1009 replies to this topic

#61 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,630 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:30 AM

Y'all have to get over WWE and TNA and what ever. I got over that when I was 10, its all staged and its all fake.

oh... my... god.... I so .....see.... the.... light.... silly me enjoying something that I enjoyed for like almost 30 years because it's FUN

but then again for a "fake" sport it's amazing the injury toll, the surgery count and number of people who die before age 50 because of the sick toll the life and attempt to stay healthy enough to compete brings

so... hooray to your ignorant statement B )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#62 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:54 AM

Y'all have to get over WWE and TNA and what ever. I got over that when I was 10, its all staged and its all fake.

OMG WHAT THE fvck. IT'S STAGED AND FAKE???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :evilcry:

YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON. WHAT'S NEXT HUH? ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME SANTA CLAUS IS FAKE AS WELL?

#63 94Obsession

94Obsession

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:23 PM

Heh.............. Vince Got rick Roll'ed on Raw. Serves him right. People are tuning out the WWE in droves. They got a 3.0. To quote someone on Crazymax message board...... "Vince can't even pay people to watch his sh!t anymore."

And to quote someone else on Crazymax message board:

HEY VINCE!!!:

Posted Image

Why do we need to get over it? By that logic, people should get over christmas since that's staged too. Complete with fake Santa Claus' in the mall. I mean hey, we all found out that Santa Claus was our parents when we were little. Perhaps 10? Btw, don't take this part of my post too seriouisly as I don't want to offend anyone that celebrates it. I was just making a point!!!

And "all fake"...... What does that even mean? Are you saying these Wrestlers that are on the road almost 365 days a year don't get injured or it doesn't take it's toll on their body's?

I found out Wrestling was fake at around 8 years old in 1991. So I immediately thought everything was fake, but then as I grew older I learned more about the business, and turns out it's not all "fake".

I think the good Wrestling fans that post here on NJDevs know what i'm talking about.

I mean, I don't get the same enjoyment out of it like I used to. (No NWA/WCW, UWF, WCCW, GWF, ECW no competition etc.)

But I still care about it, and I want to see it succeed. (only if done right)

I know Wrestling is a sleazy business, but it's also fun.

JMO

Edited by 94Obsession, 13 June 2008 - 03:24 PM.

Posted Image

"Time slips away and leaves you with nothing but boring stories of glory days." -Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days

"Some things could be better, if we'd all just let them be" - Axl Rose - Yesterdays

Guns N' Roses - Yesterdays

#64 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,630 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:08 PM

Speaking of done right if anyone wants to see two GOOD hours of wrestling

catch the impact re-run Saturday Night
SERIOUSLY

Joe vs Kaz
LAX vs Roode and Storm (ok it has a Dusty finish but still)
and two X-Cup Prelim matches that took the TNA clock back three years!!!

WATCH IT!!!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#65 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:57 AM

I got bored of wrestling, i used to love it during the NHL Lockout.. but now i get so bored of it.. I used to watch both WWE and TNA, I liked TNA better.. WWE was always too predictable with their storylines and outcome of matches.. plus TNA had better wrestling, overall

WWE = more drama
TNA = more wrestling

Its probably the same today
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#66 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,630 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:14 PM

I got bored of wrestling, i used to love it during the NHL Lockout.. but now i get so bored of it.. I used to watch both WWE and TNA, I liked TNA better.. WWE was always too predictable with their storylines and outcome of matches.. plus TNA had better wrestling, overall

WWE = more drama
TNA = more wrestling

Its probably the same today

TNA took a MAJOR step back since they added Kurt Angle
there's been constant on-air drama between Kurt and Karen Angle (think McManon/Helmsley era level... but at least now it's leading to an epic Angle/AJ Styles Feud, which I am praying becomes AJ Styles vs Awesome Kong)... and Vince Russo's booking seems to finally taking a step back as the X-Cup Previews this week were some AMAZING wrestling as was Samoa Joe vs Kazarian for the TNA Title this week!!

Now if only the PPVs delivered as much!!! :pray:

#67 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,630 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:38 PM

OK OK OK
who else thought and accused the evil ghost of Chris Benoit as being the one who sent the Raw set upon Vince WITH GREAT VENGEANCE??? :P

(OK I'm a sick man and going to hell anyway.... so fvck it!!)

#68 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:12 AM

CHECK THIS OUT, A WRESTLING THREAD! I didn't know we had this topic in this forum. Good to see I still got some grappler buddies to talk with on NJDevs. I guess I'll throw some of my opinions into the hat to let you all know where I stand.

I'm a wrestling junky, been a fan since '85. (WWF all the way) 1988-92 = my fav time. Loved the Monday Night Wars era, when wrestling was pop'culture (1996 - 2001) WCW & ECW kicked. Very sad to see them both gone.

