Equipment Sale is on!

thelastonealive

This has to be the best place I've ever learned information from for consumption here, but...according to N.J. Devil's Facebook fan page, he'll be at the Devils Equipment Sale, June 26th at 10 AM-2 PM.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=126644920698647#!/event.php?eid=121893437848835

Edit: Yes, N.J. Devil's account is legit and run by the Devils.

Edit 2: Here's the link to register for free tickets or purchase VIP tickets: http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=62545

Edited by thelastonealive

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be the best place I've ever learned information from for consumption here, but...according to N.J. Devil's Facebook fan page, he'll be at the Devils Equipment Sale, June 26th at 10 AM-2 PM.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=126644920698647#!/event.php?eid=121893437848835

Edit: Yes, N.J. Devil's account is legit and run by the Devils.

Great news!!! I wonder how the crowd will be on a Saturday. More people available because it's a weekend, but maybe less will come since it's just a sale and not a party?

Edited by JWomp

Must get Kovalchuk stick.... :w00t:

Be prepared to wait there for hours in advance and pay through the nose. These sales are cool, but meh for me. IDK, but I just dont idolize stuff and signatures from athletes as a lot of people. Hope at least everyone gets something decent.

Must get Kovalchuk stick.... :w00t:

Good luck!

Be prepared to wait there for hours in advance and pay through the nose. These sales are cool, but meh for me. IDK, but I just dont idolize stuff and signatures from athletes as a lot of people. Hope at least everyone gets something decent.

I don't know about pay through the nose. Sticks were the same cost no matter which player.

Good luck!

I don't know about pay through the nose. Sticks were the same cost no matter which player.

I thought last year when I went that they had different prices? I could have forgotten so I might be wrong on that and you may be right. Still though, it is to me just a lot of money to spend on something that is either going to be encased or sit someplace and never be touched for years. But I know a lot of people like this stuff, so this is just my opinion and I do like collecting things, I guess just not used sports equipment.

However, anything from either Dr. Murray Seltzer, Vin Godleski, or Tom Piesla is gold to me. If any of you see their used stuff (notebooks, pens, whatever) please buy me some and I will pay you for it:)

I thought last year when I went that they had different prices? I could have forgotten so I might be wrong on that and you may be right. Still though, it is to me just a lot of money to spend on something that is either going to be encased or sit someplace and never be touched for years. But I know a lot of people like this stuff, so this is just my opinion and I do like collecting things, I guess just not used sports equipment.

However, anything from either Dr. Murray Seltzer, Vin Godleski, or Tom Piesla is gold to me. If any of you see their used stuff (notebooks, pens, whatever) please buy me some and I will pay you for it:)

I understand. As far as I saw it was $50 for non goalie sticks.

The real problem was equipment availablity of certain players. I suspect Kovy will fall in that category.

I'll keep my eye out for the notebooks and pens. :)

Yeah the sticks were $50. I got a Larry Robinson stick 2 years ago...I know a lot of people get them and actually use them, I however don't. Right now all my sticks are sitting in the back of my closet because I don't have anywhere to put them.

I know I've been to two equipment sales before, I don't want the kovie stick just because it was in his hands, I just want to use his curve.

I know I've been to two equipment sales before, I don't want the kovie stick just because it was in his hands, I just want to use his curve.

At least that is somewhat practical and can see that. Back when I used to play ice hockey years ago, I used to use Coffey's in games where I played defense and Renberg in games where I played offense. Go figure.

Last year, all player sticks (new or used) were $50. Goalie sticks were $20. There were no Brodeur or Parise sticks. Gloves were $100.

Thanks for that and good to know. I think they do not have Brodeur and Parise because of their contracts with Steiner, so whatever they have goes to Steiner first.

Game time decision for me. I've got too much as it is and with a baby on the way not a whole lot pf room. Hell I want to trim down my collection! Last I counted I was in the vicinity of 150 sticks and 40 pairs of gloves. I just don't feel like fighting and battling over players I have already.

Keep in mind that Kovy may have a deal with Steiner or something for his equipment Someone mentioned Marty and Zach do.

Players that are given their equipment from the company directly don't have to pick which equipment they bring home. The rest of the players that don't have contracts with easton and what not have their equipment bought by the team there for have less options of what they can bring home at the end of the season.