24/7 Rangers Flyers

Revan

This show is great!

I just wish there was ONE team on it that I didn't hate. :( For instance, Simmonds seems like a good guy. But I don't want to think about that while he's on the ice playing our team. And Prust seemed OK too. ... Crap!!! :doh1::)

That's the thing- we hate these teams, but the guys are all pretty much good guys that are just regular people. You get to see a side of them you normally never see.

First episodes are usually the slowest for these things because you are trying to introduce many characters while slowly creating many storylines, so it was quite solid all things considered.

Very interesting seeing Torts go right after guys. In the game against the Leafs, he really gave it to Brian Boyle during the intermission, calling him out on missing an assignment that they had worked on all year. He also gave it to Gaborik on the bench later on the show.

Things like will work short-term and when things are going well, but it is easy to see how coaches like that lose the room after a few years with that style.

Edited by devilsrule33

if you miss any of this, don't worry. I am sure the Rangers will make this a box set and stick it next to the one from 1994.

What will cap this off for Torts will be a finale vs Larry Brooks. Make it happen!

I did laugh that they figured out a way to show Messier w/ the cup in '94. Good show, sh*t teams.

is this show a jinx on teams yet? hopefully now they go into big skids and drag each other into the gutter, if both these teams go down now thats entertainment

bryz is a fan fave he seemed like he just cashed his paycheck, look at kovy after he signed imagine if a camera followed him around oh wait...

Edited by lazer

I was convinced it was 'Every Little Star' used in the movie Mulholland Drive (that's where the repeating sample is from, anyway).

I expect this series will yield at least 4 more Tortorella gems.

this song is absolutely in my head today - downloaded on itunes and have listened to it about 10 times in the background. as an FYI, i also downloaded fitz and the tantrums who's song "money grabber" was what highlighted the flyers early. they've picked some good music for this special so far.

if you miss any of this, don't worry. I am sure the Rangers will make this a box set and stick it next to the one from 1994.

What will cap this off for Torts will be a finale vs Larry Brooks. Make it happen!

i will consider this an utter failure of a series if there is no brooks-torts confrontation. Rangers need to get blown out (hopefully in NJ on Tuesday) to see it happen.

this song is absolutely in my head today - downloaded on itunes and have listened to it about 10 times in the background. as an FYI, i also downloaded fitz and the tantrums who's song "money grabber" was what highlighted the flyers early. they've picked some good music for this special so far.

While Mac Miller's song is pretty catchy, I cringed when I heard and saw an NHL team using some annoying 19-year-old's song as their victory song.

As for good music being played, add The Black Keys - Lonely Boy.

Edited by devilsrule33

While Mac Miller's song is pretty catchy, I cringed when I heard and saw an NHL team using some annoying 19-year-old's song as their victory song.

It's funny you say that, because the Flyers fans I watched the show with last night got really excited about them using "Knock Knock." Partially because it's a biggish party song here, but still.

can you imagine Volchenkov dancing to that song lol

on another note... i know we'll never see it but it would be hilarious to see the Devils in those show... Tedenby would be damn hilarious to watch in the locker room im sure lol

We play the Rags on Tuesday....you know what that means! Yup the Devils will roughly get 3 minutes of airtime on 24/7. I'm thinking of making a GDT and maynebgetting together a viewing party.......

I hope we only get three minutes next week :P But you know they'll at least bring up the home-ice advantage for the Rangers here.

Anyone watch Episode 3 yet?

Another solid episode. Some good quotes. Got to say, everything about this Rangers team is quite enjoyable minus the annoying Brandon Prust.

The Giroux-Ott exchange was jokes and the Sestito trash talking followed by the Richards "fantasy camp" response was excellent.

The Flyers team minus Bryzgalov have been pretty boring to me. Although, Laviolette had some great speeches. Torts is great too. Big difference from the incoherent yet entertaining babble we heard from Boudreau last year.

Bryzgalov's family was cute as hell too. Seeing guys with the family remind us that even though we want them to be as angry as we are after tough losses, they have to go home to their kids and families and that stuff puts everything into perspective. Can't let the job affect the family life.

Edited by devilsrule33