I am sorry, I can't believe this crap

LucifersDog

LD, your blind Marty hate is always over the top, but even worse is your use of arrogant Marty quotes to prove it.

STOP THE PRESSES!! An arrogant, confident goalie? Why, you're right. Marty's terrible. I've never heard of anything like this... oh wait, except from Patrick Roy, and Dominic Hasek, and Jacques Plante, and Terry Sawchuk and pretty much every all time great goalie except for Glenn Hall, who was exceptionally humble.

Once again, no idea what you're talking about. Starting a brand new Marty thread when there are already at least 2 is just plain sad.

Marty is the go to guy. If you seriously think he should not be, you need a reality check.

THIS.

Moose is great, no denying that. But If we go to our backup now, we're admitting the Panthers found a big weakness and we're bowing to it. It's all psychological and all but it is what it is. We can't influence the coach's decision and frankly as much as I'm an avid fan, I'm just glad we MADE it to the playoffs. Whatever happens happens. I think though that this is the year of upsets. I mean we were heavily favored by 99% of the expert analysts to win in at least 5, and here we down 2-1. Pit was favored by a lot to beat the Flyers and barring last night's explosion, it looked as though it was over for the Pens. Kings beating up heavily on the Canucks and if there is one more Vancouver loss, it's over. Nashville taking it to the Red Wings...

Things that aren't supposed to happen are happening this year. The "underdogs" find ways to get it done against seemingly tough opponents.

"It's not the fact of how I played, it's the fact the puck didn't hit me."

I'm gonna use this the next time I'm in the locker room with my teammates after yet another shellacking on the ice.

I'll let you know how they respond. Should be fun!

Edited by NJCroMag

A very profound argument we have here in 2012.

Brodeur's arrogance was evident Columbus Day Weekend in 1996 when he snubbed an entire crowd of kids waiting outside the back door of South Mountain Arena. A little girl was waiting a good portion of the afternoon and was brought to tears as Marty darted to his SUV and drove off. Those that were able to blockade him into a signature got a couple scribbles, not an autograph. It's too bad we didn't catch him at a more opportune time, like during the playoffs of that year, when his schedule was clear.

Good goalie, though.

(edit: not still angry, right?)

Edited by SegaDevil

A) That article wasn't even that bad compared to other Marty quotes.

B) It's hypocritical of us now to excuse Marty's ego and say he's just like Roy, Hasek, etc when we were on the soapbox earlier in Marty's career that he was elite without being like that.

C) Might as well merge all the anti Marty threads into one.

A very profound argument we have here in 2012.

Brodeur's arrogance was evident Columbus Day Weekend in 1996 when he snubbed an entire crowd of kids waiting outside the back door of South Mountain Arena. A little girl was waiting a good portion of the afternoon and was brought to tears as Marty darted to his SUV and drove off. Those that were able to blockade him into a signature got a couple scribbles, not an autograph. It's too bad we didn't catch him at a more opportune time, like during the playoffs of that year, when his schedule was clear.

Good goalie, though.

Lol still angry over waiting a few hours 16+ years ago and not getting an autograph? If you're still mad about that, I can only imagine the grudges you hold with other stuff. Let it go, anger is not healthy lol

It's the discretion of the fan, and the fan alone, on what they admire about a player. Prudence, quality of behavior, humility, (or lack thereof) this stuff is paramount to several fans. Many fans don't care about what happens off the ice\court\field, so long as the player performs for their team. To other fans the make up of a person, directly effects their rooting interest(s). How they perceive the players character weighs heavily on how they feel about the player.

..nothing wrong with either opinion. However, both should be respected.

THIS.

Moose is great, no denying that. But If we go to our backup now, we're admitting the Panthers found a big weakness and we're bowing to it. It's all psychological and all but it is what it is.

So you are saying that if the Panthers find a weakness we should not address it? I don't agree with your logic.

Edited by eaglejelly

The Panthers went to their backup, worked fine for them in Game 3 lol. I understand benching Marty is a little different than benching Theo (especially considering there's a chance tonight could be his final home game as a Devil), but the weakness thing doesn't fly. Carolina won a Cup with a 'backup' goalie.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Fans are impossible to please. I've said this over and over again, but you can't please everyone.

What do you people want? Do you want Brodeur to be mopey and depressed about getting pulled? Do you want his confidence shaken going into game 4?

Or do you want him to be positive, confident, and ready to bounce back in game 4?

I'll take the second option personally

The Panthers went to their backup, worked fine for them in Game 3 lol. I understand benching Marty is a little different than benching Theo (especially considering there's a chance tonight could be his final home game as a Devil), but the weakness thing doesn't fly. Carolina won a Cup with a 'backup' goalie.

By Legion's logic no one should ever change goalies in the playoffs. And yet Florida "admitting their weakness" and putting Clemmer in didn't seem to hurt them that much and I guarantee you starting him won't either. It was just one of the most mind boggling statements I've ever read on this forum. Forget listing examples, it's how the NHL works.

Edited by ben00rs

Lol still angry over waiting a few hours 16+ years ago and not getting an autograph? If you're still mad about that, I can only imagine the grudges you hold with other stuff. Let it go, anger is not healthy lol

The responses thus far have been about Brodeur's arrogance, as if it's a new thing and my response was that it is not. Please read the entire thread next time.

The responses thus far have been about Brodeur's arrogance, as if it's a new thing and my response was that it is not. Please read the entire thread next time.

Yes but it was pretty clear you're still angry about it, which was exactly my point

It's too bad we didn't catch him at a more opportune time, like during the playoffs of that year, when his schedule was clear.