Bamboozled by the Devils?

DevsMan84

He can get his money back absolutely -- he just can't retain his seats. THAT was the only thing he was asking for. HE can cancel and re-up for luck of the draw seats next season. The organization simply couldn;t guarentee him the same seats.

Perenial lockout is not under the teams control. To hold the team responsible for a league action is garbage. Use a little empathy - think about more than one or two single tickets or STHs Seriously -- you're not looking it from a realistic perspective just a perspective of self.

I didn't think it was clear in the article whether or not him being unable to retain his seats for next season was the MAIN factor in him deciding to giving up his battle. I thought it said that he had just upgraded his seats from last year. Doesn't that mean he is now paying more for season tix? Are the Devils doing so well in season ticket sales that they wouldn't care if he decided not to renew at all?

But leaving that aside, while it is true that no fan should hold any one individual team wholly responsible for the league's action to lock out the players, cancel games and re-do the whole schedule, fans can't be expected to totally absolve the teams either. The teams (including the players, of course) are the league. They're the ones that charge the fans for their product.

If fans thinks it's bullsh!t that the season got chopped in half, who else are they going to take it out on? The teams are the ones that are going to lose those fans' money.

One would think they would've been more concerned about that.

Edited by 95Crash

If fans thinks it's bullsh!t that the season got chopped in half, who else are they going to take it out on? The teams are the ones that are going to lose those fans' money.

One would think they would've been more concerned about that.

I think Lou talking to the guy and giving him suite access for Opening Night is showing some concern over how the fans feel.

I don't understand anyone making the Devils out to be the bad guy here. The guy paid for season tickets, whatever the season wound up being. There's no contractual agreement the season has to be 44 home games including preseason. He paid for the season and got refunded the difference in canceled games.

Like Darwin said, the guy wanted to have his cake and eat it too. It would be one thing if the guy just wanted his money back, at least you could make a case on principle if not fact that he was cheated. But he also wanted to reserve his seats for next year too, it doesn't work that way.

I'm with you, Mitico12. Not necessarily the "contract" aspect of it, but definitely the part about "good faith." This perennial lockout thing is pure garbage and regardless of how many fans are willing to not only accept it, but also expect it, a lot of other fans remain disgusted by it. I think the Devils should've given the guy his money back if that's what he really wanted.

However, I disagree with you on Lou's phone call and game invitation. That was a great move on his part. And judging by how Lou deals with the fans, I would imagine that had the guy still insisted on getting his money back, Lou would've made an exception for him.

Sometimes a little public relations goes a long way. It's too bad that there wasn't more of it done by not only our favorite team, but the league as a whole.

Why did he pay, then? The lockout was a mystery? Basically people are saying we should reward this guy for his stupidity, and I don't agree with that. Hell, where do you draw the line, should I get a refund for the first half of 10-11 when they were incredibly horrid?

Edited by maxpower