2873 replies to this topic

#1001 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,121 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

If he goes to Pittsburgh or Philly, he can suck my dick. Seriously. After all that BS about wanting to stay here, all that "we" sh!t, the "don't worry" after fans chanted at him to stay. Absolute horsesh!t.

pretty much how I feel...though at least those teams aren't tha Rangers
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1002 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

pretty much how I feel...though at least those teams aren't tha Rangers

I think the Pens are actually more loathsome than the Rags now.

#1003 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

You're only saying that because he isn't going to the Rags.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1004 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,036 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

I hate the Rangers fans more, for the often stated reasons.

Penguins fans, while still obnoxious, don't piss me off as much. They're just unknowledgeable front runners. The Penguins franchise is despicable.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1005 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

You're only saying that because he isn't going to the Rags.

No, I'm not. With or without Parise, I've felt my hatred for Pittsburgh growing regularly since Martin went there and the whole perception of Bettman being up their ass. Zach signing there will put it over the top.

I agree about the fans. Rags fans are infinitely worse than Pens, but even there I think Flyers fans are worse than the Rags.

#1006 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

Yeah the Pens are going to be a pretty close second in terms of hatred if Zach goes there what makes it worse is the media and league-wide pimping of them.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 01 July 2012 - 03:42 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1007 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

The thing that irks me about the Penguins is the media acts as if they're this well oiled machine of a franchise when in reality they were irrelevant for many years, obtained a ton of top draft picks, were lucky enough to land the top 2 players in the league, and now go on poaching talent from other teams. Don't get me wrong, Shero has done a great job at rebuilding but I don't consider this franchise in the same conversation as NJD and Detroit who have always managed to stay relevant, draft well despite picking late, and develop their own talent.

#1008 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

how long do the devils wait until they make a move

#1009 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Everyone is waiting for Zach. We're not out on him yet. I wont expect a Devils move until then. We've only lost Poni and I know of no one who expected him to stay here + no one has been signed except Parenteau that would've been a fit here. Its been basically spare parts otherwise. Its just way too early to be impatient yet.

#1010 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

What move are you talking about? They made an offer to Parise and he didn't accept it. I am sure they talked to Brodeur and he got an agent and is looking at offers. Signing Hedberg would be smart..

#1011 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

If you're looking for a big move I doubt you see anything until Zach makes up his mind.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#1012 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

I'm so glad these other guys like Salvador, Marty, Hedberg and Rafalski a few years back don't stab us in the back when they easily could once they get put on the backburner for higher priorites.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#1013 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Fvck Parise if he signs with Pitt. Don't want to pay 9 mill 10 yr deal for a 70 pt 27yr old

Edit: who would also be a lying sack of sh!t

Edited by devlman, 01 July 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#1014 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

I'm so glad these other guys like Salvador, Marty, Hedberg and Rafalski a few years back don't stab us in the back when they easily could once they get put on the backburner for higher priorites.

I was actually wondering if maybe that's why Marty went through hiring an agent and acting likes he's going to test the market. Perhaps he's annoyed at not getting the organization's undivided attention.

Posted Image

#1015 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

I was actually wondering if maybe that's why Marty went through hiring an agent and acting likes he's going to test the market. Perhaps he's annoyed at not getting the organization's undivided attention.

I dont think there's any chance we lose both Marty and Parise. One will be back.

#1016 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

NHL tonight speculates Philly offers a contract in excess of 100m over 12 years for Parise.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#1017 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

No idea if Nick Kypreos gets things like this right, but he's saying Zach is telling teams he wants 12M signing bonus and another 12M next July 1st as part of his new deal?

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#1018 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

I dont think there's any chance we lose both Marty and Parise. One will be back.

I would agree with that. I was just suggesting that perhaps Marty wanted to steal a little of the attention from Zach, to not be put so much on the backburner.

Posted Image

#1019 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

Good god, I thought the Wild would be the only team to hit $100 million for Zach. If the Flyers are doing it too...

#1020 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

I would agree with that. I was just suggesting that perhaps Marty wanted to steal a little of the attention from Zach, to not be put so much on the backburner.

I think its more he went to Lou with the #/years he wants, Lou couldnt meet that, so they made an agreement that Marty tests the market and it goes from there. I can't really see Marty being a primadonna that just wants attention. Its possible, but it doesnt really fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users