Raw kicked ass tonight. Glad to see Rey & Show back on Monday night. Absolutely loved the end, esspecially when Trips broke kayfabe and came to Vinces' side. It was very reminisent of when the N.A.O. pushed the dumpster w/Funk & Foley inside. Work/Shoot angles are the best.

PS

*END THE ROSTER SPLIT! MERGE THE WORLD TITLES! SCRAP ECW BRAND ALLTOGETHER! ...that is all

*TNA rules! In 5 years will be what WCW once was. Now go get Goldberg an redo the streak again, then get Bret and bring back the Foundation.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#69 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,630 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:49 AM

Well the WWECW brand is a joke
but I hope it goes back to being the AAA league for Raw and Smackdown so we can see up and comers on it (no more Kanes and Big Shows and Mark Henry's on the show PLEASE.... let Matt Hardy be the vet on the show and let him work with the big time talent there)

HHH will not stay on Smackdown... it's bad for the company and disaster for Edge (more so if Cena wins the WWE Title back to Raw Sunday, which could happen)
and it hoses the Kennedy/Kennedy vs Edge feud I am looking forward to (as well as the MVP Face Turn)

DAVE is turning heel and damn he needs too!!

And poor Jericho... stuck on Raw when he was the PERFECT guy to feud with Edge also :argh: :argh:

#70 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:49 AM

WWECW :giggle: I like that

I was actually behind the ECW idea at first, when the brand had guys like RVD, Funk, & Sabu. But then they just ruined it. I would've liked to see them turn SmackDown into WCW Nitro. That would've at least made more sence in the Heavyweight Title. Instead having a Smackdown World title, and a Raw World title under the WWE umbrella. :yucky:

As for Edge, I heard he was going to TNA. I go to www.rajah.com for all my wrestling news/rumors, (very credible, been goin since '96) and I remember reading a few weeks ago that his contract w/WWE ends in September. -Then I found this shoot interview w/Kurt Angle on youtube: At the 05:21 point of the interview, he says; "I probably shouldn't be talking about this, but we're (TNA) probably going to sign another big name superstar from them (WWE) very soon. All I can say is that he's very good, he's young, and he's been a former World Champion." - Kurt Angle. Besides Edge, I've been trying to figure out who he's talking about that fits all the clues. Oh well, guess we'll find out soon enough.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#71 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,630 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:52 AM

the guy he was hinting at was Lashley BTW (BLACK LESNAR!!!!!)

TNA needs to focus on the talent they have, stop wasting money on Sting and go FORWARD

(Carlito would be an awesome addition though)

A better source for wrestling info (I gave up on rajah years ago when I got spyware INFESTED from them)

www.lordsofpain.net

and

wrestling.insidepulse.com (great articles and reviews)

#72 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:36 PM

The worst thing ever to happen to WWE--the purchasing of WCW. They just destroyed the business because there was no competition anymore.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#73 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,630 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:31 PM

The worst thing ever to happen to WWE--the purchasing of WCW. They just destroyed the business because there was no competition anymore.

This is so so so true
TNA can't and probably will never be able to compete on that level

so in a way... AOL killed pro wrestling, since they were the ones pulling the strings on TNT and TBS air waves back then

#74 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:52 PM

This is so so so true
TNA can't and probably will never be able to compete on that level

so in a way... AOL killed pro wrestling, since they were the ones pulling the strings on TNT and TBS air waves back then

Things I like about WWE
1. CMON Maria, Kelly Kelly & Mickie James
2. CMON Hornswoggle McMahon
3. CMON Boogeyman
4. Tables Ladders and Chairs Matches
5. When Carlito Spits Apples in your face.. CMON CARLITO

Things I don't like about WWE
1. Vickie Guerrero in a wheel chair. CMON EXPOSING EDDIE
2. Rey Mysterio's contact lenses .. CMON FREAKY EYES
3. John Morrison CMON OVER CONFIDENT METRO
4. Beth Phoenix CMON GLAMAZON
5. Dave Batista's Bazooka Entry when his Pyrotechnics go off CMON ROIDRAGE!

Edited by CMONBRENT, 24 June 2008 - 02:54 PM.

My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#75 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:20 PM

The thing I enjoyed best when I watched WWE was J.R.'s commentary.. definitely the best, especially when he lost his voice at the end of the match.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#76 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

...fresh off another white-hot Thursday Night iMPACT! Booker T/Kevin Nash Headline. After watching the main event tonight I gotta say, Big Sexy's still got it. So yeah sure, he's 50 years old. So what?! He still can wrestle for a big man as far as I'm concerned. He's still in excelent shape, he's still got it on the stick, so PUT THE STRAP ON HIM! If a guy like Kurt Angle had it (who's 50% of what he used to be ) just a few weeks ago, Big Daddy Cool can carry the load!

