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users