*PS: 3D proves to me every week how retarded a move it was for Vince & Co. to peddle these guys. Shame on you Vinny, the Tag Team division is garbage!

#77 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,630 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:19 AM

...fresh off another white-hot Thursday Night iMPACT! Booker T/Kevin Nash Headline. After watching the main event tonight I gotta say, Big Sexy's still got it. So yeah sure, he's 50 years old. So what?! He still can wrestle for a big man as far as I'm concerned. He's still in excelent shape, he's still got it on the stick, so PUT THE STRAP ON HIM! If a guy like Kurt Angle had it (who's 50% of what he used to be ) just a few weeks ago, Big Daddy Cool can carry the load!

*PS: 3D proves to me every week how retarded a move it was for Vince & Co. to peddle these guys. Shame on you Vinny, the Tag Team division is garbage!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's bad enough we're gonna get Nash vs Joe (who is the RIGHT guy to carry the belt and the company)
You can't seriously think he should WIN the belt :blink:
Joe is the face and the image of the company TNA needs to put out... ALTERNATIVE to WWE-crap
(Ditto with the world X Cup matches which have not only been a joy but the first time in YEARS I get pumped up to see a wrestling match!)

Angle at 25% brings the game and has better match quality then Big Lazy at 150%!!!!

But anyway... if you missed it... you HAVE to see the replay for the X-Cup Tag Match and the ABSURD Dudley Boyz (thank God they are heels again) Table Spot with Christian... you have NEVER seen a spot like THIS before

and for the last three weeks TNA has put on a good to outstanding TV Broadcast and the best part ... EVERY wrestler has a good interesting and logical feud going on (Even Sonjay Dutt is saving the awful Jay Lethal angle!)

#78 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:58 AM

:noclue: I see your point, but Joe just doesn't do it for me. Yeah he's a great wrestler, but I don't like being force fed anyone. TNA likes to ram him down your throat. (ala Jarrett & Angle) He's involved in every major angle, like what Hunter is to WWE. Now if your saying give the strap to a TNA homegrown, how bout AJ or Abyss? Those two kick ass.

It looks like now that the NAO have split, they're gonna push Kip James. TNA's very good at tweeking former WWE guys' characters. (Tomko, Christian, etc.) and max'ing them out to their full potential.

*Of course GoldSilverdust is the exception B )

Posted Image -vs- Posted Image

Edited by Beezer34, 28 June 2008 - 02:12 AM.

#79 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,630 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:32 PM

:noclue: I see your point, but Joe just doesn't do it for me. Yeah he's a great wrestler, but I don't like being force fed anyone. TNA likes to ram him down your throat. (ala Jarrett & Angle) He's involved in every major angle, like what Hunter is to WWE. Now if your saying give the strap to a TNA homegrown, how bout AJ or Abyss? Those two kick ass.

It looks like now that the NAO have split, they're gonna push Kip James. TNA's very good at tweeking former WWE guys' characters. (Tomko, Christian, etc.) and max'ing them out to their full potential.

*Of course GoldSilverdust is the exception B )

Posted Image -vs- Posted Image

Dude if anything they waited TOO long to give Joe the strap, the time to do it was 2 years ago when he was chasing Jarrett and was about to get it... then Angle signed and they flushed the whole thing... they pratically had to rebuild Joe from scratch from the beating his name took in that feud....

AJ and Abyss have been world champions.... again AJ needs a rebuild of momentum and cred from his goofy sidekick gimmick (which he was good in mind you).... I think Russo ruined Abyss by making a backstory for him and I don't know if it can be recovered from.....

You can dress up Billy Gunn as Moses and have him award the Stanley Cup to the Devils and the Lombardi Trophy to the Cowboys each week and he will STILL SUCK.. that man should have retired after thre Rock KOTR promo... it was done right there....

same with Road Dogg....

they got it right with Christian and Tomko, and even Booker a bit

but there's plenty of retreads they hosed up on.... yeah Blackdust is one of them.... :doh1: :doh1:

#80 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:11 AM

MNR TONIGHT MOFO's!!!!!

Night of Champions last night. Edge retained the World title, and HHH retained his belt too. So....RAW... has no belts on it's show. :blink:
Oh well, one step closer in Vince & co. finally unifying the damn titles. :pray:

Let's see where they go with this "Who tried to hurt Vince" thing tonight. Hopefully it'll be better than the "Who hit Austin" angle a few years back.

Posted Image
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users